Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

raymondu999 wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 14:00
And here is the counterpart excerpt on Red Bull, on Krating Daeng's page:
The Thai product is a different company from the global brand Red Bull as formulated by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur.[6] Mateschitz was the international marketing director for Blendax, a German toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag.[7] He worked in partnership with Chaleo's T.C. Pharmaceuticals to adapt the formula and composition to Western tastes.[8] Red Bull was launched in 1987. The two companies are often mistaken for each other, but they are separate entities focusing on different target markets running in conjunction with one another. Today, Red Bull GmbH is 51 percent controlled by the Yoovidhya family, who own the trademark for the drink in Europe and the United States of America.

:wink:

Big Tea

JordanMugen wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 21:25
raymondu999 wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 14:00
And here is the counterpart excerpt on Red Bull, on Krating Daeng's page:
The Thai product is a different company from the global brand Red Bull as formulated by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur.[6] Mateschitz was the international marketing director for Blendax, a German toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag.[7] He worked in partnership with Chaleo's T.C. Pharmaceuticals to adapt the formula and composition to Western tastes.[8] Red Bull was launched in 1987. The two companies are often mistaken for each other, but they are separate entities focusing on different target markets running in conjunction with one another. Today, Red Bull GmbH is 51 percent controlled by the Yoovidhya family, who own the trademark for the drink in Europe and the United States of America.
https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/a05pyjq_700b.jpg

:wink:
Looks like medicine :shock: :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X

Albon in an interview today about the crash was also asked about the prototype tires being tested for next year.

He said "will see how it goes next year" regarding next year's tires. Like if he knows he's being kept.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

selvam_e2002

why we need to change Albon? I don't see any sense. RB going for engine development freeze till 2025 and begging other team to accept it. Today we got the news that Ferrari and Renault accepted if engine rule change prepone by 1 year. what we are going to get if we change Albon in RB? will they win in coming years no? it seems they are happy with second place and if freeze on the way, we will see same line up and mercedes will dominate till 2025. Enjoy boring races....

Racer X

Yeah they are going to hand the Championship to Mercedes for sure.

Frozen engines at the start of the 2021 season means I think ... Ferrari will and Renault and Mercedes be bringing as many upgrades as they can. Immediately into the testing phase of the pre season. (Because the freeze starts in Australia.)

I dont think RedBull can keep up with that level of Development. Unless Honda still lends a hand.

But anyways it makes less sense to keep Albon if that's the case the kid cant keep up with Max. If they make the car easier for Albon to drive they will also be making it slower...
So that digs a deeper hole for RedBull.

I don't think they will let go of Albon.

However keeping Albon is going to hurt them more then it already has if they also tune the car to suit Albon.

Not one team in the history of successful teams has ever made their car suit their slower driver.

RedBull is taking steps backwards... But that would be suicide.

RIP RedBull at the hands of the Thai Owners and their chosen Driver(also Thai)....

selvam_e2002

Racer X wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 10:22

Frozen engines at the start of the 2021 season means I think ... Ferrari will and Renault and Mercedes be bringing as many upgrades as they can. Immediately into the testing phase of the pre season. (Because the freeze starts in Australia.)

I dont think RedBull can keep up with that level of Development. Unless Honda still lends a hand.

But anyways it makes less sense to keep Albon if that's the case the kid cant keep up with Max. If they make the car easier for Albon to drive they will also be making it slower...

However keeping Albon is going to hurt them more then it already has if they also tune the car to suit Albon.

Not one team in the history of successful teams has ever made their car suit their slower driver.

RIP RedBull at the hands of the Thai Owners and their chosen Driver(also Thai)....
well said!

Snorked

Perez holding a press conference on Monday, so it seems he's out of the running for the Red Bull seat?

PlatinumZealot

Racer X wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 10:22

They better hope Albon can at least trouble the Mercedes undercuts.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racer X

Snorked wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 13:16
Perez holding a press conference on Monday, so it seems he's out of the running for the Red Bull seat?
It seems he is.

As I recall that i said I always believed that while Sergio Perez to me had an edge over Hulk.

RedBull was not going to drop Albon.

JordanMugen

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 15:17
To think that Alonso was available for 2021 and Red Bull did not act to secure the Spainard's signature when they had the chance. :|

selvam_e2002

JordanMugen wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 02:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 15:17
To think that Alonso was available for 2021 and Red Bull did not act to secure the Spainard's signature when they had the chance. :|
Because of Honda and RB does not know Honda out in 2022. good politics played by Honda.

Now I accept Alonso comment about Honda!

Racer X

Didn't Alonso give Honda bad publicity. Even if Alonso was willing i don't think RedBull was willing because of Honda. But I don't think RedBull is wiling at all because of Alonso's age. It's one thing a driver like Webber but Alonso's age is a bit more advanced. But I'm pretty sure they knew he was available. Just like they know everyone who is available and yet they only (for a short time) considered Hulk/Perez.

PlatinumZealot

Hulkenback III for next week surely?

Or Mick Schumacher?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 20:10

Or Mick Schumacher?
Can Mick drive yet? Has he been awarded his points or do they come at season end?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NL_Fer

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 20:10

Or Mick Schumacher?
He is kinda busy atm with his own championship I suppose