Barcelona testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban
modbaraban

Gary Paffet :-k
is back to F1. I heard he had an impressive season in DTM again. Looking at the tendency of testing reduction in F1 and the fact that he's back to the Maccacockpit that may mean that at least one of the current testers is regarded as a possible team mate for Lewis.

Any ideas?

HKS

Schumi ^:-)^

The legendary Schumi

We are glad your back atleast for Testing
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

axle
axle

modbaraban wrote:Gary Paffet :-k
is back to F1. I heard he had an impressive season in DTM again. Looking at the tendency of testing reduction in F1 and the fact that he's back to the Maccacockpit that may mean that at least one of the current testers is regarded as a possible team mate for Lewis.

Any ideas?
McLaren would be silly not to consider them, after all they know the car, won't cost the earth, are loyal and most importantly are team players.

To smooth the waters with the Spanish sponsors, Pedro wouldn't be the worst choice...can't see Gary getting it...I think he'd be better off in an LMP...we'll see how testing goes but afaik Pedro is faster than Gary...

Can't believe it's gone all quiet on the Alonso front...
- Axle

modbaraban
modbaraban

axle wrote:McLaren would be silly not to consider them, after all they know the car, won't cost the earth, are loyal and most importantly are team players.

To smooth the waters with the Spanish sponsors, Pedro wouldn't be the worst choice...can't see Gary getting it...I think he'd be better off in an LMP...we'll see how testing goes but afaik Pedro is faster than Gary...
The presence of Gary may mean that Perdro gets a drive and there's a test driver seat available Gary.

Belatti
Belatti

axle wrote:Can't believe it's gone all quiet on the Alonso front...
Its just the calm before the storm.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

meves
meves

The final times are

1 M. Schumacher Ferrari 01:21.922 64
2 L. Badoer Ferrari 01:22.129 76
3 P. de la Rosa McLaren 01:22.687 63
4 H. Kovalainen Renault 01:22.802 81
5 R. Kubica BMW 01:22.883 56
6 G. Paffett McLaren 01:23.008 46
7 K. Nakajima Williams 01:23.187 66
8 D. Coulthard Red Bull 01:23.332 55
9 J. Trulli Toyota 01:23.624 46
10 N. Heidfeld BMW 01:23.671 75
11 N. Rosberg Williams 01:23.847 58
12 F. Montagny Toyota 01:23.861 61
13 S. Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:24.048 77
14 A. Zuber Honda 01:24.065 77
15 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:24.193 51
16 A. Davidson Super Aguri 01:24.246 70
17 J. Rossiter Super Aguri 01:24.480 69
18 K. Chandhok Red Bull 01:24.896 39
19 G. van der Garde Force India F1 01:25.317 84
20 Roldan Rodriguez Force India F1 01:26.973 87

Testing times from F1Racing

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/testresults.php?testID=791

How light did Michael run! Did anyone notice the mclaren front wing looked new with a higher bridge. It's interesting that Kovalainen was testing, I wonder what will happen with the Alonso seat????
Last edited by meves on 13 Nov 2007, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

axle
axle

modbaraban wrote:
axle wrote:McLaren would be silly not to consider them, after all they know the car, won't cost the earth, are loyal and most importantly are team players.

The presence of Gary may mean that Perdro gets a drive and there's a test driver seat available Gary.
Indeed that hadn't escaped me...it's a real shame the teams are so limited on actual testing mileage I'd like to see T cars ragged to death on a Friday only by the test driver, who then has the responsibility of feeding back to race drivers for them to get the setup right on Saturday. That might make the test drivers job a bit more interesting :)
- Axle

djones
djones

Schumacher fastest man of the day.

I wonder what he must be thinking now. I wonder if he thought he would come back mid pack or if he always knew he could come back at any time and 'BANG' straight back in the game.

I find it very interesting to be fair. Surely this test has more to do with him testing himself than any PR stunt or TC testing! ?

waynes
waynes

or maybe michael was testing just to give Kimi and Felipe a bit more time off?

long hard season you know

djones
djones

waynes wrote:or maybe michael was testing just to give Kimi and Felipe a bit more time off?

long hard season you know
I can't see it myself. He's greater and bigger than either of them two will be put together. He wouldn't just come back and test so they could put their feet up.

Indeed he would look down on that attitude.

Militia Est Vita

I don't want to sound hater but Schumi topped the timesheets w/o the heavy guns on the track (Kimi, Alonso, Hamboy). I hope there is a second testing when we can see all this guys together dont you think?.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

tpe
tpe

Militia Est Vita wrote:I don't want to sound hater but Schumi topped the timesheets w/o the heavy guns on the track (Kimi, Alonso, Hamboy). I hope there is a second testing when we can see all this guys together dont you think?.
That would be soooooooooo gooooood! Yes, bring them all in one track!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Its a shame to see the Ferrari title both at the very top and at the very bottom. Ferrari should consider only supplying STR with engines.

MS is definately not rusty, despite what anyone will say. Whether he is running light or anything else, very impressive times, being the only driver to dip into the 1:21 times. Brings back memories of the '06 season when he was a regular at testing and events.
"I think there is a guy called Michael. It looks as though he's got a talent. He will make his way to F1," joked Red Bull's David Coulthard.
Autosport: Schumacher quickest in testing return
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

axle
axle

mx_tifosi wrote:Its a shame to see the Ferrari title both at the very top and at the very bottom. Ferrari should consider only supplying STR with engines.
Your attitude on this point stinks imo...so much snobbery. And in any case it makes Ferrari money, so it's still good for them!
- Axle

djones
djones

Apparently Massa is joining Schumacher tomorrow.

To be fair Im expecting Massa to be fastest but it will be good to see. If MS is faster it will be hilarious :D