Bernie PropErstone

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Wash the rubber off the tracks at night is...

a nice idea
44%
pointless
56%

Total votes: 9

modbaraban
modbaraban

Bernie PropErstone

Ive just read on f1news.ru that Bernie suggested washing the rubber off the track at night before each race to make dry races more fun.

Any links to the full interview in English? I couldn't find any so far. :roll:

PS:
:lol:

checkered

Re: Bernie PropErstone

modbaraban wrote:Ive just read on f1news.ru that Bernie suggested washing the rubber off the track at night before each race to make dry races more fun. Any links to the full interview in English? I couldn't find any so far. :roll:
Only in the

official F1 website! Pretty much every F1 website has been "reporting" on the same interview for days on end, as there's really little else to cover. Nice picture tho!

:lol:

Belatti
Belatti

I really enjoyed reading Bernies aswers!!! :D :D :D

Especially these:
Q: What did the Japanese teams do wrong?
BE: They are governed from Japan, which you can't do. There is a big time difference between Europe and Japan, and the general culture there is different. They are happy to wait rather than be courageous. They are terribly conservative in their way of going about things. I think in Formula One you can't be conservative.

Q: Honda reacted to their disappointing season with the appointment of Ross Brawn. Should Toyota have done something similar?
BE: Sure, but who would they get? There are not many people like Ross around. But then you have to say that nobody knows how good the Toyota actually was. Maybe the Toyota was a good car and maybe it was just that the drivers did not get the most out of it. If I was them, I would try to get somebody like Michael Schumacher and ask him to come over for three days, drive the car, and tell me what he thinks.

Q: What about Alonso?
BE: Why not? Look at the situation at Renault in 2005 and 2006. With just Fisichella they would never have known how good their car really was.
Q: There has been an ongoing discussion about what is a constructor and what is a customer team. Will you allow teams to buy cars from other squads?BE: We know what a customer team is. I don't think it should be allowed to happen. When I go and buy a complete car from somebody else and race it because I am afraid to compete on my own against the manufacturers, then we will soon have four McLarens and four Ferraris on the grid with all the problems such a situation provokes. If the championship is at stake, they are going to help each other. We should go back to where we started and have constructors. If you are not a constructor, you should not be in Formula One. You should be obliged to build and design your own car.
Q: Are you sad, that we lost the United States Grand Prix?BE: America is a continent as big as Europe. In order to have the same impact as in Europe we ought to have eight races over there. To have just one Grand Prix in the States does not make Formula One popular.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

ben_watkins
ben_watkins