Barcelona testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kimi

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
really..could u plz give the link here??

rkn

checkered

DaveKillens wrote:I fail to comprehend how you can admire sloppy driving.
My thoughts

exactly. There's a car hobby (some even call it a sport) called "drifting", I'm sure F1 isn't about to compete with that.

Tom

No, I don't think sloppy is the right word. There's something special about seeing amodern F1 car pushed beyond the limit and watching a driver save it. I'm not saying its something I want to see more of but the occasional glimpse of how hard a driver is really trying, its refreshing. I suppose most importantly it symbolises the end of an era, Traction Control is gone and long may it continue!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

donskar

Barcelona testing

Schumi fastest at Barcelona.

Like Enzo:
It can be said with some justification that M Schumacher is not a good man.
But who can argue that he is not a great driver?

His performance here is simply astounding.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

modbaraban

DaveKillens wrote:I fail to comprehend how you can admire sloppy driving.
checkered wrote:My thoughts

exactly. There's a car hobby (some even call it a sport) called "drifting", I'm sure F1 isn't about to compete with that.

checkered

Tom wrote:No, I don't think sloppy is the right word. There's something special about seeing amodern F1 car pushed beyond the limit and watching a driver save it. I'm not saying its something I want to see more of but the occasional glimpse of how hard a driver is really trying, its refreshing. I suppose most importantly it symbolises the end of an era, Traction Control is gone and long may it continue!
There are many

ways a modern F1 car can be pushed over the limit. Powering out of oversteer related trouble, preferrably in opposite lock (the "Clarkson method") is just one way of making those limits visible, but one that seems to enjoy the most popularity. The iconic way of pushing too far, some might call it. OK, I can live with it, and I must admit - my approach to racing is a bit dryish. But don't expect cars sliding all over the place ... the drivers are just trying the new TCless existence out and once they've found the limits to a degree, there are going to be fewer mistakes. especially as the championship side of things encourages the teams to be very, very mistake (and even risk) averse, and that doesn't seem to be changing.

Anyway, if the ten years' freeze is not going to hold (and I have some reason to believe it won't), TC might well make a comeback in some form. It was supposed to, under the previous plan. It's hard not to incorporate very sophisticated control systems in energy recovery and hybrid drives.

Ogami musashi

The gap to the qualifying best lap time is now only 1 seconds..it was 2 yesterday and that's without the car designed for no TC.
I don't think we will see much slides, but i think somewhere the TC can allow for different turning techniques.

I don't recall, but i think MS power circle technique worked only without TC.
Maybe that's why he was on top the two days.

By the way the official times are now up, during the day an error timed MS a 1:19+ but in fact he did 1.21...well he was the fastest anyway..

too bad he does not run tomorrow...

modbaraban

Where do you find the laptimes sheets? :oops:

Ogami musashi

they are now official , on autosport and several other sites.

During the day on a french website (the forums of http://www.F1-live.com) lap times from the track were given updated around every 30 minutes.

During the morning a 1:20 was given to Ms and in the afternoon a 1:19 was on screen but it was maybe due to telemetry error or maybe Ms did shorcut a chicane, i saw one pic of him going off track.

Okay rather than words, here's the link you can follow it for tomorrow i think:

http://forum.f1.racing-live.com/fr/phpB ... acbadba1e4

Just browse the pages back to see the pics and the different times displayed during the day.

as i said tomorrow it is likely they will continue to feed with lap times.

PNSD

Anyone noticed the small aireal on the Force1india car ? on the sidepod.

mini696

Obviously Ferrari will try to make MS look good by running light fuel etc.
Supporting:
Mark "It happens" Webber
McLaren

modbaraban

Ogami musashi wrote:they are now official , on autosport and several other sites.
Thanx! I should have noticed this one though :oops:
@ PNSD

Do you mean the podvanes? The were used for A-spec, but were removed from the B-spec. I can't see other changes.

FLC
FLC

modbaraban wrote: Do you mean the podvanes? The were used for A-spec, but were removed from the B-spec. I can't see other changes.
A small correction: they did use them with the B-spec, but only in China.

mike

why are the super aguris testing the RA 107?
didn't they thought that RA 107 is crap enough