Alonso pulls an "ALONSO"!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
siskue2005

oh he is at it again
This is PATHETIC :? :? :shock:
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 40,00.html

Every team he has been to, he whines and cries like a baby
really he is not a Worthy F1 Champion :x
The British GP isn't here yet and already Fernando Alonso is complaining that he will have to hand the victory to team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

Hamilton's rise to the top of Formula One has been credited with increased sales for Sunday's British GP and nothing would please the British public more than having a British winner at the Silverstone race.

However, according to Alonso, it may be McLaren's dream result as well as the team is a British outfit.

"I think that, yes, they will prefer that (Hamilton winning) and I don't think there will be any argument," he told The Sun.

"We will be in England and we have a Spanish driver and an English driver and the Englishman is leading the Championship.

"So if he wins, it will help the team more."

The Spaniard, though, is hoping that after the British GP is over, the team-mate battle at McLaren will return to a level playing field and that McLaren will be rooting for him to win races.

"The team wanted me to win in Barcelona and they will want Hamilton to win at Silverstone," he concluded. "I hope things will get back to being how they were in Barcelona."
reading the last Phrase...he means, everything should be back to what it was at Barcelona, "where the team favored Alonso"

That means, he wants his team to just concentrate on him!! :roll:

pRo

siskue2005 wrote:oh he is at it again
This is PATHETIC :? :? :shock:
You or Alonso? ;) j/k
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

dumrick

Must be a translation problem.
These are his statements:
Alonso wrote:Es de la misma manera que, cuando llegamos a la cita de Montmeló, el equipo intentó hacer lo posible para que fuera yo el que ganase la carrera. Salí con menos gasolina a calificar, pero no pudo ser, me toqué con Massa en la primera curva. Esperaban ayudarme y alegrarse de una victoria mía en España, igual que la semana que viene intentarán alegrarse con una victoria de Lewis. Ojalá pueda devolverle yo lo de Barcelona. Tarde o temprano sé que puedo recuperar el liderato.
:roll:

I'm sick and tired of the press twisting what is said to flame things. And of posters in this forum that only care to fuel that. I've refrained myself to comment about Ferrari's team orders at France, for instance. It's not worth to post with the sole intention of starting discussions.

pRo

dumrick wrote:Must be a translation problem.
Alonso wrote:Es de la misma manera que, cuando llegamos a la cita de Montmeló, el equipo intentó hacer lo posible para que fuera yo el que ganase la carrera. Salí con menos gasolina a calificar, pero no pudo ser, me toqué con Massa en la primera curva. Esperaban ayudarme y alegrarse de una victoria mía en España, igual que la semana que viene intentarán alegrarse con una victoria de Lewis. Ojalá pueda devolverle yo lo de Barcelona. Tarde o temprano sé que puedo recuperar el liderato.
Could you translate that properly for us who don't understand the language? Thanks. 8)

siskue2005

I'm sick and tired of the press twisting what is said to flame things. And of posters in this forum that only care to fuel that. I've refrained myself to comment about Ferrari's team orders at France, for instance. It's not worth to post with the sole intention of starting discussions.
well we dont know Spanish....so we believe what the press say :roll:

And what team orders are u talking about.....just like all other bashers.... u just link everything to Ferrari / MS / etc :?

dumrick

siskue2005 wrote:And what team orders are u talking about.....just like all other bashers.... u just link everything to Ferrari / MS / etc :?
Hey, kid, you come here and start accusing me of bashing? I suggest you look at my history of posts. Brats... :lol:

dumrick

pRo wrote:Could you translate that properly for us who don't understand the language? Thanks. 8)
Sorry, but I'm no pro at it (no pun intended), and I fear I could start another row about some precise meaning. Is something like "having a revenge" at Lewis for the Spanish GP where he was ahead of Fernando, but in a light, non-aggresive way.

Maybe someone whose mother tongue is spanish can help here (Ciro? :wink: )

vyselegend

Thank you Dumrick for trying to extinguish the fire, but I fear it's useless. Those topics accusing drivers of this or that are just too popular :cry:
It underlines how much the relative popularity (in terms of numbers of views & answears)of a topic have nothing to do with it's quality.

If you look at the forum, most of the zero-answear posts are quite interesting (new rules for WRC, news about an ex-F1 driver, characteristics of a racetrack, etc...) , and are probably just suffering from the fact that even an interested member doesn't always find something to say. (this is globaly what chekered answeared me when I asked why dev blog was left unansweared so frequently).
On the other side, any thread discussing about the drivers, their talents (or lack of), from personal and inconstructive points of views culminates with a large number of answears. (The fact I'm posting here and not in a zero-answear thread is a good exemple of the phenomena :P , isn't it?)

Sorry for the off topic post, I didn't intend to lack respect toward members who shared their points in this thread, I just have yet to learn how to express myself in a shorter and simpler way :roll:

Militia Est Vita

siskue2005 wrote:

well we dont know Spanish....so we believe what the press say :roll:

And what team orders are u talking about.....just like all other bashers.... u just link everything to Ferrari / MS / etc :?
It is in the same way when we got to the race at Montmelo, the team tried to make everything possible so It was me the one to win the race. I went out with less fuel, but It wasn't possible, I touched with Massa on the first turn. They (the team) expected to help me and rejoyce with a victory from me in Spain, the same as next week they will try to celebrate with a victory from Lewis. Hopefully I hope I can give him back Barcelona (taking away the victory from home town). Sooner or later, I know I can recover the (lead of the) championship.

This is as close is I could get fellas, sometimes even fro a guy from mexico like me It is hard to put some Spanish from Spain words in English since we tend to express ourselfs a lil different some times. the Ojala pueda devolverle lo de Barceloa can be the tricky part in terms on translation, IMO he means a 'payback' bottomline.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

pRo

Thank you!

I'm sure we all now understand what he meant. 8)

dumrick

Many thanks, Militia Est Vita! :wink:

Militia Est Vita

No problem! If there is anybody from Spain who can correct me if I'm wrong, please do so 8)
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

johny

Translating without losing the meaning of the original text could be hard. Anyway that translation is fine to me, with just "I hope to give him back barcelona one" it should be understandable for a non-spanish talker. But maybe ciro is the best spanish-english writer here :D , so he may correct us

siskue2005

Militia Est Vita wrote:No problem! If there is anybody from Spain who can correct me if I'm wrong, please do so 8)
Thankz for correcting mate 8)
Now its clear :D

F1 Observer

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60668

Woohoo!Spicy stuff! Alonso says it's great that Hamilton runs into trouble to catch him,especially in front of his homecrowd and losing out after starting from pole!