Alonso pulls an "ALONSO"!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rob W

F1 Observer wrote:Woohoo!Spicy stuff! Alonso says it's great that Hamilton runs into trouble to catch him,especially in front of his homecrowd and losing out after starting from pole!
I saw that... I find it hard to believe that an intelligent person like Alonso would make a call like that. Surely he's been quoted out of context or mis-translated?

(Not to mention Ron Dennis said only weeks ago that Alonso and Hamilton had agreed not to talk about each other to media)

Rob W

pRo

I'm not sure if I saw that exact interview, but I saw one. He basically said that it was good for him, that he could beat Hamilton. Of course it's easy to twist his words a bit and make it seem like he was happy to see Hamilton didn't win. When all he was saying was that he was happy to get more points than Hamilton.

What else should he say? "I'm 2nd on the points and I really hoped Hamilton would've won and increased the gap". Some ppl. :roll:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

F1 Observer

Although pRo might be right, I got the impression that Alonso relished the sensation of watching Hamilton struggle, especially in front of his homecrowd.

One thing is to say that one is happy to finish ahead of your main championship rival...The other is to say that he enjoys seeing him in trouble at home!

This reminds me of Mansell winning the French GP of 1991 in the face of Alain Prost.Mansell accused Alain of being the main reason for him to leave Ferrari and that he couldn't imagine what Prost had been thinking when he (Nigel) got past him to win the race.

Or Alan Jones winning in Argentina, Reutemann's feud, in 1980!

FLC
FLC

Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?

allan

i know i saw that too.... That was a foolish thing to do from both actually!

waynes

FLC wrote:Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?
coming up to the last chicane, alonso took to the escape road, passed massa, slowed down let him back through, then passed him into the first corner

bit of machismo going on i think

allan

waynes wrote:
FLC wrote:Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?
coming up to the last chicane, alonso took to the escape road, passed massa, slowed down let him back through, then passed him into the first corner

see that's the problem.. Alonso did pass Massa by crossing the chicane, and this is a practice session, therefore there is no need to let him pass again. What i saw is that Alonso tried to brake test Massa, but the later passed him instead. However, all that happened because Massa madee a move or two on Alonso in the back straight.

siskue2005

allan wrote:
waynes wrote:

see that's the problem.. Alonso did pass Massa by crossing the chicane, and this is a practice session, therefore there is no need to let him pass again. What i saw is that Alonso tried to brake test Massa, but the later passed him instead. However, all that happened because Massa madee a move or two on Alonso in the back straight.
Massa didnot make any move in the back straight!
Massa was just driving a bit slower than Alonso.......Alonso got furious coz he couldnot pass massa or he might ha ruined alonso's lap

But Alonso is to blame here , why would he be furious......its just practice session :?

Saribro

siskue2005 wrote:why would he be furious
He is Alonso, titwank of the grid, that's why.

FLC
FLC

There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQhBcdNkvO4

I think MS's reaction at the end sums it all up. :roll:

modbaraban

FLC wrote:There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQhBcdNkvO4

I think MS's reaction at the end sums it all up. :roll:
I'm kinda frightened to think what he gonna 'pull out' "when everything's at stake" at the end of the championship that's running away from him... :?

Jerez '97 Anyone?

jaho101

It looks like massa slowed up quite a bit before that chicane, and Alonso gave the favour back.

siskue2005

Massa was pushing hard in the last corner....coz, see Massa went wide in that corner......Alonso was toooo hot into the chicane!.....thats why he had to take the escape route :roll:

Saribro

He took the cut deliberately so he could be asanine.

jddh1

Well, he doesn't look so "evil-minded" in this advertisement, does he? I think it's pretty funny.

The link is from Gazzetta.it Mediacentre so if it doesn't work just go there and find it directly.

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCen ... 03ba99c667