Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

izzy wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 13:18
Big Tea wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 12:44
I do not see Lewis in the mold of Ferrari worship. He is now a Mercedes icon and is in his 'comfort zone', why should he change? If he was to change, I see it being to a resurgent Mclaren, as this was his target when growing up and may still feel he has unfinished business there. Does he even have a Ferrari road car? He seems uninterested in the name and the image.
after 2010 on when they gave the spotlight to Jenson, put that Sam Michael in with the pit stops, took Phil Prew away and gave him a rookie RE, and then Ron getting caught badmouthing him to DrZ, i don't think Lewis actually has a lot of love for McLaren, even if he and Ron were nice to each other over the 6th wdc

Yes he has at least one Ferrari, a LaFerrari in California or maybe Colorado. He's always said good things about Ferrari, i think there's definitely a pull. i mean yes he'd be insane, but then he is obviously, look at that hair
:o :twisted: :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

The issue with Ferrari, for Hamilton, is that at Ferrari it's Ferrari first, last, always. At Mercedes, Hamilton is given a lot of leeway to be himself. I don't see Ferrari's culture allowing that, to be honest. To go to Ferrari would be like going back to Ron's McLaren - everything is controlled and at the behest of the team. Hamilton would be stifled and pressured and would not be at his best.

Mark my words - if Hamilton goes to Ferrari, he won't win another title.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Capharol
Capharol

Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 14:14
The issue with Ferrari, for Hamilton, is that at Ferrari it's Ferrari first, last, always. At Mercedes, Hamilton is given a lot of leeway to be himself. I don't see Ferrari's culture allowing that, to be honest. To go to Ferrari would be like going back to Ron's McLaren - everything is controlled and at the behest of the team. Hamilton would be stifled and pressured and would not be at his best.

agree

izzy
izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:

well IF they took him, they know what they're getting don't they. it's not like he's 22 any more, he's the global superstar with floral jackets and hip-hop

and look on the upside: a Ferrari being driven without mistakes!!! Really fast, winning or harvesting points race after race. They'd worship him

marvin78
marvin78

IF the Ferrari can be driven without mistakes.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

izzy wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 14:55
They'd worship him
Even the monkey-calling, "f**k you, Hamilton" chanting tifosi? :wink:

turbof1

Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 15:49
izzy wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 14:55
They'd worship him
Even the monkey-calling, "f**k you, Hamilton" chanting tifosi? :wink:
You mean the same ones who did this to Alonso in 2006:

And then this in 2010:

:wink:
#AeroFrodo

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
Even if the team allowed it, the fans and press wouldn't. Honestly I don't understand why so many drivers want to drive for them. If you make one mistake, don't toe the line, or just have a bad day, every Joe Schmo and his brother berates you about it.
197 104 103 7

TAG

For over a decade now, Ferrari has been where former world champions go to kill their careers. They have everything they need in Leclerc to make their own, and I for one think he can do it if Ferrari give him a car that's competitive for an entire season, not just half of one.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

I doubt it. I don't think they can win till 2025 with Lecrec.

2020 again Vettel Vs Lecrec clash. Ferrari will lose Wdc and WCC
2021 and beyond till 2025 Lecrec vs ???? Ric,Max, Ham... then Lec screwed his own career by Screwing Vettel. How may years ferrari can tolerate with lecrec? Those guys are even worsen than Vettel.

Beyond 2021, I hope the race will be more close and the win come only if driver and team make no mistakes. But I don't believe Ferrari maturing Lecrec well in this aspect. He should shut his mouth on Radio and learn how don't to panic in critical situation.

By the time ferrari run out of patience and kick lecrec out from Ferrari.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

TAG wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 16:41
For over a decade now, Ferrari has been where former world champions go to kill their careers. They have everything they need in Leclerc to make their own, and I for one think he can do it if Ferrari give him a car that's competitive for an entire season, not just half of one.
Agreed. They'd be better off getting in a "decent" second driver to support Leclerc and then build around Leclerc. Getting in Hamilton to replace either Vettel or Leclerc just puts them in the same position they're in now but with a new ego to figure out. Hamilton won't want/expect number one status and Leclerc will expect to be allowed to compete. Vettel won't want Hamilton in the team with him.

I don't see Hamilton fitting in the team and nor do I see him wanting to be there.

Jambier

Hamilton will equal Schumacher in 2020, then:

- Mercedes stays: Why the hell should he go elsewhere? A final 3 years contract, and then end of F1
- Mercedes leave: I want to see him in a McLaren Mercedes again, helping the team to progress, win races :)
- Going to Ferrari: Well... it is a pre-retirement team for former champions. And they have Leclerc for the future, and they are bad at managing drivers, and strategy

For me, he should end his career at Mercedes or at Mclaren depending the futur of Mercedes

And for me, the MOST IMPORTANT guy to recruit on F1 is Toto Wolff.
If Ferrari wants to be champion, they should hire him, he has a more significative impact on performance than the drivers

As Todt did at Ferrari.

Big Tea

Jambier wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 16:59
Hamilton will equal Schumacher in 2020, then:

- Mercedes stays: Why the hell should he go elsewhere? A final 3 years contract, and then end of F1
- Mercedes leave: I want to see him in a McLaren Mercedes again, helping the team to progress, win races :)
- Going to Ferrari: Well... it is a pre-retirement team for former champions. And they have Leclerc for the future, and they are bad at managing drivers, and strategy

For me, he should end his career at Mercedes or at Mclaren depending the futur of Mercedes

And for me, the MOST IMPORTANT guy to recruit on F1 is Toto Wolff.
If Ferrari wants to be champion, they should hire him, he has a more significative impact on performance than the drivers

As Todt did at Ferrari.
The more I think about it, the better fit he seems to be if he went to Mclaren, with Mercedes backing.
If Mercedes are staying in, then without doubt the best option for both of them is, as you are.

If Merc leave, or even want to bring in a different driver but retain links with Hamilton, it is a possible gain/gain/gain for all of them

The down side, who leaves Mclaren? They look a good paring.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jambier

Then there is the Ricciardo situation:

- He is not getting younger
- I'm a fan of Renault, but let's be honest, I don't see them close to win a title before years...

So what should he do ?

I'm afraid of binotto management, but I think he can be in good relationship and go along LEC at Ferrari
I think this is a very good choice for both of them actually.

Jambier

Big Tea wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 17:12
The down side, who leaves Mclaren? They look a good paring.
Yes, they are perfect for how is the team now.
Will they be to fight for titles ? We don't know.

I think 2020 will give more vision about who is the better driver there, Norris will do his second saison, if he even matches SAI, I definitely think they will keep him for the long term