The curious case of Sebastian Vettel

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: The curious case of Sebastian Vettel

Scorpaguy wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 03:35
The only thing I find curious about Seb is the penchant folks have for bashing him. 4X WDC and still gets no respect...might as well be Rodney Dangerfield.
No idea who´s Rodney Dangerfield, but ANY champion gets some beating from fans of their competitors, at any sport

Scorpaguy wrote:
While not a fan myself, I can certainly see why a former champ gets involved in a few track spats when his equipment is not the best..or spins a car with no down force. Yes, he is no Ham, but neither is anyone else.
What do you mean a car with no downforce? Because if you mean some Ferrari cars he´s been driving lately or the RBR from the season he was beaten by Ricciardo, then any Haas, Alfa, Racing point, STR, McLaren or Williams driver would crack up reading this, if those cars Vettel drove (always top 3 cars at least) had no downforce, what about all these? They should be spinning constantly due to the huge lack of DF compared

Not going on rails is very very different from a car with no downforce. Vettel need a rear end on rails, then he´s blistering fast, but I can´t rate a driver with such a small operating window a real top class in F1, and I think many people agree with me, wich is the reason for threads like this, people can´t cope with a driver like him earning 4 titles, and I´m including myself here

Just as an example, if FIA didn´t ban double diffusers that fast, Button would also be multiple WDC. Or if they would have banned blown diffusers (or any other RBR advantage) at same speed as double diffusers, Vettel would only have 1 title. And probably Alonso would have more than 4. Titles in F1 depend on a lot more things than just driver talent, politics included wich is a shame.

That´s the reason using titles as a reference of driver greatness is a huge mistake in F1 IMHO

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 19:23

What do you mean a car with no downforce? Because if you mean some Ferrari cars he´s been driving lately or the RBR from the season he was beaten by Ricciardo, then any Haas, Alfa, Racing point, STR, McLaren or Williams driver would crack up reading this, if those cars Vettel drove (always top 3 cars at least) had no downforce, what about all these? They should be spinning constantly due to the huge lack of DF compared

=D> =D> Love this. Surely that would mean the cars you listed actually create lift :mrgreen: As they have less downforce than the 0 downforce Ferrari :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

digitalrurouni wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 15:59
Is it just me or has Vettel finally seemed to have gotten on top of the SF90 finally the last few races? It seems he's stepping up to Leclerc.
LEC outqualled him in Mexico and was foolishly pitted on lap 15, there is no evidence that Vettel was better in Mexico, only that he was given the better strategy.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Scorpaguy wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 18:35
PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 06:08
Scorpaguy wrote:
The only thing I find curious about Seb is the penchant folks have for bashing him. 4X WDC and still gets no respect...might as well be Rodney Dangerfield.

While not a fan myself, I can certainly see why a former champ gets involved in a few track spats when his equipment is not the best..or spins a car with no down force. Yes, he is no Ham, but neither is anyone else.
:?: :-k
Interesting. Do you mean mid-field level, back-marker, or top tier car but not a dominating one?
IMHO...Merc has had the dominating package for some time now. Seb has been the chaser...and at times an aggressive chaser. I can see being thusly frustrated...as well as overdriving at times. But I do not doubt his skills.
Canada 2011, Leading and goes off, loses the win...

A bunch of other examples between 2011 and 2017...

Singapore 2017, startsfrom pole, causes a pile up.
Germany 2018, crashes while leading.
Bahrain 2019, 2nd behind his teammate spins, handing the in to his title rival.
Canada 2019, goes off while leading and comes back on unsafely getting a deserved penalty.

There are many others, but "you don't doubt his skills".

Can't name any other multi wdc driver that has made even half as many mistakes as Vettel.

Scorpaguy

...yep, Rodney Dangerfield.

Vettel165

This threat could be named a corious case of Enginetuner.

He is worse as the guys on auto forum. Cant respect such a delusional guy. Who just keeps repeating himself, with no common sense. I am leaving and thank god for that, how some of you guys can bear one troll guy everyday cant believe it. He is probably an old Alonso or Webber fan and is blinded by that. Classic.

izzy
izzy

Vettel165 wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 22:39

He is worse as the guys on auto forum. Cant respect such a delusional guy. Who just keeps repeating himself, with no common sense. I am leaving and thank god for that, how some of you guys can bear one troll guy everyday cant believe it. He is probably an old Alonso or Webber fan and is blinded by that. Classic.
you need to defend Seb with evidence about him and his driving, not talking about ET :)

youngest wdc or whatever, times he's outperformed Charles or done well

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 20:04
digitalrurouni wrote:
Is it just me or has Vettel finally seemed to have gotten on top of the SF90 finally the last few races? It seems he's stepping up to Leclerc.
LEC outqualled him in Mexico and was foolishly pitted on lap 15, there is no evidence that Vettel was better in Mexico, only that he was given the better strategy.
Uhh Vettel was on a faster lap before the yellow flag happened and he lifted. So if there was no accident Vettel would have out qualified Leclerc.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

digitalrurouni wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 14:21
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
digitalrurouni wrote:
Uhh Vettel was on a faster lap before the yellow flag happened and he lifted. So if there was no accident Vettel would have out qualified Leclerc.
Conjecture, it could have been VET that crashed, much more of that happening than him outqualifing LEC. LEC has dominated VET this year.

Vettel165

Keep dreaming Seb is still faster in race pace and in tyre Management in nearly every race this year. In qualy leclerc has the edge. But Seb still has that small edge in general. Was unlucky in a lot of q3 this year as he a lot of times had issues with the car. Both drivers are error prone. Seb is finding that mojo back. Forza Ferrari.

Andres125sx

Vettel165 wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 20:49
Keep dreaming
Sorry but I find this funny coming from a Vettel fan :mrgreen: Lecrerc is beating Seb fair and square on his very first season in red, and only second season in F1, both in qualy and race

This is not a critic to Seb tough, but a huge praise to Charles who´s earning the merit as the youngster with the biggest potential, fighting Max in this regard

Ok it´s also a bit of a critic to Seb, as Charles is not first teammate to beat him so Seb is not that unbeatable driver most of us assumed in his RBR era, he makes lots of mistakes, he´s not the fastest if the car does not suit his driving style... he´s a very very good driver obviously, but I can´t rate him higher than any single WDC even is he won 4 of them. To me that´s only the consequence of politics, allowing a team dominating for some consecutive years when some other dominating cars where banned instantly (Brawns, Williams, Brabham...).

That was not the only case obvioulsy, current Mercedes car also, previously Ferrari, etc. Wich is by far the most disgusting part of F1, politics in the end play a huge role in the championship, even higher than driver talent :sick:

Sevach
Sevach

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 18:25
digitalrurouni wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 14:21
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

Conjecture, it could have been VET that crashed, much more of that happening than him outqualifing LEC. LEC has dominated VET this year.
Vettel drove out of the final corner "for real" without radio warning him of anything, so no he wasn't going to bottle it this time.

El Scorchio

Vettel165 wrote:
30 Oct 2019, 22:39

But with your username, you're hardly likely to be very impartial yourself...

Vettel165

Where is he beating Seb in the race. Seb was faster on race pace in majority of the races. Leclerc has the qualy edge. I am saying both are quite equal on average. But not a chance for the title we had this year. The Mercedes and Lewis were to good in the first half.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Nothing curious, same old stupid vettel, year in, year out.