Vettel's Mercedes Car

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Vettel's Mercedes Car

I stopped to think about it. In 2021 Vettel will essentially be driving a car that handles like a Mercedes. Mercedes copied aerodynamics and Mercedes suspension. The chassis too will be modified with tokens to be more similar to the Mercedes chassis.

Vettel is known to be hyper-detailed and hard working. It will be great to see how he guides the development of the cars handling through the season.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stu

Re: Vettel's Mercedes Car

This has crossed my mind too, should be interesting. It will also be interesting to see how Team Stroll progress on Seb’s coat tails.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Vettel's best days are behind him, by a few seasons. He'll be an also-ran for a while and then retire.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 18:34
I stopped to think about it. In 2021 Vettel will essentially be driving a car that handles like a Mercedes. Mercedes copied aerodynamics and Mercedes suspension. The chassis too will be modified with tokens to be more similar to the Mercedes chassis.

Vettel is known to be hyper-detailed and hard working. It will be great to see how he guides the development of the cars handling through the season.
what the hell is the use of this topic
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 00:11
PlatinumZealot wrote:

what the hell is the use of this topic
It'll allow yet another Vettel vs Hamilton argument 🤦🏻‍♂️
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

flynfrog

surly you can find any of the other hamilton threads to post this in

dans79

Or some people could maybe just read was written, and stop reading into everything.

No one mentioned Hamilton, till someone felt the need to complain about what the thread might be!
197 104 103 7

JordanMugen

PlatinumZealot wrote:
All very well, I still expect Stroll to match and/or beat Vettel, and Vettel to be embarrassed and flustered about that! :wink:

Why was Vettel so much slower than Ricciardo, it's not like the 2014 Red Bull had an unstable rear! :shock:

dans79

JordanMugen wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 03:56
Why was Vettel so much slower than Ricciardo, it's not like the 2014 Red Bull had an unstable rear! :shock:
Simple answer, he went form a dominant car in 2013 (13 wins, 9 consecutive), to a distant second best car in 2014.

Horner even said (in the 2014 bbc season recap i believe) that Vettel's mind was elsewhere part way through the season. My assumption would be because he saw the writing on the wall, and was trying to get the best outcome for himself.
197 104 103 7

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

This is a first for me! A race car that reacts well to phone calls.

NathanOlder

dans79 wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 03:44
Or some people could maybe just read was written, and stop reading into everything.

No one mentioned Hamilton, till someone felt the need to complain about what the thread might be!
Yeah, the people saying they don't want another thread that talks about Hamilton, are more often than not the first people to mention Hamilton and put the wheels in motion.

Deep down they obviously want to talk about Hamilton.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

I’ll just give it another go, as my last comment didn’t fair too well.
Can anyone tell me whether or not Sebastian is aware he’s trying to race a hobbled car?

El Scorchio

I’m mainly fascinated by the Stroll vs Vettel battle. It’ll be one of the most interesting on the grid. Can Jr hang with, or even beat the most expensive driving instructor in the world?

I expect Vettel will prevail but it may be uncomfortably close.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Whilst I have the time, here’s another question. Are any of the Stroll crew even aware that engine modes have been replaced by sine-digi’ modes? There’re ever such good things you know! They can either drag in a lot or a little regen’ or turn low down torque into high speed progress. Just like magic!