18th race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mclaren11

18th race

Some questions have been raised recently as to with race will be the 18th race. Will it be Canada, France, Brazil, Spa or one of the new races? Most of these races are having financial difficulty, so why not have a race that is not in financial difficulty like Monaco be classified as the 18th race. they would have no problem forking over the extra money to host the race. then the races like Canada, France, Brazil, and Spa would be able to hold their races and there would still be 18 races.

Monstrobolaxa

There is an article in the organization regs that state that no country may organize 2 gp in the same year.....In Italys case the have the Italian GP and San Marino GP...in spite the fact that both are in Italy the name of the GP is diferente. Probably a country can hold 2 gps in the same year if the GP is organized with the name of another country...and the track cannot be the same.....another example.... the Luxemburg GP (Nurburgring) and the German GP (Hock.)....1997 Sapnish GP (Barcelona) and European GP (Jerez).....

Mclaren11

Maybe you dontunderstand what I am saying or I dont understand what you are saying. My Question is "Is there any way to hold all (18) of the races that are planned to be raced next season but to classify one of the GP's that is not having financial difficulty as the 18th race. this way they would pay the extra cost that comes with holding the extra race. not a race that is struggling for money."

Why would a race organizer pay for a competing race organziner that is in finacial difficulties ??

To me your question seems a bit silly actually.

/ Fx

As I understand and I am not an expert the teams are being compensated for what they believe is a 17 race season, an extra race will increase their cost and hence they want more compensation from FOM(Bernie).

/ Fx

Mclaren11

The races arent competitors. My reasoning behind this would be that the fia gains money with the 18th race. Because of this they would ask (or pressure really) another more financially secure race to pick up the tab.

Can you just explain why someone who is paying a lot of money to host race in one country would want to pay money so that someone else in another country can host a race ? Your proposal is rather illogical in my view. Im quite sure that you are not very fond of the idea of paying my next apartment rent.

Besides I dont think FIA gains any money if there held an 18th race. If someone gets any money it is FOM.

But any way I think you are missing the point. The race holders pay FOM an alot of money to host race, FOM then pays the team to travel to all the races. The teams thinks that their current deal with FOM only is valid for 17 races. So if you against all odds get someone wealthy to pay extra money so that someone without money can host a race then the teams still wont get more money as they will most likely get stuck in FOM.

The teams want to get compensated for traveling to an 18th race by FOM, but Bernie who is controlling FOM is reluctant to cough up the dough.

How do figure that the different racetracks around the world arent competitors ??? There are alot of racetracks in the world but only 17 maybe 18 places on the calendar next year. How do you not get that to be competition ?

/ Fx