On this day 5 years ago: The tragedy of Fernando Alonso's radio outburst in Honda's home race at Suzuka Circuit

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: On this day 5 years ago: The tragedy of Fernando Alonso's radio outburst in Honda's home race at Suzuka Circuit

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 11:27
Andres125sx wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 09:00
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 14:41

So the only thing you have proof of is Alonso's tyres in one race were the wrong pressure. Teams make tyre pressure errors often. It happens. Dennis did indeed say we are racing Alonso, but Alonso still had a car the same as Lewis is all im saying.
The way some want us to believe is that Fernando had 1 arm tied behiind his back when this simply wasnt true.
His team made a noob mistake in one of the key GPs when the title was in play wich coincidentally made Alonso car some tenths slower, but you keep ignoring this blatant fact?
The same team that absolutely screwed up, let's say a noob mistake in China with Lewis strategy.

I guess they wanted Lewis to lose too? or teams just make mistakes.

I'll stick with what was in front of me. A team making errors on both sides of the garage, A very paranoid Spanish chap that couldn't believe or accept a rookie was getting the better of him, and FIA personnel that were placed in the garage and found nothing wrong.
So you keep ignoring the facts you don´t like, and even compare a mistake in strategy during the heat of the race with a mistake inflating tires before the race, something not even an amateur like myself do ever??? :shock: #-o

NathanOlder

Re: On this day 5 years ago: The tragedy of Fernando Alonso's radio outburst in Honda's home race at Suzuka Circuit

Andres125sx wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:11
NathanOlder wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 11:27
Andres125sx wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 09:00

His team made a noob mistake in one of the key GPs when the title was in play wich coincidentally made Alonso car some tenths slower, but you keep ignoring this blatant fact?
The same team that absolutely screwed up, let's say a noob mistake in China with Lewis strategy.

I guess they wanted Lewis to lose too? or teams just make mistakes.

I'll stick with what was in front of me. A team making errors on both sides of the garage, A very paranoid Spanish chap that couldn't believe or accept a rookie was getting the better of him, and FIA personnel that were placed in the garage and found nothing wrong.
So you keep ignoring the facts you don´t like, and even compare a mistake in strategy during the heat of the race with a mistake inflating tires before the race, something not even an amateur like myself do ever??? :shock: #-o
Teams have used the wrong tyre pressures before. Or do you think Mclaren in 1 un named race were the only team to EVER make that mistake?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

You´re free to believe in coincidences. I don´t, specially on key moments

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:34
In that case you must fully 100% believe that Mclaren sabotaged Lewis car in Brazil 07?

It can't get much more key moment than that. Correct?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 11:05
Andres125sx wrote:
In that case you must fully 100% believe that Mclaren sabotaged Lewis car in Brazil 07?

Coincidence does not mean failure or mistake. Coincidence is a team boss (who paid one of his drivers career) saying they fight the other driver of his own team, and then that driver get wrong tire pressures. That´s what raise my eyebrows :wink:

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 22:08
NathanOlder wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Coincidence does not mean failure or mistake. Coincidence is a team boss (who paid one of his drivers career) saying they fight the other driver of his own team, and then that driver get wrong tire pressures. That´s what raise my eyebrows :wink:
I can see your reasoning, but theres nothing to really back up the claim that they did it on purpose.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 17:28
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 22:08
NathanOlder wrote:

I can see your reasoning, but theres nothing to really back up the claim that they did it on purpose.
Off course, this is F1, all contracts include serious confidentiality clauses. But Dennis paying Hamilton career is a fact, Dennis saying they fight Alonso is a fact, Alonso moving to a poor midfielder when he could have stayed in best team is a fact, Hamilton beating current champion and becoming first british champion for McLaren in decades and all this in his rookie year would have been a marketing bomb, that´s a fact too and we all know marketing (money) is crucial in F1...

As I said, I don´t believe in coincidences, and these are screaming there was something very dirty in McLaren in 2007

Anycase this was enough, even for the off-season :mrgreen:

coaster

FA was not directly involved, but things got hectic at Mclaren at that period in time.

Claimed some big scalps, a big headache for all involved, and sadly, led to the suicide of key ferrari engineer.

Bsowles

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 12:13
Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 08:53
Sure Jolle, sure
Thats an agreement then ?
Sure, Jolle, sure

coaster

This motor has now matched Mercedes and is about to be sold to redbull, what luck!
I do believe renault may endure a radio outburst soon🤣

McG

coaster wrote:
03 May 2021, 00:15
This motor has now matched Mercedes and is about to be sold to redbull, what luck!
I do believe renault may endure a radio outburst soon🤣
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I see this topic still brings out delusions.
F1 is dead.

PlatinumZealot

What have we here? Another 2007 thread?

This should be fun :twisted:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

godlameroso

Not a single one of us is free from delusion, that is how we interact with the world. I laugh when I hear others talk about delusions as if they're somehow immune to it. None of us interact with actual reality directly, the picture of your conscious stream isn't actual reality. It is a map put together by your brain, which is somewhat related to actual reality. If your delusions allow you to act on reality in a meaningful way, then what's the problem? The scientific method does not proclaim truth, the scientific method understands that we are prone to bias, thus you must test your delusions, ideas, hypothesis, to see if they correspond with reality. Even then we are limited to understanding reality through our instruments, our instruments are part of our delusions, our instruments act as a gauge on reality.

People often miss their own critical biases. People here naturally want to root for their own team, so their delusions are biased, as are mine. At the end of the day, the results speak for themselves, the Red Bull has been competitive with Mercedes on every single type of track, you can't do that if the power unit isn't up to snuff. Ferrari has a great chassis, but their power unit keeps them from fighting with Red Bull and Mercedes. Again, real results measured on track back up my delusion, it's hard to argue against that.
Saishū kōnā

NL_Fer

Would be fun if a Honda driver lapped Fernando and said Gp2 Gp2 engine...

Jolle

NL_Fer wrote:
28 May 2021, 19:55
Would be fun if a Honda driver lapped Fernando and said Gp2 Gp2 engine...
Well.. he wouldn’t be far off… both are made by Mecachrome (sort of) 😂