Hamilton vs. The Stig

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Hamilton vs. The Stig

The Stig
71%
Hamilton
29%

Total votes: 38

kimi
kimi

modbaraban wrote:Omg :roll: Lewis is already becoming the 2nd Michael. Why most people either worship him or hate him?
Lewis becoming 2nd Michael??

vagaries of perception u know.. :wink: :lol:

megz

I wanna see a video of this as soon as it's on the internets!!! Go Stig you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind go Stiggy, go go go Stiggy! I fully expect Clarkson to grill him big time, which would be AWESOME! hope Ronnie boy will be squirming :twisted:

I used to really love McMerc. Then came Lewis, Alonso and Spygate :( :x :cry:

djones
djones

There is no way Hamilton is faster than Nigel Mansell in a normal road car.

Hamilton may be good in a go kart and open wheel cars like F1 but Mansell has experiance in all sorts of cars including touring cars etc.

Not sure if Mansell went faster than the stig but Hamilton wont go faster than Mansell.

Having said that you just know the BBC are going to be so far up Hamiltons a*** they will probably rig it.

Tom

Although most of TG is almost certainly rigged I think they will leave this as a fair race.

I hope Hamilton wins, Lewis is an elite, a Formula 1 driver. If mortals such as the stig start beating F1 drivers then (exceedingly annoying) Joe Bloggs is going to start ranting that he could be an F1 driver and that the best drivers in the world aren't so great.

Can you imagine how irritating that would be?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

djones
djones

The stig (who changes) may have driven 2000 laps around that track.

Hamilton might get say 10 practice laps.

Call me stupid but I reckon even I could go faster than Hamilton if it was me who had done 2000 laps.

Put Hamilton in a forumla Ford car (something like that anyway), give him 10 laps around a track then me 2000 and I would not get anywhere near his time.

As good as Hamilton is, he does not have much experiance in other types of cars, let alone a low powered FWD hatchback.

jddh1

mx_tifosi wrote:It depends really, did Hamiltons team illegaly posess information about ¨The Stigs¨ team? :roll: :P

Best comment of the thread. MX, you just became my hero. hahaaha

Carlos
Carlos

DELETED - Sorry - Not very thoughtful of me.
Last edited by Carlos on 02 Dec 2007, 02:06, edited 3 times in total.

djones
djones

DO NOT READ ABOVE LINK

If you don't want the show spoiling.

modbaraban
modbaraban

djones wrote:DO NOT READ ABOVE LINK

If you don't want the show spoiling.
L :shock: king 4ward 2the vide :o

:D

megz

Well, we know that at least Hamilton isn't white stig then :o :lol: :D

wazojugs

Hamilton most certainly not beat the Stig's time as Alonso was not there to set the car up for him! :D

djones
djones

Interesting. It was a very fast lap they said he got (very very fast) but it didn't look like anything special. Indeed it did not look anywhere near as smooth as Webbers in the wet.

MrT
MrT

Quick laps normally don;t look that special! Prost was always critisized for being boring to watch but he was justr incredibly smooth and quick! Lewis was incredibly smooth considering the track conditions - I was very impressed, but I'd like to have seen a head to head with Kimi in the same car, I reckon Kimi would've shown the way :)

joseff

megz wrote:Well, we know that at least Hamilton isn't white stig then :o :lol: :D
We'll never know for sure. Wasn't black stig at least Damon Hill and Perry McCarthy?

jddh1

wow, an astonishing lap. would've been very good if it was dry, let alone wet. job well done lewis.

Now, how about Jeremy getting that McLaren drive?