Formula 1 Virtual championship 2020

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Formula 1 Virtual championship 2020

Corona, Corona.

With the advent of the Covoid-19 pandemic The whole world and the world of sport will be locked down eventually so how can we still keep the Formula 1 championship alive?

I say we do it virtually.

A big simulator sport with real drivers but virtual cars. The simulators from each team (sorry Sauber you need to get that simulator done! ) are connected to a video-game shell which is then up-linked to a live feed. The simulators also take feedback from the videogame shell to display other cars on track and the associated aero effects at play.

For pitstops they are also done with pitstop rigs. Pit stop rigs with a rolling chassis and real mechanics. This information is also up-linked to the video-game shell so fumbles and trips and all the little errors we will be able to see. (mo-cap suits might be good here).

I can see so many benefits from this Idea outside of health and safety.. Inter Sim development, driver development, broadcast technology to name a few.. Thoughts?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

JonoNic

Re: Formula 1 Virtual championship 2020

Is there a possibility of virtual cheating? How would upgrades be regulated or bonsai overtaking moves? If we have access to all telemetry (PU, aero, tyre life, etc.) then I'll watch.
Always find the gap then use it.

DChemTech

I'm not sure how feasible it is to connect the real simulators of the teams into a single setting. But I'd also watch them playing a realistic simulation game with proper graphics and rules. Not for a full season, but definitely for some races.

Big Tea

I had the program, but lost it to a virus.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Looks like this is really happening! but with video games instead. Boo!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

MtthsMlw

Is this worth of an actual race thread?
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... MeiOi.html