Another reason to suggest Max Mosely should quit?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Should Max Mosely retire

Yes, he should have gone years ago
84%
No, he maybe crazy but does a good job
16%

Total votes: 31

Spencifer_Murphy

The problem with this debate is that neither side can be catagorically proved as correct.

The fact of the matter is Max Mosley was brought up by a fascist father, this up bringing very likely having a profound influence on Max, probably giving him a racist (or shall we say "Pro-White") view point at some point in his life.

As Manchild is trying to say; in his usual, outspoken and passionate way; it is likely that some of Mosley's view points have not totally changed, its hard to re-learn something you've been taught as gospel from an early age, and its also hard to change the habbit of a lifetime.

BUT, is is also equally possible (probably more likely actually) that in 30years Max Mosley has understood that his fathers view points were wrong and has changed his own view point in accordance with this. I mean that was 30years ago. Why only less than 40years ago Martin Luther King was assinated (4th April 1968) and look at how the majority view that event nowadays. In short a lot has changed in 30-40 years, and its likely that Max has too.

However, neither one can be catagorically proved either way.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

manchild

bizadfar wrote:"If Stepney doesn't go to jail it was all staged..."

yup, you qualify for the loon truck buddy. Take a break, I enjoyed it.
Did you my insulting "friend" ever heard that a person who bought stolen goods was sanctioned before the thief who stole it? Mclaren is already found guilty of buying/using something that Stepney has allegedly stolen from Ferrari and he still isn't found guilty. That stinks sky high!

Italian police and justice system reacted upon a tip from Ferrari and what has happened to Stepney so far? Nothing! He still isn't officially found guilty for giving or selling data to Mclaren but that didn't prevent FIA to punish Mclaren asap.

That's why I said that if he goes unpunished or with some ridiculously small punishment at Italian court that will mean that he just played his part in "Lets screw Mclaren" movie. Screenplay by Montezemolo, Produced by Todt, Directed by MoSSley.

RH1300S

I think the Stepney delay is purely the Italian justice system creaking through it's process.

AFIK, this is a criminal matter and presumably they will take longer to assemble a case than the FIA did (needed to) with McLaren.

Lack of action thus far against Stepney is no indication that nothing will happen; I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that he and Coughlin will be up for some trouble - but this is nothing to do with the FIA.

Scuderia_Russ

Blody hell Manchild. Yes you are entitled to an opinion, but your constant whinging and whining is getting everyone down and is generally depressing. Dragging over the same sh!t over and over again is getting very boring now. Why don't you write to Max and tell him hes a 2@ and be done with it because I'm sick of you dripping all of the time. If F1 is as bad as you say it is and you've had enough of it, why do you persist in coming back?
Now I look like a forum bully, but I know that my membership to F1 Tech is a privelidge, not a right. Even if I am the only one on the board that feels as above I don't care. I'm just sick of the moaning, I can't take it any more.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

DaveKillens

Geez guys, attack the subject, not the poster. If someone is posting things you disagree with, then just don't read it.

manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Blody hell Manchild. Yes you are entitled to an opinion, but your constant whinging and whining is getting everyone down and is generally depressing. Dragging over the same sh!t over and over again is getting very boring now. Why don't you write to Max and tell him hes a 2@ and be done with it because I'm sick of you dripping all of the time. If F1 is as bad as you say it is and you've had enough of it, why do you persist in coming back?
Now I look like a forum bully, but I know that my membership to F1 Tech is a privelidge, not a right. Even if I am the only one on the board that feels as above I don't care. I'm just sick of the moaning, I can't take it any more.
Well, you could do a little research to see how many regular posters have left since FIA punished Mclaren. Most of them are not even Mclaren fans. People are sick and tired of that Fiarrari game and a lot of them just don't like to bother themselves with it anymore.

Situation in F1 is extremely rotten. People want a honest sport to enjoy and for years and years, over one decade they get a pearl or two on top of manure pile and those who serve that dish expect people with sense for moral and fairness to swallow it indefinitely. I guess people were polite for a while, taking few bites for the sake of common courtesy. That was however very bad thing because cooks have now become so arrogant that they serve pure manure piles without any pearls someone might stay on dinner for (in good all days there was no manure but all the pearls you can eat).

Kimi should have won WDC in 2003 if FIA was correct and punished Ferrari for staging Austrian GP scandal. This way he won a title that is fair when it matters him, I really don't hate him, but the people responsible for all this sh*t that's going on made everything so foggy that it seams that Kimi got title not because he is one of the top 3 but because politics, trials, pressures on Mclaren etc.

When it matters WCC, Stepney said that Ferrari got Mclaren data from Mike too and used it. Did FIA even investigate those claims? No. Why? Well, you know...

Now reply me that Stepney never said that and that I'm making up things. When Ron recently said that Renault used their data FIA was all over Renault. When Stepney said Ferrari used Mclaren data FIA did absolutely nothing. That's one crooked governing body and hypocrisy of the sport.
Last edited by manchild on 15 Nov 2007, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

astsmtl

manchild wrote: ... of the sport I love.
Pheeew!... :)
Glad to read this - manchild still loves F1!
Welcome back! ;)

zac510

DaveKillens wrote:Geez guys, attack the subject, not the poster. If someone is posting things you disagree with, then just don't read it.
We have attacked his posts many times but he only chooses to respond to posts that he can argue against, even then usually just citing some Nazi/Mosley history, latching onto the fact that siding with Nazis is so socially taboo that it's effectively impossible to dispute his post without leaving yourself open to be accused of benig a Nazi yourself. (see Reductio ad Hitlerum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum )

Unfortunately he also thinks he's some kind of superhero crusader for peace, love and freedom from F1 tyranny (maybe he's Dubya) and that means that he can't do anything wrong and it's always someone else's fault.

manchild

astsmtl wrote:
manchild wrote: ... of the sport I love.
Pheeew!... :)
Glad to read this - manchild still loves F1!
Welcome back! ;)
No, that was a typo. Loved :lol:

AeroGT3

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Blody hell Manchild. Yes you are entitled to an opinion, but your constant whinging and whining is getting everyone down and is generally depressing. Dragging over the same sh!t over and over again is getting very boring now. Why don't you write to Max and tell him hes a 2@ and be done with it because I'm sick of you dripping all of the time. If F1 is as bad as you say it is and you've had enough of it, why do you persist in coming back?
+1

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another thing to constantly pollute the forum with that opinion.

mx_tifoso

I can't believe this thread is still open for discussion when many others have been locked for much less, but maybe we need the moderators/administrators to step in this time. This is going too far and there are no benefits for anyone whatsoever.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

AeroGT3

manchild wrote:
AeroGT3 wrote:+1
-1 Picture instead of signature. That's for "fast and furious" teen forums. Here it is just the pollution.
Yeah, obtaining a race license is for the "fast and furious" teens :roll:

Go figure you can't stick to the logical arguments.

manchild

In original pic that could have been Hamilton's grandfather and his brother or a friend and the graffiti written on the wall was done by FIA Übermensch himself.

What a nice historical parallel, isn't it?

Tip off? It is known but kept hidden. Bad publicity, you know... I've found at least 3 sources that mention the same thing. I didn't made it up.

MoSSley succeeded Jean-Marie Balestre on top of the FIA. This BalleSStre character was member of French Waffen SS during WWII. I guess that was just accidental similarity.
:arrow: http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=77

Who will replace him on top of the FIA? Alessandra Mussolini, Jean-Marie Le Pen, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? It's got to be someone who will continue the tradition, right?

I hope Jean Todt is in no relation with Fritz Todt, founder of "Organisation Todt"
:arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_Todt

Now, how about some appropriate music?
:arrow: http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=60584B565C546A

zac510

Why don't you answer to my posts manchild?

manchild

zac510 wrote:Why don't you answer to my posts manchild?
I'm answering to all, not always quoting each comment since I think opinion is universal.

Anyway, your posts... Well, your previous post seamed reply to my pre-new facts posts. That's how I understood it (like you've accidentally overlooked my findings).

I'm not implying Hitler or Nazism on him. I'm pointing out on a guy who has political history as an racist and fascist. He was "prettying" London with "Keep Britain White" graffiti, he was right-hand man of UK fascist leader up till party broke up and they escaped from UK.

So, I'm not implying Hitler and Nazism to make him look bad because his own actions make him look bad enough to erase any possibility of trust in his impartial governing of multi-racial sport such as F1 is.

He warns that Hamilton's success will be bad for F1 and yet he has no problem in fact that Bahrain authorities and GP organizers prohibit F1 team member who are citizens of Israel to enter their land and participate in GP. That is not a made up story but a fact. There was a team or two whose members couldn't attend Bahrain GP.

As a president of FIA he should have canceled Bahrain GP unless they allow every team member regardless on race, religion or nationality to participate in it. He didn't even raised his voice against that. Teams who aren't allowed to bring along all of their members were treated unjustly by FIA.

What kind of president of FIA is he when he takes no sanctions against GP organizer who prohibits participation in a GP of team members who are not in accordance with their fanatical religious beliefs?

Bahrain GP exists despite the fact that on that GP teams with Jewish members have to prepare and race without all people they need and under shameful knowledge that their Jewish members have to stay at home. How those people feel themselves probably reminds on 1930s Germany when their rights were cut at first. Herr MoSSley has no problem with that.

Is that a fair sport? No. Even Hitler was fairer because he allowed even the "lower race" to participate and triumph in 1936 Olympics. In a championship governed by K.B.W writer the fairness is much lower than in 1936 Olympics.

Of course, Hitler could have acted like Bahrain authorities but he knew that if he prohibits participation of "lower race" in his Olympics they'd be canceled and boycotted because the Olympic committee had moral, dignity and sense about human rights unlike FIA. That was to remind you 70 years ago.

That's just one example. As I've said, I have no more doubts.

No one has ever brought sport in dispute so many times as the guy who was supposed to protect it from such happenings.