Zandvoort

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Capharol

Re: Zandvoort

Wouter wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 21:23
"We are going to turn the Arie Luyendyk bend into a bend with a gradient of 32 percent,
so that the difference in height between the top and bottom of the bend becomes more than four and a half meters."

That's what the circuit director Van Overdijk tells us.
there is a difference between % and degrees Wouter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEEgINoP2-o

strad

Thanks Capharol
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Wouter

Capharol wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 21:29
Wouter wrote:
"We are going to turn the Arie Luyendyk bend into a bend with a gradient of 32 percent,
so that the difference in height between the top and bottom of the bend becomes more than four and a half meters."

That's what the circuit director Van Overdijk tells us.

What is your point @Caph?
I only quoted what the circuit director Overdijk told in the media.
Is he not telling the truth?? 32 % is about 18 degrees isn't it?

Another quote from Motorsport.com:

The round bend of the Circuit Zandvoort will have a slope of 32 percent, which equals eighteen degrees. This makes the difference in height between the top and bottom of the Arie Luyendyk bend no less than four and a half meters. Robert van Overdijk, director of Circuit Zandvoort, also announces that the Hugenholtz curve will also be provided with extra banking.
The Power of Dreams!

Capharol

Wouter wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 22:50
Capharol wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 21:29
Wouter wrote:

What is your point @Caph?
I only quoted what the circuit director Overdijk told in the media.
Is he not telling the truth?? 32 % is about 18 degrees isn't it?

Another quote from Motorsport.com:

The round bend of the Circuit Zandvoort will have a slope of 32 percent, which equals eighteen degrees. This makes the difference in height between the top and bottom of the Arie Luyendyk bend no less than four and a half meters. Robert van Overdijk, director of Circuit Zandvoort, also announces that the Hugenholtz curve will also be provided with extra banking.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ma.svg.png
ok i thought you misread what strad wrote, if not i apologize

strad

I was referring to Juzh :""With predicted 30+ degrees banking"""
I repeat it will only be 18°... not 30°
Yes 18° is 32.5 %
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Wouter

Capharol wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 22:52
ok i thought you misread what strad wrote, if not i apologize
I didn't react on @Strad. I didn't quote him.
I only posted a quote from the circuit director with some more information,
the difference in height is about 4.5 meters. Thats it.
No need to apologize, but thanks anyway.
The Power of Dreams!

waynes

RZS10 wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 18:12

No. https://f1i.com/news/348536-zandvoort-t ... eturn.html
One aspect Zandvoort will retain is the presence of its gravel tracks which have been preferred to the installation of forgiving asphalt run-off areas.

"We are keeping the gravel," Zaffelli told RaceFans. "This was one of the requests from all the parties.

"FOM requested it because of the heritage of the track. The track [owners] asked for it. And as you know we are more than happy to have gravel instead of asphalt if we think that it is not necessary."
excellent. From the look of the pictures its as if they are prepping for concrete / asphalt however good to know that gravel awaits any giddy drivers (GRO anyone?)

:)

Capharol

here a view pics of the rebuilding of the track

https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/in-beeld ... zaam-vorm/

Jolle

Looks like they are going to make an extra acces road to the main pits paddock area over the main straight

Godius

Artist impression: De veranderingen aan Circuit Zandvoort

Artist impression from the contractor:

Noetiepoerker26

Looks as if asphalt run-off is only constructed at the Tarzan corner (turn 1); concrete wall at Luyendijk (last turn)?
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

Big Tea

I think I would prefer if it was a negative camber, with a huge run off. Sort the men from the boys and a super overtaking opportunity with a a genuine do-or-bust option
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

Wouter

There was a PC this morning at Circuit Zandvoort.

Between excavators, bulldozers and large heaps of sand, the organization for the Grand Prix of the Netherlands gave an update on Monday morning about the renovations on the circuit of Zandvoort.

"A few things still need to be done," says director Robert van Overdijk euphemistically, because construction machinery is coming and going on and around the circuit.

"It is beautiful to drive, but difficult to overtake", architect Jarno Zaffelli describes the circuit. To make spectacular races possible, the Hugenholz bend and the last bend, the Arie Luyendijk bend, are called so-called curves that rise slightly. The Arie Luyendijk curve even with a slope percentage of 32.

104,000 visitors a day

The accessibility of the circuit is also discussed. Rob Langenberg, responsible for logistics, counts on 104,000 visitors a day. "Spread is the key word."

"A survey shows that one third of the spectators want to come by train with a ticket. But we also want to explain to people that they can buy a bus ticket. And we encourage people who live within 7.5 kilometers of the circuit to walk to come."
Here you can see three pictures from this morning.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2312968-verbouwi ... bruik.html

From another site:
Circuit not accessible by car
Fans who ignore the advice and still want to reach the circuit by car will be warned in all sorts of ways. "It's very simple: cars and motorcycles without a permit do not enter Zandvoort", Langenberg emphasizes. "We welcome these groups in the periphery, where people can park on large areas. From there you can go by bus or bicycle to Zandvoort.
There is barely a square meter on the circuit where no work is currently being done. Almost everything needs to be adjusted, renewed or improved. But the renovation is going according to schedule, last night the event license was submitted to the municipality of Zandvoort, five months before the Grand Prix of the Netherlands. And if the circuit is Formula 1-proof, there will be a unique job.
This is the only present (old) grandstand .
The Power of Dreams!