If you could change 1 rule in F1 what would it be

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Change the Carbon Helmets to Meat Pie Helmets..mmmm tasty
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

ds.raikkonen

Revise the pit lane speed limit to 200kph :twisted: , well, realistically speaking, the 2 race engine rule should be removed.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

modbaraban

ds.raikkonen wrote:Revise the pit lane speed limit to 200kph :twisted:
Allow moving refueling during the race (with helicopter) :lol:

ds.raikkonen

modbaraban wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:Revise the pit lane speed limit to 200kph :twisted:
Allow moving refueling during the race (with helicopter) :lol:
actually i saw a video of the F2002 being filled with 100octane sheel gasoline by a starlifter :shock: maybe 2020 season ll bring air-borne refuelling. :lol:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

captainmorgan

creating a loophole so that 2nd car can refill 1st car. What an awesome first race that would be, a spyker taking the win

NickT

Huge reliance on aero is a real pain, but it is slowly being dealt with :twisted:

Electronic driver aids are finally being scrapped this year :twisted:

So my vote would be for slicks. However, make them so that they don't leave marbles every where, then you can have multiple/alternative lines around any corner and we'll get overtaking dog fights 8)
NickT

Belatti

Ogami musashi wrote:You need downforce.

If you make the car turn aerodynamically then the drag will be the most important slowing factor and then the engine will have no power to transmit to the ground to counter this.

You need grip anyway...
So tell me how did these kind of cars run...

Now imagine this car but less bulky, rear engine and with wider tyres and you´ll have this:

Finally, is up to you to picture yourself a car even thinner, with huge slicks and maybe a bit downforce generated by the chassis, not wings.
So we will have longer braking distances, trickier accelerations and quite close following allowed

Back to the basics! :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

eidetic

megz wrote:Send every team a complete car. This is their basis. Every team is allowed to use 150 Million per year on development no more. (This includes running the cars in tests, etc) This will even things out nicely and bring more emphasis to driver skill and constructors smarts.
Until the factory based and factory backed teams start hiding how much they're really spending in other areas (such as road car development). You want the FIA to look through ALL of Mercedes' (and Honda's, Toyota's, etc) financial documents? AND have officials on their research facilities at all times to police this rule?

Spending caps can not work in F1. They will hurt the smaller teams more than the larger ones.

edit: Oh, and my rule change would be to open up the engine development. Let's get some turbo I4's up against some NA V12s. (Though I dunno how much of this we'd really see, since it looked like the teams started gravitating towards V10s after Renault seemed to get it right a few years back before V10s were mandated)

donskar

If you could change 1 rule in F1 what would it be

Bring in the second rank teams - Williams, Super Aguri, the Indian team (whatever they're called), etc and ask THEM for some input.

ANYTHING that will help avoid the endless succession of seasons with only two (if we're lucky) competitive teams.

Reverse grids? Two heats? Weight penalties. It is NOT an open formula, so why not make it less open in order to make it more competitive?

My two mills worth (that's much less than two cents!)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Conceptual

I would completely do away with friction!

mahesh248

Removing the traction control is the first thing that has to be done , which i am happy thats it is . thats about it.

bizadfar

front wing lowered back to 2003 or even 2001 standards.

JonoF1

the FIA

tomislavp4

Nice one :lol: not sure you it counts as a rule tough :roll:

JonoF1

they're a rule unto themselves, therefore........