Jense finally wakes up

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
freedom_honda

Jense finally wakes up

Button will leave if Honda doesn't improve

Jenson Button has warned Honda that if the team does not improve significantly next season, he will look for a drive elsewhere. The comments come at a critical time for the Honda team after a dismal season.

"The car was a complete dog and I'm not interested in racing like this any more," Button told the Mail on Sunday newspaper. "I remember after Hungary this year wanting to hit something. I won that race a year ago and now I was sitting in something undriveable."

"I have to start winning and if I don't then I have to be ruthless," Button added. "There's an option in my contract which means we can all sit down and discuss the future at the end of the season. I things don't work out that's exactly what I'll be doing."

"I'm not expecting to win the championship, but I do expect a dramatic improvement," he warned.

great to hear even though i am a fan of Honda.
i feel sorry for Jense to be honest
Honda ruined his career

jaslfc

mclaren for button..

naknak_56

Over rated driver who's most mooted attribute is being smooth, serial contract breaker and the next DC if hes lucky!, a number 2 driver at best. I wouldnt have him in my team unless he brought a serious amount of money.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

allan

naknak_56 wrote:Over rated driver who's most mooted attribute is being smooth, serial contract breaker and the next DC if hes lucky!, a number 2 driver at best. I wouldnt have him in my team unless he brought a serious amount of money.
second that

Tom

I don't think thats entirely fair, Jenson is overhyped and I've certainly never seen anything to suggest his driving is smoother than anyone elses, but at the end of the day he is a solid driver, he has achieved a fair bit in a relativly short career. He's better than half the grid and thats enough to get him a seat at a team like Williams.

As for DC, he's the 4th highest point scorer and outscored his team mate the past 3 seasons including Webber this season. He steered Mclaren to 2 constructors championships and in his debut season helped Williams seal theirs. Hardly a number 2 driver.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mx_tifoso

To be honest, I feel indifference towards Button, but I do feel sorry for him. Although he is a very talented driver, he made wrong decisions regarding teams to race for, as he did with Honda. In my opinion, when making the switch to such a young and undeveloped team, you have to understand that the chances of actually being a front runner, much less being a champion, will decrease by tremendous amounts. In comparison to a mature and well developed team that has a history of success, such as Ferrari or McLaren. Honda had great success as an engine supplier, but being a complete race team is a whole different story. Button should have realized this a long time ago, not now when his career is as close to being called a "should'a-would'a-could'a" as is Fisichella's and Webber's. So seeing how Honda need a real number one driver, Button should pack up his bags.

Now Button is also speaking his mind about his fellow countrymen, saying that Hamilton may have lost his one and only chance to be champion this season.
:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63892
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

AeroGT3

naknak_56 wrote:Over rated driver who's most mooted attribute is being smooth, serial contract breaker and the next DC if hes lucky!, a number 2 driver at best. I wouldnt have him in my team unless he brought a serious amount of money.
So he was a "#2" driver when he scored most points than Alonso and Schumacher the second half of 2006, in a POS Honda no less?

flynfrog

AeroGT3 wrote:
So he was a "#2" driver when he scored most points than Alonso and Schumacher the second half of 2006, in a POS Honda no less?
??

HKS

Which team would he join?
RBR?
Toyota?

Lets hope Honda comes back strongly next year
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

wxavier007

Button, I've seen potential in him as a champion at Honda, but after the 2007 season. I do believe that he made a wrong choice in teams. Williams offered him nicel but instead him chose Honda. I totally WTF, Williams was far better than Honda is all aspects.
I don't know what it is about Germany, but the tarmac they lay is perfectly smooth on the straights and very bumpy in the braking areas. So they need to do it the other way round! - David Coulthard, 2002.

onon

i understand him why he is bitter, hamilton comes and almost a champion in his first year. where is justice in this world?

wxavier007

onon wrote:i understand him why he is bitter, hamilton comes and almost a champion in his first year. where is justice in this world?
Agreed. :)
I don't know what it is about Germany, but the tarmac they lay is perfectly smooth on the straights and very bumpy in the braking areas. So they need to do it the other way round! - David Coulthard, 2002.

HKS

Button saiid Hamilton might not be that lucky second time
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

freedom_honda

Schumi we miss you wrote:Button saiid Hamilton might not be that lucky second time
and i reckon its true in formula one

Saribro

AeroGT3 wrote:So he was a "#2" driver when he scored most points than Alonso and Schumacher the second half of 2006, in a POS Honda no less?
He didn't, so, yes.
viewtopic.php?p=42966#42966