Chinese GP under threat likely cancelled

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
AMG.Tzan

Re: Chinese GP under threat likely cancelled

Zynerji wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 16:01
izzy wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:57
AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:28
Oh my God...please go ahead FIA - Liberty Media...Imola then Zandvoort...that would be epic!! :oops:
Wow already imagining how today's cars will look around Imola!! :D
i don't think these cars will be able to overtake at Imola will they?
I think I'd rather see Turkey return. The quad apex left hander would be huge G's in these cars...
Yeah Turkey also was such a great track!! But Erdogan only has money for military purposes...running a Grand Prix weekend is too much it seems! =D>
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Just_a_fan

Yes, Turkey would be good to see on the calendar with these cars, and the 2021 cars too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

izzy

Zynerji wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 16:01
I think I'd rather see Turkey return. The quad apex left hander would be huge G's in these cars...
Yes great choice. or India, or Sepang

NathanOlder

AMG.Tzan wrote:

All 10 teams have to accept of course! Ferrari...now is the time to use your veto powers and just make everyone go ahead with this! It's Italy we are talking about after all... :lol: :lol:
Surely the teams have no say, its just a 22 race calendar as expected, with 1 less fly away race and a local race in its place instead.

What can the teams complain about? Maybe 19 drivers complain that Kimi has an unfair advantage as he's the only one to have F1 experience at the track :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AMG.Tzan

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 17:05
AMG.Tzan wrote:

All 10 teams have to accept of course! Ferrari...now is the time to use your veto powers and just make everyone go ahead with this! It's Italy we are talking about after all... :lol: :lol:
Surely the teams have no say, its just a 22 race calendar as expected, with 1 less fly away race and a local race in its place instead.

What can the teams complain about? Maybe 19 drivers complain that Kimi has an unfair advantage as he's the only one to have F1 experience at the track :lol:
Wow that's a fact...Kimi is the only to have raced there before! Kimi boomer :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

AJI
AJI

izzy wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 16:26
.... Sepang
Totally! I saw two races at Sepang and they were awesome, the last one being when Vet won his first race for Ferrari.
Hailing from Oz makes me biased of course. It was cheaper to fly to Malaysia and have a week long holiday whilst catching a GP than it was to go to Melbourne for the race day!

ESPImperium

Vietnam now looking as if its on the 'postponed' list, and Bahrain now looking as if it could go the same way.

Ferrari have taken steps to prevent folk who live in the rural areas affected from coming to the factory, Pirelli and Alpha are still to announce their plans.

The season opener in Australia may go ahead, but with 8 teams and then a close to 9 week gap till Zandvoort.

F1s leadership is facing its toughest test, and its reputation is under threat at the moment whilst it is in their guardianship. Its uncharted waters in truly unprecedented times.

if this Coronavirus COVID-19 goes on longer than the May 1-3 date for The Netherlands, it may be safe to say we may have more races off. Or do we go and race with what Internationale/Ludogrets are doing in the Europa League and play being closed doors???

Questions need answered by Liberty.

EDIT: Got my Thailand and Vietnams mixed up.
Last edited by ESPImperium on 25 Feb 2020, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

notsofast

Liberty: "100.000 people buy tickets, but 10.000.000 people watch on TV. The race is on!"

Zandvoort: "We get revenue from attendance, not from TV. The race is off!"

FrukostScones

let them all race from a bunker in E-sports.
Season is off.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Pyrone89

AMG.Tzan wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 09:34
Apparently Imola has put in an application to replace the Chinese Grand Prix

=D> :mrgreen:

https://grandpx.news/imola-wants-to-rep ... hinese-gp/
I was about to post it! :o

Oh my God...please go ahead FIA - Liberty Media...Imola then Zandvoort...that would be epic!! :oops:

1 month without action is too much! August is already awful for F1 fans...so that's a great idea since Imola itself has submitted to the FIA to be the replacement!

That is not how veto works :lol:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Racer X

Pyrone89 wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 02:37
AMG.Tzan wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 09:34
Apparently Imola has put in an application to replace the Chinese Grand Prix

=D> :mrgreen:

https://grandpx.news/imola-wants-to-rep ... hinese-gp/
I was about to post it! :o

1 month without action is too much! August is already awful for F1 fans...so that's a great idea since Imola itself has submitted to the FIA to be the replacement!

That is not how veto works :lol:
Research what a Veto is my friend....
I guess its up to the teams if they would prefer to have and extra week off or they dont mind planning everything right now to go to Italy which im sure they wont mind.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

Italian GP might be cancelled at this rate .
Japan GP is off.
So too Vietnam.
So too Simgapore.
Silverstone will be cancelled too.

Looks like races have to be shifted to the Middle East and the Americas. Expect to see grandtsand filed with face masks.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JonoNic

Is Kyalami up to standard for F1?
Always find the gap then use it.

aran.vtec

JonoNic wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 06:18
Is Kyalami up to standard for F1?
They are currently a grade 2,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... _FIA_Grade

wickedz50

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 05:32
Italian GP might be cancelled at this rate .
Japan GP is off.
So too Vietnam.
So too Simgapore.
Silverstone will be cancelled too.

Looks like races have to be shifted to the Middle East and the Americas. Expect to see grandtsand filed with face masks.
Why not call of entire 2020 season because of the risk associated with the virus? let teams focus on new 2021 car.