Hamilton vs. The Stig

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Hamilton vs. The Stig

The Stig
71%
Hamilton
29%

Total votes: 38

megz

Hamilton vs. The Stig

McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton has raced Britain's mystery driver 'The Stig' in the Top Gerar show. In the popular show Hamilton swapped his McLaren with a modest family car. The show will be on air this Sunday on BBC Two.

In Top Gear Lewis Hamilton took part in the programme's "Star in a reasonably priced car" feature. Hamilton will have to try and beat the time set by Top Gear's 'The Stig'.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/11/ ... -the-stig/

So.... Who will win?

NumberTwo

Could be close. Will Ron be in the backseat?

allan

honestly im startin to hate hamilton!
English press and media are soooo annouying!!! i mean we got the damn idea! the guy is talneted ok, but he's not the second JESUS!

jaslfc

British press is one of the most or maybe the most powerful in the world. therefore if an englishman does well, its all hyped up.

kimi

Who cares what Hamilton does.He is one over hyped driver and I am happy as long as he is not the champion. :wink:

mx_tifoso

It depends really, did Hamiltons team illegaly posess information about ¨The Stigs¨ team? :roll: :P
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

allan wrote:honestly im startin to hate hamilton!
English press and media are soooo annouying!!! i mean we got the damn idea! the guy is talneted ok, but he's not the second JESUS!
Well yes, I see your point, but it's not the case it seems. It's just another of the series of shows where where the celebs drove that old Suzuki Swift (or whatever it's name in UK). I've seen one with Button, Webber, Mansell, D. Hill and some others (can't remember now). You will find some of those in the 'new videos' thread.
Why on earth other drivers can try it out, but Lewis can't?

PS: And I don't expect Lewis to be significantly better than the others :P

Ciro Pabón

mx_tifosi wrote:It depends really, did Hamiltons team illegaly posess information about ¨The Stigs¨ team? :roll: :P
:lol:
Ciro

ds.raikkonen

Sucks to LH, im sick of him...go Stiggy, show em what youre made of, three cheers for the Stig. Hes already beaten many F1 drivers, LH is no exception, car control they say...pah!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

HKS

Hamilton book
Hamilton stocks
And now this

Hilarious stuff :lol: :lol:
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

Sawtooth-spike

shall we re name this topic the "We hate Lewis" club?

:wink:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

modbaraban

Omg :roll: Lewis is already becoming the 2nd Michael. Why most people either worship him or hate him?

tomislavp4

Go stig! :lol: :wink:

donskar

Hamilton vs. The Stig

At least here in the States LH gets NO play in the mainstream press. Now if he were to try NASCAR . . . :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

checkered

modbaraban wrote:Well yes, I see your point, but it's not the case it seems. It's just another of the series of shows where where the celebs drove that old Suzuki Swift (or whatever it's name in UK). I've seen one with Button, Webber, Mansell, D. Hill and some others (can't remember now). You will find some of those in the 'new videos' thread.
Why on earth other drivers can try it out, but Lewis can't?

PS: And I don't expect Lewis to be significantly better than the others :P
I agree, if every

other F1 driver from the UK (and Webber) has tried it, why not Lewis? Had he not done it, I guess some would call him out based on that, too. It used to be Suzuki (cough) Liana (A.k.a Suzuki Baleno New G), but for some time now they've raced a more (cough) powerful car, namely a Chevrolet (cough) Lacetti (A.k.a Daewoo Lacetti, Buick Excelle, Buick Excelle HRV, Chevrolet Nubira, Chevrolet Optra, Chevrolet SRV, Holden Viva, Suzuki Forenza & Suzuki Reno. I swear, with this amount of aliases, the Dept. of Homeland Shagyourity should look into what this automobile is up to ...)

Edit: Oh no, I accidentally came up with the perfect reason why Mike Myers should do one more "Austin Powers" movie, now didn't I?
mx_tifosi wrote:It depends really, did Hamiltons team illegaly posess information about ¨The Stigs¨ team? :roll: :P
Jeremy Clarkson just might have the b***s to make an un-PC joke of that nature in Hamilton's face. In fact if he did, it'd propably serve to relieve some of the pressure around the spygate thingy and Lewis' apparently divisive public persona. If anyone can appreciate being divisive, it's Clarkson, after all.
modbaraban wrote:Omg :roll: Lewis is already becoming the 2nd Michael. Why most people either worship him or hate him?
At least we can say for certain that people who do worship or hate him seem to be very vocal about it, just like it was/is with Michael. Whether these peoples' polarised perception represents the majority opinion, I don't know. But I can safely say that the absolute majority of people who have one or another perception of Lewis still don't go online to vent their feelings.

You might want to read Mike Lawrence's latest column on Pitpass.com, though ("Oh dear, Sangio and other howlers"). Therein, he reflects on the state of F1 literature and also offers his opinion about the 9 (as in "nine") Lewis Hamilton biographies on the market. He makes a pretty good case of why it's perfectly rational to buy the worst one.