damn so disappointed

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

damn so disappointed

guys you can't imagine how disappointed I am, having to face most likely yet another championship for Michael Schumacher. I really put all my hopes on Montoya, but apparently it wasn't meant to be :cry:

Really can't say how bad I feel, I am convinced that with a little more luck for Montoya's part, and without so much rain, or more rain later in the event, he would have managed it. I have so much the feeling that Schumacher was just helped by the rain today, and not just a little :(

I think today I lost all interest in Suzuka 2003... it's unlikely that that Ferrari won't make it in the top8, with also Raikkonen winning the race... well you never know, it's my last hope :cry:

What I dont understand is why Montoya made that stupid move on Barichello ? I think Montoya has himself to blame today.

Dont worry be happy :D

Last but not least: I think the new layout looks really good and keep up the good work.

Forza Ferrari

/ Anonymous

GO FERRARI! :lol: "It aint over 'till its over!" so BMW may win the WCC!

Monstrobolaxa

MONTOYA LOST THE CHAMP :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NickT

The realality is Micheal and Kimi have bigger brains than Montoya's. Monty may have the balls, but it takes more than that to keep your calm while everyone around is loosing theirs. These we amongst the coolest guys on the track, the guys who came first and second.

The other thing about Montoya that realy bugs me personally, is that he seems give up when things don't go well! Micheal or Kimi and one or two others, including Ralf in Hungry, never give up no matter how hard the task ahead looks.

He's a great tallent, but World Champion? I don't know yet.
NickT

Steven
Owner

oh my!...

those stupid american stewards gave Montoya a drive through penalty because of that little incident with Barrichello. For once I had taped the race and looked at this like 10 times, but it still looks to me that Barrichello didn't leave enough room. Both were side by side, and a little more room wouldn't have hurt Barr, since he would have been on the inside in the coming two corners.

The drive-through penalty ruined Monty's race, one 30 seconds for that, and again 30 for having to wait one lap to switch to rain tyres. Didn't know this in the race.. it's a real shame

I think it's time for a real championship without all the influence of the FIA, and with no advantagious position for Ferrari!!

OK, imagine this:

At suzuka, montoya qualifies on pole, followed by barichello in 2nd and raikkonen in 3rd. At the start, barichello overtakes montoya by turn one, and as customary, a fired-up montoya tries a ballsy manouver on barichello that doesn't quite work, destroying his front wing and warranting a trip to the pits. Barichello likewise loses his right rear tires in the scrap.

Michael sucks bigtime at suzuka, and for whatever reason (gearbox failure, valvetrain problems) he's stuck down at 9th followed by montoya who's 10th after his nose job. Raikkonen, benefiting from the montoya/barichello mutual elimination, is in 1st and is about to lap Michael. Michael, sensing his WDC crown slipping away, pulls a schumacher and crashes into Raikkonen, eliminating Kimi but miraculously surviving (a la Adelaide '94).

By now, Montoya's up into 9th, chasing a desperately-trying-to-hold-on Mark Webber 8th. Schumacher is then investigated by the stewards for crashing into Raikkonen, and given a 10sec stop-go penalty.

End of the race, Michael finishes a non-issue 13th, montoya is 8th after passing webber. So Michael earns the crown. But NO!!! Ron Dennis submits the matter to the World Motorsports Council, who then strips Schumacher of his 2003 points as per 1997. So Raikkonen is the champion then? No, Montoya has equal points but more race wins! Montoya is the 2003 WDC!!!

:)

PS: if this really happens I'll stop watching F1 and start watching pro wrestling.

arisen

Tomba wrote:For once I had taped the race and looked at this like 10 times, but it still looks to me that Barrichello didn't leave enough room. Both were side by side, and a little more room wouldn't have hurt Barr, since he would have been on the inside in the coming two corners.
I'm not sure if you had the chance to see the onboard lap, but to me it surely looks like Barichello was a man on a mission. :evil:

Any way check it out here. (download it quick tho, being a free host I'm not sure how long it will last).

NickT

I am sorry to aggravate you Monty boys again, but judging from the onboard video posted by arisen, Monty was nowhere near passed at any stage. Rubino was pushed unnecessarily and the stewards were right to penalise him for an avoidable accident.

After all the next two corners were right handers, just where was he going to go?! No once again Monty's balls ruled the day, when/if he learns to temper them with his brain he will then be a truly great force to be reckoned with.

Until then ..........
NickT

Steven
Owner

oh not at all, both cars were side by side, so both of them should actually give room (although not much) to the other
the fact that both next corners were right handers was in fact, as I said, a reason to give a little more space for Barr.

In fact, he immidiately started defending himself in the press when asked about the incident, as like he was convinced he did something wrong. And he did!!

Tomba: Montoya could have made a pitstop and changed his tires and then have comed in for the penalty.

Then the misstake to stay was Montoya´s own or his teams.

Isnt that true or am I wrong ?

akbar21881

Hehe...I'm not dissapointed at all. Ooopss..a bit dissapointed coz it could have been Ferrari 1-2

NickT

Sorry Tomba, the corner was lost and he was just trying too hard. I suggest we agree to disagree on this one.

I would like to ask something else: If it had been Michael in the Ferrari would Monty have tried the same move? One, because Michael is a tougher prospect, and two, because Monty wouldn't have been panicing about him getting away!

What do you think????.........................
NickT

Monstrobolaxa

MONTOYA LOST THE CHAMPIONSHIP :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

powerful_paji

Kimi can still do it!