Zandvoort

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Re: Zandvoort

Isnt that damaging for asphalt that is so new?
Not with them scared to use their right foot. :wink:
I was hoping for a better view of the banking after watching the Vegas this weekend. 20° vs 18°
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

TEHNOS

strad

How can you get a real idea or have any fun with the guy in front of you riding his brakes?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

dren

3jawchuck wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 21:36
Tim.Wright wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 09:11
30% is massive. I hope someone told Pirelli about this a long time ago.
2005 is calling.
I was at that race. There were middle fingers abound.
Honda!

AMG.Tzan

Why is everyone posting pictures of the Hugenholtz banking (Autosport-Motorsport.com, F1.com etc)?? I mean it is huge yes...but wasn't all the fuss made about the Arie Luyendijk banking...it'll be much faster after all!

Also many of the videos showing a lap around the new track uploaded last week are already down! But why?? Is there some kind of copyright issue with the circuit or F1??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

TEHNOS

AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:51
Why is everyone posting pictures of the Hugenholtz banking (Autosport-Motorsport.com, F1.com etc)?? I mean it is huge yes...but wasn't all the fuss made about the Arie Luyendijk banking...it'll be much faster after all!

Also many of the videos showing a lap around the new track uploaded last week are already down! But why?? Is there some kind of copyright issue with the circuit or F1??
Because even Jarno Zaffelli is most excited about Hugenholtz as it is supposed to offer 5-6 different lines through it...

He even expects up to 1 second could be gained or lost in Hugenholtz alone.

"If we just let you wander off. Close your eyes. What is your vision thinking about May 3rd?

Jarno Zaffelli – Within Dromo we have a bet, which relates to how many cars will go through Turn 3 side by side and the close racing between drivers. Sunday 3rd May will be an interesting day."

Luyendijk will do the required job.

bosyber

I like their enthusiasm, hope things turn out like that!

Did anyone catch the talk on the testing stream (thanks Wouter) about the Dutch journalist who in the press conference tried asking Hamilton what he thought of F1 teams driving over the beach, with him so big on the environment? (and HAM politely, but confused, answering, repeatedly, that he didn't know what she was asking about. Guess he'll ask Verstappen what that was about, lol.

TEHNOS

Brake Horse Power

Max in an interview mentioned that Luyendijk Will probably be in 7th gear during qualification. So that is 270 km/h?

TEHNOS

Spacepace

It's going to be fun watching the cars on this track but I imagine it's going to be a precession. That truck at 2:35 really gives you an idea how narrow the track is

Jolle

Spacepace wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 23:51
It's going to be fun watching the cars on this track but I imagine it's going to be a precession. That truck at 2:35 really gives you an idea how narrow the track is
Not just narrow but because of the left/right bends before the hairpin (Gerlach), after Tarzan and before schijvlak (slotermakers corner) you can't put yourself next to your opponent before the braking zone. In the race you just deploy all your electric power after Khumo and keep it on the inside on the straight.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Capharol