Your first-ever Formula One grand prix to watch on Television was?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

Re: Your first-ever Formula One grand prix to watch on Television was?

theriusDR3 wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 07:27
How about yours?
1995 Adelaide Grand Prix :)

Gary

Oh I remember it well. 14 May 1961. BBC Grandstand covered the Monaco Grand Prix in dribs and drabs. By then, I already had my (only ever) sporting hero, Sir Stirling, and what I saw - in dribs and drabs - was perhaps his finest performance.

The coverage was fuzzy and my frustration was at boiling point whenever they crossed back to shot putting at the Crystal Palace Stadium (or wherever) but in effect, Stirling in that old busted up out of date Lotus cemented an addiction that lasts to this day.

Andres125sx

Imola 94.

Well, probably that was not my first, but its first I remember because of obvious reasons :(

El Scorchio

No idea. All I know is Senna was driving the black Lotus.

PlatinumZealot

Must have been sometime in the late 1990's but I never watched a whole race until closer to the time of Alonso, Kimi and Montoya (I got seriously interested in F1 after playing the Gran Turismo 3 video game) and I am BMW fan.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

koenigzig

Some race in 1998, remember the Schumacher-Coulthard crash at spa but not sure if that was my first race. Havent missed a race since, lucky to have witnessed Schumacher's Ferrari era
PM me if you're interested in joining an F1 2021 or Assetta Corsa Competizione league on Xbox

tallen

Had to be 1977 or so, my Dad was watching it on Wide World of Sports. I remember the helicopter shots of the cars shooting through the forest so maybe the original layout at Hockenhiem?

Sieper

I watched every race Jos Verstappen participated in (the first years) live. With my uncle and aunt who were, and are still, also passionate racing fans. Those were my first races. Magic! Before that I just watched “studio sport” like 4 minute items (just a guesstimate).

ispano6

I distinctly remember Nigel Mansell's tire blowing out in 1986 Australian GP, and his win against Piquet at the 1987 British GP and the footage of Mansell's crash at Suzuka where he broke his back. He made me a fan of F1 for sure.

MattWellsyWells

The first full race I watched live was Brazil 2003 - safe to say I've been hooked ever since!