Jerez Testing Dec 3-Dec 5

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
megz

Jerez Testing Dec 3-Dec 5

Toyota are already compensating for their dismal performance this year

[IMG:577:385]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m39/ ... sation.jpg[/img]

Slicks are being tested over the next 3 days but I'm yet to see a picture of a car running them. GP.Update.com has pictures of them running on intermediates in low light so I'm thinking it was damp in the morning. Nick Heidfeld ran fastest clocking a 1.20.048 or somthing around about there :P Button 2nd de la Rosa 3rd? (can't remember who was third actually) Raikkonen 4th

Lewis is expected tomorrow

rsfocus
rsfocus

here you go, the cars look so much better. not like they are running old scalextric tyres...

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/91720

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/91718

[/img]

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Ross Brawn in Honda gear.
Does anyone have a clue as to what that ¨thing¨ on the rear end of McLrens sidepod is :?: At the end of the Vodaphone logo.Image
Slicks!Image
Toyota without traditional large bargeboards.Image
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

kimi
kimi

Both Button and Nick ran on the slicks,whereas both the Ferraris and the McLarens ran on the grooved ones.

But Honda has certainly improved as shown by their pace at Jerez.Nice to see RB on the track after one long year. :)

m3_lover

How come honda is not running the black paint to there cars?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

mini696

Because they are still running their old car, and don't see the need to spend the extra money in repainting their cars black.
Supporting:
Mark "It happens" Webber
McLaren

scarbs
scarbs

mx_tifosi wrote:Does anyone have a clue as to what that ¨thing¨ on the rear end of McLrens sidepod is :?: At the end of the Vodaphone logo.

Toyota without traditional large bargeboards
The McLaren pod on the sidepod is a thermal camera for checking tyre temperatures.

Those are Toyotas usual bargeboards, they dont run the large format boards of other teams.

mahesh248
mahesh248

All the cars look like they are having a similar front end . What do you guys think about it .

axle
axle

m3_lover wrote:How come honda is not running the black paint to there cars?
they are in Honda Racing's traditional Championship White. At the moment (pre 2008 car launch) there is pretty much nothing to hide...so no need for black.
- Axle

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Thank you Scarbs.

I just noticed Super Aguri´s new livery from todays pics. Looks pretty good to me.Image
Edit:
Toyota has a new rear end for this testing period, and along with it a new(?) cut-out on the bottom of their engine cover. What purpose does it serve on the TF107 :?: Thank you in advance.Image A reason I came up with is, that if the engine cover was left whole, it would extend too far out, and thus it needed to be shorter (thus the need for the cut-out). Am I close? Or maybe some other aero purpose. :?
The cut-out wasn´t there earlier on in the season, as this picture will tell. :arrow: http://www.toyota-f1.com/public/images/ ... in/car.jpg

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

many teams tested today slicks with the planned 2009 downforce levels.

Nick Heidfeld worked on that all day long.

I sincerely hope his lap time doesn't reflect the lap times we'll see in 2009 tough.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Super Aguri running the RA-107-SA?

I saw the thin nose and I thought that the SA-07/RA-106 had a wide nose???

Conceptual
Conceptual

mx_tifosi wrote:Thank you Scarbs.

I just noticed Super Aguri´s new livery from todays pics. Looks pretty good to me.Image
Edit:
Toyota has a new rear end for this testing period, and along with it a new(?) cut-out on the bottom of their engine cover. What purpose does it serve on the TF107 :?: Thank you in advance.Image A reason I came up with is, that if the engine cover was left whole, it would extend too far out, and thus it needed to be shorter (thus the need for the cut-out). Am I close? Or maybe some other aero purpose. :?
The cut-out wasn´t there earlier on in the season, as this picture will tell. :arrow: http://www.toyota-f1.com/public/images/ ... in/car.jpg
Does that Toyota pic show that there is only 1 exhause opening, or is that a trick of the angle the picture was taken???

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Conceptual, the TF107 does have two exhaust openings, but the angle of the picture is capable of deceiving some. The right side exhaust is hidden by the right side of the rear wing, and the cut-out of the engine cover alows the left exhaust to be seen.

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi