Hamilton vs. The Stig

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Hamilton vs. The Stig

The Stig
71%
Hamilton
29%

Total votes: 38

Spencifer_Murphy

Yeah I was about to say, sure he cut the corners a lil, but others have done so (not nessecairily the F1 drivers mind) and others have also run wide on the exit of corners like the hammerhead to gain more traction.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

f1.redbaron

Ray wrote:All I know is, apparently Lewis Hamilton is the second coming of Jesus Christ to the British. I wish they would shut the --- up about him.
I wonder what your comments would have been like had Scott Speed been in the same situation. You don't think that the American media would have created the same buzz? You watch Speed - just take a look at what kind of hype did Scott Speed create when he joined STR. Varsha couldn't stop talking about him, and this was despite the fact that he was useless (though not according to you who believes that "he is a great driver in a crappy car").

You need to understand that the Brits haven't had an F1 champion in a long time, and that after being disappointed by Button and Coulthard, they finally have someone to cheer for.

Ray

f1.redbaron wrote:
Ray wrote:All I know is, apparently Lewis Hamilton is the second coming of Jesus Christ to the British. I wish they would shut the --- up about him.
I wonder what your comments would have been like had Scott Speed been in the same situation. You don't think that the American media would have created the same buzz? You watch Speed - just take a look at what kind of hype did Scott Speed create when he joined STR. Varsha couldn't stop talking about him, and this was despite the fact that he was useless (though not according to you who believes that "he is a great driver in a crappy car").

You need to understand that the Brits haven't had an F1 champion in a long time, and that after being disappointed by Button and Coulthard, they finally have someone to cheer for.
You also need to understand I apologized for what I said. Or do you have a habit of not reading an entire thread? You also need to understand that your last point applies to Americans as well. Sit and think about that for a while.

And it's not media buzz. It's media bias. That guy could do nothing wrong. They said he was screwed over by McLaren in Monaco, but he wasn't. That was complete and total BS on the part of the media. Peter Windsor was saying everything he was doing in Brazil was brilliant. What utter crap. He threw away all hope for the title by making a stupid overtaking chance. Which everyone kissed his ass for at the beginning of the season. Yet he drove better than everyone according to Peter. Say what you will about the gearbox, but the saviour of British F1 screwed the pooch and the British media is too proud to admit it.And ol Lewis knows he is the golden boy, so he can get away with anything. He has this smug little smile on his face that really irritates me. Just like MS had. There is such thing as too much hype or coverage. It's like hearing the same song too many times on the radio. It gets old, and so does the ass kissing of Lewis Hamilton.

Do you know anything about Scott Speed? Do you understand the impact the disease Ulcerative Colitis has had on his life? And that by doing whatever it took to get into F1 he has probably shortened his life? So the two drivers have very different circumstances on why they are in, or in Sctotts case were, Formula 1.

But please, don't get me wrong. The guy has boatloads of talent, is damn good at what he does. I know that and applaud him for it. I'm just tired of hearing about it. Let his driving do the talking, or like most things the media will ruin it for all of us.
Last edited by Ray on 07 Dec 2007, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

f1.redbaron

Of course their media is biased. Just like Canadian media is biased towards Canadian hockey, basketball, football, players, etc. American media is biased towards American athletes. Why wouldn't the Brits be allowed to favour their athletes (God knows, they need it after the Euro cup qualifying).

But I've read several of your posts where you have complained about how the media is biased towards Hamilton. OK, we got the point. You were right the first time, no sense in repeating it. Leave what the media writes about LH alone. You can't change the fact that they are just being...well, media!

But, regardless of how much you hate him, despite all the bias and BS you hear about him, he was flying on that lap. I can't wait to see him do a dry lap.

Ray

f1.redbaron wrote: But, regardless of how much you hate him, despite all the bias and BS you hear about him, he was flying on that lap. I can't wait to see him do a dry lap.
I don't hate him at all. Never meant to imply that I did. He's an outstanding driver and I've said as much quite a few times. Yes, he was flying but he also cut a few corners. Which I will say isn't that big a deal, but where I from, cutting corners is really frowned upon. He was quite funny when he was driving too. I never thought that he was a comedian!

f1.redbaron

Maybe I missed it, but I only saw one - when he was going into the hammerhead. The other ones, through the grass, were OK in my opinion. That's what you see them doing during races, anyways.