Force India 2008 possible drivers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bar555
bar555

Force India 2008 possible drivers

Too many drivers candidates for Force India till now

At least 9 candidates for only 3 seats

Possible drivers
1.Giancarlo Fisichella ( likely an ex-Renault driver )
2.Ralf Schumacher ( too expensive for the job but whoever knows)
3.Franck Montagny ( maybe a major candidate for the test driver seat or for the second race seat , already tested for Toyota)
4.Tonio Liuzzi ( candidate for the test driver seat also )
5.Roldan Rodriguez ( candidate for the test driver seat also but with little experience )
6.Giedo van der Garde ( candidate for the test driver seat also )
7.Adrian Sutil ( Major candidate for a race seat )
8.Sakon Yamamoto ( poor results but rich sponsor )
9.Christian Klien ( Unlikely to challenge for any of the 3 seats , already tested for Honda F1)

AND do NOT forget KARTHIKEYAN , he may be a serious candidate , after all he is the only Indian F1 driver till now

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

You can most likely rule out Ralf, as he said he was merely doing a favour for the FIF1 owner. And that he was just there because he was an experienced driver, which FIF1 needed.

:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64306

:arrow: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/12/ ... ime-in-f1/
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PNSD
PNSD

bar555.
firstly Sutil is already signed for F1F1.
secondly, Klien's testing role for Honda last year has nothing to do with his chances for the drive because he no longer is contracted to Honda.
Thirdly, he has been so far easily the quickest out of the candidates.

modbaraban
modbaraban

I think it's Sutil and Klien. However I'd like to see Fisico in FIF1 too as he has a gift of making the most of crappy cars.

axle
axle

Fizzi + Klien.
Sutil relegated or sold.

That's my guess.
- Axle

modbaraban
modbaraban

I reckon Sutil's position is the strongest. He'll be in the team if doesn't sign for Maccas.

HKS

Sutil and Fisi :)

Come on India

Go India Go!!!!!!! :)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

ForceI
ForceI

I think it will be Sutil who had a shakey begining to last season but really came strong towards the end and Klien who was quick in testing and with his year testing could prove good in the creation of a good car.

Just read Mallya wants for the team to be getting podiums by 2010 and to at least get a podium in the 2010 Indian GP. I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a week the day the team gets another podium and first since being taken over from Jordan

rghai6
rghai6

@PSLD :
I remember reading somewhere Roldan has a contract with the team as well for 2008. 2nd test driver ?

PNSD
PNSD

No idea on that one.
But i am 100% sure Sutil is a contract for a race drive. google it.

I would go for Sutil and Klien, and have Giancarlo as a test driver.

Then if I was Ron I would stick Ralf in that Mclaren. We know what Ralf can do in a good car, and tbh I think in a Mclaren he would be pretty handy. my opinion though, and I doubt many of you share it :p

Iciano

I agree, Sutil and Klien seem to be the best bet.
However I'd love to see Adam Carroll(yes, i know im a little biased!! =P) get a chance. He's proven that he's a great racer, and exciting to watch to boot. But as ever, no money = no drive.