Hamilton PLC

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes

Hamilton PLC

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41286

first off he says its press intrusion causing him to move, not tax reasons, now this

you really could not make it up

whiplash

I have read the artical didn't Justin Wilson do the samething when he came into F1

ginsu

Yeah, that's a bit sickening. Is the money going to his head or something? Does he really need 100million right now? Hamilton may become the first overexposed, overhyped driver to not win a WDC. I'm sorry, he's a great driver, but he has to win a title to deserve the money and attention he's getting.

Stay focused Lewis, don't forget where you came from, because you maybe back there before you know it, all it takes is a crash that breaks something important and your career is completely over.
I love to love Senna.

kimi

Lewis is a overhyped driver.He has driven well,but he is getting a lot of attention which is simply going to his head.I guess he has already started comparing himself with Senna or Schumi.But Lewis this is f1 and one wrong move will end your career in no time.

Be aware of that Lewis.

HKS

If that's true he has definitely lost his mind
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

HKS

It would sell off 10% of its shares for about $100m, giving Lewis a lump sum now, while shareholders would draw a regular dividend on his earnings as his career progresses.

From Hamilton’s point of view it makes perfect sense because global sporting icons have a limited shelf life and, especially in F1, can see their hopes dashed by accident or injury.

The Hamilton plc idea would be a genuinely radical venture.

Although the likes of David Bowie and James Brown have raised money by selling bonds against their future earnings, those bonds were based on future royalties from albums they had already recorded – as distinct from races and championships Hamilton has yet to win.

I'm dead sure that the market value of these stocks would be less than its face value :lol: :lol: :P
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

ben_watkins

I would have thought it would not be Hamilton's decision, but more the advisors to him, brought in following his dramatic rise to fame.. For any one "famous" person there are a whole team working behind the scenes to scoop off a percentage..

D
D

Personally, I think it's a bloody clever idea to make money off of/for Hamilton.

Maybe it's precisely the dangers of F1 that made him want to get his money while he can, which is fair enough.

As much as I think he's a bit of a smarmy/lying bastard... I can't hate him for doing what's best for himself and his family.

I'd say it's a well-played move.
Thank you for reading.

kimi

D wrote:Personally, I think it's a bloody clever idea to make money off of/for Hamilton.

Maybe it's precisely the dangers of F1 that made him want to get his money while he can, which is fair enough.

As much as I think he's a bit of a smarmy/lying bastard... I can't hate him for doing what's best for himself and his family.

I'd say it's a well-played move.
yeah.he is making the most of this status and popularity.But sooner or later he will have to pay for it.We have had many such over hyped drivers and all of them vanished when the time came to perform.

Carlos

Journalism covers one story at a time, from a single viewpoint. This year Hamilton's story is basically hero worship, 1 stream of thought, something the public hungers for and an easy story. This makes journalism 101's fall back position easy to set up, just as this year's coverage is universally positive, as soon as Hamilton has difficulties, umwelcome personal details emerge, he stops winning, like a series of tidalwaves a barage of negative press will continue for months.

It's an archtypal, fly to close to the sun and court disaster, the fall of the legend, the hero disgraced.

tinhouse

ginsu wrote: Stay focused Lewis, don't forget where you came from, because you maybe back there before you know it, all it takes is a crash that breaks something important and your career is completely over.
Doesn't even need to be a crash. it could just be walking accross a pavement.

LOL.

timbo

Formula One champ Lewis Hamilton, leaving Paper nightclub by the back door, walks smack-bang into a lamp pole.
Is "champ" means "champion"? Huh?