Why Verstappen will NOT win in 2020

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
diffuser

Re: Why Verstappen will NOT win in 2020

Sieper wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 16:38
Don’t worry. When Max does not make it by a hair everybody will also forget that.

At this point it does look like it will be a walk in the park for Lewis. Maybe Valterri can challenge but I don’t think so. Bottas almost binned the car in Q3. Could have been a pitlane start just as well whilst Hamilton is almost always fail free (when it comes to car control).
Did you watch the first race ?

Sieper

diffuser wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 18:25
Sieper wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 16:38
Don’t worry. When Max does not make it by a hair everybody will also forget that.

At this point it does look like it will be a walk in the park for Lewis. Maybe Valterri can challenge but I don’t think so. Bottas almost binned the car in Q3. Could have been a pitlane start just as well whilst Hamilton is almost always fail free (when it comes to car control).
Did you watch the first race ?
Race? Was there a race? I thought The season was cancelled.

Sieper

dans79 wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 16:38
Sieper wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 11:15
Seems unlikely. This topic cannot be rated. Berate we can you not! I always have a little chuckle when I see the topic name. It is both an attempt at bashing as well as a big honour.
Are you expecting everyone to just get along? If so, I'm sorry to say the world doesn't work that way. People are always going to disagree on some things, and in some cases vehemently so (politics for example).
Well, You are right in that I do always want&like that very much. Disagreeing is fine, in fact, that is likely the grown up thing to do in most cases as I don’t think a lot of people will admitted other was right. But at a minimum we can be sort of civil, why not. Doesn’t cost that much effort if all would be of that mindset.

Sieper

This thread should be relabeled, can Verstappen Keep a Merc behind him in any race this year.

Wouter

Where are all the positive messages about Max his drive? There were here several posts since yesterday evening.
Are the moved to another topic?
The Power of Dreams!

bosyber

Well, given it's not so much about Verstappen's driving which means he will be unlikely to win the WDC this year but rather the car, it's sort of OT how well he did, again - that's a given, but it's not enough on its own.

Sieper

Those posts have been moved to the race thread. I see them there and you can also still recognize them by the Titel. Still refers to this topic.

NathanOlder

I think the thread should be closed to be honest. The answer to the title is simply

The Max/RedBull combo is not fast enough.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

I think this thread should not have been opened in the first place. Why driver X will NOT. (In capitals even) achieve something. It seems disingenuous.
Even when driver X is beating a Merc the season seems done and dusted.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 11:19
Those posts have been moved to the race thread. I see them there and you can also still recognize them by the Titel. Still refers to this topic.
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Sieper wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 11:31
I think this thread should not have been opened in the first place. Why driver X will NOT. (In capitals even) achieve something. It seems disingenuous.
Even when driver X is beating a Merc the season seems done and dusted.
The thread was to argue that even with competitive cars winning a WDC is not only driver talent but other factors. It was those finer factors that would be revealed over the season and to be discussed.... But it looks like after all the hype from Helmut and Christian, that for the opening races the RedBull is not close enough in performance, even for the best drivers, to mount a challenge. It is yet to be seen if they can turn it around. Max can still win in theory.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sieper

Thanks PZ for coming back and explaining the thought process.

Maybe they can still come back (although in this short season it seems already too late as it is). They made 2 big changes to the aero (thin nose & cape as per Mercedes) and high rear suspension as per McLaren. That combined with their usual time needed to dial in the high rake might mean (but I admit it is wishful thinking) that if the Honda is indeed on par(ish) they might still fight for wins.

Actually, when you see last year's qualy lap we see exactly what it means if all works well. But this year the Merc engine (even Williams on P3 in Q1 in the second run) the fantastic chassis and of course Hamilton at the wheel seems insurmountable. From that point of view it might be time to close this one. But as you say, you never know.

El Scorchio

I would imagine this thread was started as a response to one specific person.

Agree it’s a bit redundant now.

PlatinumZealot

El Scorchio wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 14:58

Nah... For years now I have been doing the odd analysis thread. The response is to let people know that detailed analysts do not consider this year one that the WDC will be directly contended.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

El Scorchio

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 16:19
El Scorchio wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 14:58

Nah... For years now I have been doing the odd analysis thread. The response is to let people know that detailed analysts do not consider this year one that the WDC will be directly contended.
Fair play.
And to be fair barring some freak results or a huge swerve, He will indeed not be champion. Not for a lack of talent though.