Where should Ralf be heading?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PNSD

whiplash wrote:How about the pace car driver then he will always be at the head of the field
:o

What?!!
Dont be stupid, he'll crash that lush looking merc!

mini696

johny wrote:heading home
I was thinking "Home" even before viewing this thread.
Supporting:
Mark "It happens" Webber
McLaren

eidetic

I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around in F1. He's got experience, but I don't know if any teams are looking for that. I really don't understand the incredible dislike of him. Sure he's overpaid, but more power to him if he can land a ride and get a fat check along with it. Sure, he's inconsistent, but I still never understood the level of dislike the guy seems to garner.

coreybaxter

I would hope Ralf is heading home to his wife(who certainly isn't a bad option) but Williams and Spyker would be the only chances, long shots at best though.

Principessa

Ralf offered his services to McLaren, but they surprisingly ... refused :P

He was so sure to stick around in F1 in 2008, but which team would want him?

jaslfc

ralf for mclaren! i dont think its a bad idea. not saying he is a great driver but he has the experience and he is a race winner. maybe mclaren could get him on a 1 year contract..maybe wages based more on performance so that they can wait for rosberg or any other drivers..

axle

jaslfc wrote:ralf for mclaren! i dont think its a bad idea. not saying he is a great driver but he has the experience and he is a race winner. maybe mclaren could get him on a 1 year contract..maybe wages based more on performance so that they can wait for rosberg or any other drivers..
Ralf isn't a good choice, he's not a racer anymore, since his crashes. He's just another driver now. He should be retire from F1 gracefully rather than get pushed. I'd rather have a rough around the edges driver like Kazuki in F1 stirring things up. He's fast and brave but lacking experience....Ralf is boring. (Not that obviously Kazuki will go there it was just an example).

To my mind, Heikki and Sutil are the two front runners unless Piquet is available on license from Renault/Flavio. Though the media are predicting, still, that Nico will be "bought" from Williams!
- Axle

bizadfar

Principessa wrote:Ralf offered his services to McLaren, but they surprisingly ... refused :P

He was so sure to stick around in F1 in 2008, but which team would want him?
I agree, it will be certainly extremely unlikely. But part of me really hopes RD can get Ralf so he can have a laugh in 2008. And possibly Ralf can actually try prove himself or get destroyed by Lewis. But my desire and curiosity I'm sure Mclaren don't share haha!

meves

Now Mika has left DTM I think he'll go that way next season, and at least crashing is quite common there so he won't look too out of place!

tomislavp4

Guys, I don´t know how true this is but a Macedonian web site sad that Ralf´s menager had several unsuccesful attempts to make a deal with McLaren!!!

EDIT-sorry didn´t see the previous posts :oops: (I´M AT SCHOOL)

kurtiejjj

Hope he goes somewhere very far away! Bring the back the REAL schumi!

donskar

Where should Ralf be heading?

Indy Car
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Belatti

Everything I could posted has already been posted!!! :D

A former "a bit above average" F1 driver that became no one, appart from having to stand being in the shadow of his brother.

I think that if some people still like Michael because he was 7 times WDC, but he is easy to dislike (word hate is too strong to use in this case, they are just -bad- sportsmen). Ralph is the same, but without speed and winning.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Tom

Wait, Mika left DTM? How come there aren't rumours circling about him joining Lewis in 08? That would be one hell of a team.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Militia Est Vita

He is good at crashing cars so he should try NASCAR Truck or something like that. Going home should be better though.