Super Aguri : buyout / collapse

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Super Aguri : buyout / collapse

Thanks, checkered for the Mark Gallagher piece. I couldn't have put it any better. It is fine and good that the PTB are harvesting the billions that the motor manufacturers are pumping into F1 but it needs to keep at least a tiny aspect of being a sport. Aguri Suzuki has not done anything wrong and has demonstrated that sporting success can be achieved with a minimum of resources compared to an over funded corporate team. Their demise is proof of the rot that has befallen F1. If an entrepreneur like Suzuki gets his company killed off by such a sorry failure like Nick Fry who can manipulate the financial foundations it is time for a big rethink. I hope it will come soon. The FIA have almost done what they could to help keeping the smaller teams in business and get a company like Prodrive on board. This time one has to say that Bernie really has screwed up badly by his lousy handling of the commercial affairs (concord). We had Jordan going out years ago and it wasn't the wake up call we thought it would be. probably this time the Darwinists will again close their eyes and enjoy Rome burning.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Bob Brown

Re: Super Aguri : buyout / collapse

looks like Sato could test for Renault in teh summer YAY !!!

even though I think Renault is just using sakon and sato for their japanese money sponsors, just glad that Sato will remain in F1

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5630.shtml