So what will F1 teams do this year?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mmred
mmred

Re: So what will F1 teams do this year?

strad wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 02:55
Need to stick to the independents not IPCC puppets.
Likes forbes

mmred
mmred

Rodak wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 03:08
Well, discussions about F1 are going to get pretty boring with nothing happening. Let's face the hard reality; there will not be a 2020 F1 season. There will be no races. Some teams, like Williams, may fold as there will be no income from Liberty. Silverstone will not happen. The Dutch GP will not happen. There will be no races this season. In Italy, yesterday, 368 persons died from the virus. The doubling time for infection is on the order of five days. There will not be an Italian GP. I have been a fan for many years and wish we could race, but we won't. This is serious stuff that will affect all of us and entertainment, in the form of racing, is inconsequential.
I was trying to say This Two weeks before the race but they deleted my posts as non F1. Fact Is there wont be F1 i said

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

AJI wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 02:30
izzy wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 00:40
there's no need for any F1 fan to feel threatened by Generation Greta, she's never said a thing against F1, motorsport or technology. There can be less pollution but still motorsport. Liberty do see things in a more modern way, like getting rid of grid girls, and hopefully they're going to keep thinking freshly now about how to have F1 this year even with the covid-19 epidemic. And if they have races with no crowd, that is a lot less CO2 after all
She's never said a thing about F1 because F1 is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Seriously though, if you think her opinion on any form of motorsport is anything but negative you are dreaming...
COVID-19 has worked out quite well for Greta. We must be using less fossil fuels now.
If she genuinely believes and feels for what she is saying, then yeah, this pandemic is great for her cause. I doubt she would ever be allowed to openly say that though. Anyway, I have no problem with her, she talks about important things. It's her followers that bother me more, they act like she is some messiah, just for parroting the same things that have been known for 30+ years.

To get back on topic though, F1 teams are probably firstly going to limit the spread of COVID-19 around their staff. Then work on ironing out any kinks in the current car's development, and maybe focussing a little harder on 2021's technology.

strad

likes forbes
No but I have read a number of books and many articles from both sides of the discussion of AGW and climate change.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

AJI
AJI

Article on the economic impact of covid-19 on motorsport.
https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2020 ... ripple-it/

izzy
izzy

Wow it's quite eye-opening how in-group out-group Greta is for some F1 fans! I can't help being reminded about coal rollers and ev's :wtf:

Tho it does show what Liberty are up against doesn't it. They have to keep F1 relevant and it's a new generation. And they are trying, tbf, going carbon neutral, but they must be scared now that with no racing some people will cancel their subscriptions and not come back

Imo they HAVE to make some races happen without crowds, somewhere, one way or another. They can't just wait and see

izzy
izzy

AJI wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 06:55
Article on the economic impact of covid-19 on motorsport.
https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2020 ... ripple-it/
That's a good article thanks. I hadn't thought about all the freelancers

AJI
AJI

izzy wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 10:01
... they must be scared now that with no racing some people will cancel their subscriptions and not come back..
^This.
Subscriptions have been cancelled and you'd have to assume they're never coming back.
Best case scenario, we get 8 races this year...

mmred
mmred

AJI wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 10:46
izzy wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 10:01
... they must be scared now that with no racing some people will cancel their subscriptions and not come back..
^This.
Subscriptions have been cancelled and you'd have to assume they're never coming back.
Best case scenario, we get 8 races this year...
I don't wanna work for an insurance Company now

Jolle
Jolle

I work in the entertainment industry as a live sound engineer, my income has been reduced to zero over the coming weeks possibly months. For a lot of freelancers this will also be the case. This "freeze" is devastating.

mmred
mmred

Jolle wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 11:29
I work in the entertainment industry as a live sound engineer, my income has been reduced to zero over the coming weeks possibly months. For a lot of freelancers this will also be the case. This "freeze" is devastating.
Sad for you. Have Faith. When the virus Will be defeated we Will have fun for months

Jolle
Jolle

mmred wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 12:20
Jolle wrote:
Sad for you. Have Faith. When the virus Will be defeated we Will have fun for months
I doubt that. Suddenly all big events, motorsport or music just became high risk investments. If promotors and organisers don’t go bust, they have a lot more problems getting all the garanties to organise such happenings. This might be worse then the 2008 bank crash.

AJI
AJI

Jolle wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 12:50
mmred wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 12:20
Jolle wrote:
I doubt that. Suddenly all big events, motorsport or music just became high risk investments. If promotors and organisers don’t go bust, they have a lot more problems getting all the garanties to organise such happenings. This might be worse then the 2008 bank crash.
There's definitely a September 11 feel to this. The world will never be the same again, but perhaps it's not all for the worst..?

nzjrs

strad wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 23:07
Now that you say, I know who she is. I think most on here know where I stand on the whole Global Warming/ Climate Change discussion.
Actually strad old pal old chap, you never actually explained your position when I politely asked (several times). viewtopic.php?p=882800#p882800

And for what it's worth, I think Greta is as knowledgeable and useful on/for GW/CC as you are.

(sorry for off topic)

AJI
AJI

nzjrs wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 13:33
Actually strad old pal old chap, you never actually explained your position when I politely asked (several times).
And for what it's worth, I think Greta is as knowledgeable and useful on/for GW/CC as you are.
So, are you saying that strad is equally as knowledgeable (and equally as unknowledgeable) as Greta on the subject? You understand my confusion with this logical fallacy, yeah?