F1 2007 Vs F1 2000-2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ds.raikkonen

F1 2007 Vs F1 2000-2006

They say that in the 2007 F1 season, we discovered overtaking and racing like in the ol' times, which wasnt there in any other recent seasons. Racers just qualified for positions and followed each other in the race, except some moves on lap 1 and that too at the first corner. Which season would you keep at #1 spot in terms of entertainment?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

modbaraban

Overtaking was easier In 2006 with the grippier tyres.

So it's 2006 for me in etrms of entertaining races, but 2007 for the championship battle of course!

Belatti

I like tyre changes rule as it is now, but it was fun to see back in 2005 what could happen in the last laps. Drivers strugglin with tyre wear and drivers trying to pass them... :)
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Tifoso

2000-2004 As a tifoso, and also as a F1 fan (ok, maybe not so many seasons) because Michael Schumacher was there, he could suddenly amaze you, in a Qualy lap, pratice and for sure during the race. He was going to give 100%.

2006 was also very interesting, with some nice overtaking moves in each race. 2005 for me was a step backwards. 2007: emotion, fun, spy saga, rain... Quite good one.

HKS

Ya surely 2005 season was fun

Remember Kimi retired in the last lap

Coz he had a tyre failure :D
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

wxavier007

Schumi we miss you wrote:Ya surely 2005 season was fun

Correction, flat spotted tyre and a suspension failure. :wink:
I don't know what it is about Germany, but the tarmac they lay is perfectly smooth on the straights and very bumpy in the braking areas. So they need to do it the other way round! - David Coulthard, 2002.

modbaraban

Schumi we miss you wrote:Ya surely 2005 season was fun

The ultimate goal of 'bringing it home' after the last pitstop is not the kind of 'fun' I'd rather watch :roll: