Silly season 2021-2022-2023

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
aMessageToCharlie

Re: Silly season 2021-2022-2023

ringo wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 19:46
I think there needs to be evidence showing Bottas actually underperforming, and there is none.
His 2020 season is pretty much a solid performance.

Bottas has results only because he's found himself in the most dominant f1 cars of all time and every once in a while manages to put a good qualy lap together.

ringo

A spinning video?
:lol:

Um how about some results?
and places gained/places lost kinda stats. Fastest laps, podiums, you know axtual evidence?
Even compared to Russel. Oh whats that russel has no results after 2 years?
For Sure!!

Manoah2u

ringo wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 19:46
I think there needs to be evidence showing Bottas actually underperforming, and there is none.
His 2020 season is pretty much a solid performance

Again, gutfeelings do not make decisions. Bottas has results. Russel doesn't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: really dude

you think this 'bottas doesnt cut it' just comes flying out of thin air :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

ringo wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 23:27
A spinning video?

and places gained/places lost kinda stats. Fastest laps, podiums, you know axtual evidence?
where's your evidence, honestly.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ringo

Manoah2u wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 23:38
ringo wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 23:27
A spinning video?

where's your evidence, honestly.
Bottas

Entries 157 (156 starts)
Championships 0
Wins 9
Podiums 56
Career points 1512
Pole positions 16
Fastest laps 15

Max
Entries 119 (119 starts)
Championships 0
Wins 10
Podiums 42
Career points 1162
Pole positions 3
Fastest laps 10

6 wins in the last two years, and coming second in the championship.... I'm not sure what's so bad about a driver with a record like this. :?

Even when compared to the gifted Max Verstappen, Bottas is a heavy weight. Despite the circumstances, you just don't discard a driver like bottas for an unknown.
For Sure!!

dans79

Russell has had one good outing on what was probably the easiest track layout to drive in the last 2 decades, and people think he's magically ready for the front of the grid.

Here's a dose of reality that many seemed to have missed.

Note Wolfe Directly referenced a costly error Russell made last season, and it wasn't his only one either.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolf ... -mistakes/
“Winning Formula 1 championships is about making the least amount of mistakes. And that only comes with routine and experience,”

“Mercedes expects these kind of sustainable performance levels. And that’s why you need to give young drivers time.

“Because as exuberant as they may be perceived after the performance that we’ve seen [at the Sakhir GP] from George, at the same time, young drivers will be criticised, and criticised quickly, when they make mistakes in such a high pressure environment like a top team.

That’s why making experiences like in Imola, and the learnings from that, are very important to form a driver that can perform at a sustainable high level.
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan

I guess we now know the deadline for the Mercedes / Hamilton talks. Mercedes are unveiling the car on 2nd March and will no doubt want both drivers in on the act.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jambier

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 11:02
I guess we now know the deadline for the Mercedes / Hamilton talks. Mercedes are unveiling the car on 2nd March and will no doubt want both drivers in on the act.
Rumors say that HAM agreed to two years + veto on second driver choice.

Meaning, BOT will stay until 2022 at least, HAM do no want to have a "VET-LEC" situation, so unfortunately RUS will not drive along HAM.
Maybe RUS will drive the Mercedes in 2023 if: Hamilton quits, meaning Mercedes not dominating anymore

NathanOlder

Jambier wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 11:29
Just_a_fan wrote:

Meaning, BOT will stay until 2022 at least, HAM do no want to have a "VET-LEC" situation, so unfortunately RUS will not drive along HAM.
Maybe RUS will drive the Mercedes in 2023 if: Hamilton quits, meaning Mercedes not dominating anymore
I would be very surprised if Lewis has asked for that. More often than not he has said he doesn't care who his team mate is, only that they get equal treatment. So I would be very surprised if that was the case. On the othe hand, maybe it is the case and he wants Bottas out and wants a more competetive driver next to him, people just asume he wants to keep Bottas.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

basti313

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 12:00
Jambier wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I would be very surprised if Lewis has asked for that. More often than not he has said he doesn't care who his team mate is, only that they get equal treatment. So I would be very surprised if that was the case. On the othe hand, maybe it is the case and he wants Bottas out and wants a more competetive driver next to him, people just asume he wants to keep Bottas.
You mean the one that suffered and lost in the last team battle wants to suffer and maybe loose again? Sorry, I am always looking for things that might drive people and for Lewis I can not see anything that might drive him into a team battle. He has an error prone background with team battles and without battles he started to shine.
Don`t russel the hamster!

NathanOlder

basti313 wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 14:06
NathanOlder wrote:
Jambier wrote:

You mean the one that suffered and lost in the last team battle wants to suffer and maybe loose again? Sorry, I am always looking for things that might drive people and for Lewis I can not see anything that might drive him into a team battle. He has an error prone background with team battles and without battles he started to shine.
He also always seems to learn and progress as a driver when faced with a difficult challenge. Maybe he has nothing to learn from Bottas. So he would see a change welcome. Anyway, I dont belive he will want to choose his team mate. He has always spoke the opposite and never fled after being beaten.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

basti313

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 15:16
basti313 wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 14:06
NathanOlder wrote:

He also always seems to learn and progress as a driver when faced with a difficult challenge. Maybe he has nothing to learn from Bottas. So he would see a change welcome. Anyway, I dont belive he will want to choose his team mate. He has always spoke the opposite and never fled after being beaten.
Well, it is a rule that a F1 driver needs to feel comfortable in the team. Otherwise he makes faults. We have seen this for nearly all senior drivers on the grid. We have seen this with Alonso at McLaren, Perez at McLaren, Vettel at Ferrari etc...you could even add Lewis in his first year, although he was a rookie I feel that neither of the driver really felt comfortable in the fight.
As Lewis now compromises on the contract, I do not see any reason, why he should not bring in his demands. The worst thing that might happen is RedBull with no engine and, thus Ves in the seat next to Lewis in 2022 with Ves having a long term contract and Lewis on the last year...I see no reason, I even see it as stupid if he would not try to prevent such a scenario.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Just_a_fan

Jambier wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Rumours? Are those rumours from within the team or rumours from social media posts with no evidence?

There are rumours that I have a 12 inch doo-dah but... :lol:

nzjrs

Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:36
Do you have a strict veto on your teammates, Vettel style, or are you more open to new challenges (aka Hamilton)?

Just_a_fan

nzjrs wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:47
Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:36
Do you have a strict veto on your teammates, Vettel style, or are you more open to new challenges (aka Hamilton)?
I have a very strict mate veto. Female only. :lol: