Get Villeneuve a job plz!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Get Villeneuve a job plz!!

God damned that stupid ass Richards sacked Jacques Villeneuve. Well at least not renewing his contract, but the result remains the same :(

Now wa have a season where Schumi is probably again WC (who I really do NOT like) , and like that was not enough, my favourite driver is now likely to not drive next year.

So...anyone, like Jag, get Villeneuve a job!! And give him a car maybe that performs a little better than the R04 :idea:

akbar21881

I agree with you.Now we have even less great driver on the circuit. given the right car,I think villneuve is more than capable of dicing wheel to wheel with Michael.Combined with agression of Montoya,we can probably see one of the most exciting season of all time...

joseff

I'm a very big fan of Gilles, and sooner or later (unfair) comparisons will inevitably be made...

Gilles and Jacques both drive with more balls than brains, except that Gilles somehow gives his everything 100% of the time. Turbo car at Monaco? No problem. Slow car? Well, just hold up 1/2 the field (Jarama). Blown rear tire? Three-wheel into the pits and insist on a new one (despite having wrecked his entire undertray). Jacques doesn't seem to have that fighting spirit.

Anyone can look good in a Williams or McLaren (just ask David Coulthard), but when you have a substandard car, it takes more than just talent to drive. You just have to will yourself to fight for the race. This kind of discipline is what makes great drivers great. Ayrton Senna, Tazio Nuvolari, Gilles Villeneuve, Jackie Stewart, Michael Schumacher. All have won with ill-handling, down-on-power or just plain bad cars.

Jacques Villeneuve, however, belongs to the Alain Prost Champions Club. Really good drivers, but lacking just a little discipline when they things don't work out the way they want them to work out. Too bad.