F1 headsets

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

F1 headsets

I was wondering if anyone (headphone enthusiasts?) knows the make and model of the headset (or headphones) that are so common on the F1 pit wall and F1 pit crews? :D For such an iconic and timeless piece of industrial design, the headsets don't seem to be discussed much! :wtf:

I take it they are some kind of 3M Peltor headset (or copies thereof?), so it's so surprising to see a lack of 3M Peltor branding or sponsorship anywhere on any of the teams. Or is the Peltor even the "original" at all, if not which was the original noise isolating headset (+ wireless transmitter) which introduced the iconic double wire frame design? :)

Ferrari seem to use a somewhat less cumbersome model, without the double spiral cords but instead a simple single-sided cord:

Jolle

Re: F1 headsets

They use (custom) Riedel system headphones
https://www.riedel.net/products-solutions/

Tim.Wright

Re: F1 headsets

From what I've heard, Beyerdynamic are another brand used, albeit customised versions thereof.
Not the engineer at Force India