F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Project Four
Project Four

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

On March 16 2000, the Benetton team was sold to Renault for $120 million US, but the Benetton name stayed until 2002, when it changed to Renault F1. During their final season in 2001, their drivers were Jenson Button and Giancarlo Fisichella and in Renault’s first year (2002)the drivers were Jenson Button and Jarno Trulli. Button finished higher in the championship than Trulli but was replaced at the end of the year with a certain Mr Alonso.

My question is the Ferrari Tipo 049 engine is a 2,997cc V-10 90-degree engine, but what is its firing order ?

Belatti
Belatti

Type 049
Configuration: 90 degree V
Capacity: 2,997cc
Bore: 96.0
Stroke: 41.4
Conrod: 110.0
Compression ratio: 12.0 to 1
Length: 615 to flywheel
Width: 597.6
Height: 365.5
Weight: 106kg with clutch
C of G height: 187
Firing order: 1-10-5-6-2-9-3-8-4-7
Cylinder #1: Front right
Valvesprings: Pnuematic pressurised to 200 bar
700cc nitrogen canister
Included valve angle: 25 degrees in side view
6 degrees in front view
Camshaft drive: Straight cut gears, locked
ECU: Magneti Marelli Step 9
Fuel system: One Marelli injector per cyl
10 bar pressure
Mechanical fuel pump
Cooling system: Centrifigal pump 3.5 to 3.75 bar
Oil system: Gear type pressure pump at 1 to 2 bar
10 eaton type scavenge crankcase
2 eaton type scavenge cylinder heads
1 eaton type de-aerator
Intake system: Electrohydraulic butterfly control
Electrohydraulic variable length air horns
Cylinder block: Investment cast aluminium, 7 percent silicon
Cylinder head: Sand cast aluminium
Rocker covers: Investment cast aluminium
Liners: Wet type, nikasil coated alloy
Crankshaft: Vacuum cast extruded billet
Six main bearing
Tungsten balance weights
Camshaft: Vacuum cast extruded billet
Intake valves: 40.4 titanium
Exhaust valves: 33.0 ceramic coated titanium
Valve lift: 15.5 intake
14.1 exhaust
Pistons: Mahle forging
Aluminium/beryllium (later banned)
Connecting rod: Forged titanium
Torsional dampers: Rear mounted on camshafts
Exhaust system: Inconel, 5 into 1

What was the car that had 6 rear wheels, was tested but never raced? (specify year, team and chasis number)
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Carlos
Carlos

There were several 6 wheelers built, tested but never raced, Ferrari 312T6, March's was the 0-2-4 in 1977 and William's car was a converted test mule FW07E/08 in 1981, some worthy F1T technophiles must have more details and data :D

Williams 6 wheel 1981

Belatti - I think I got the question wrong - did you mean 6 rear wheels and 2 front wheels?

dumrick
dumrick

I never heard anything about a Formula 1 with 6 rear wheels. I'm anxious to discover it, but this one seems too much for our fellow forumers... can we ask you to change the question?

Belatti
Belatti

No Carlos, you got the question right!!! Sorry, I wrote it wrong :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was trying to say 6 wheels, 4 rear.

The thing is Carlos answer exeeded my knowledge (I only knew about the Williams)
Now, here is a pic of the March (not much info about it):

About the Ferrari 312, I have only found a scale model pic.

Carlos, dumrick, your turn now...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

dumrick
dumrick

Belatti wrote:Now, here is a pic of the March (not much info about it):
There is a fairly complete page about it at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_2-4-0

Which member of a royal family made it into the entry list of a F1 GP, before the entry list disappeared and a new one was done without his entry? Name, GP and car number assigned.

Project Four
Project Four

Jorge de Bagration was an entrant on the official list of the Spanish Grand Prix 1974, He had bought a Surtees TS16 for this race, and he was included on the entry list. The Surtees was decorated in the colours of his sponsors namely Escudería Calvo Sotelo and El Corte Inglés. But his efforts fell victim to a very unusual set of circumstances. Unfortunately the entry list was mislaid as the outgoing president of the Spanish Motor Sport Federation cleared his office. When a new entry list was drawn up, in the light of some sponsorship problems that de Bagration was experiencing, he was omitted from it.

My question, driven by a world champion my one and only start was at that year's French Grand Prix I qualified 8th and finished 4th, name the constructor and name the year

Tom

I think its a bit of a trick question. The team (and therefore the constructor?) was a private entry by Juan Manuel Fangio although the car was a Maserati. The year 1958 and Fangio's final race.

Assuming I'm correct; How and when did Alain Prost break his nose (the first time)?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Project Four
Project Four

Alain Prost broke his nose while at school and has been quote as
Alain was asked, if boxing did account for his crooked nose, Alain answered: "Ah, non! It has been broken four times, you know. First time in a car accident on the road, second time showing the police how the accident happened... no, no, second time on roller skates, third time falling down stairs, fourth time falling off someone's shoulders..."
So I would say when he was at school and in a car accident

If this is correct, my question is I qualified 9th on my F1 debut and was going to sign with team, but never did. However I became the 71st driver to sign for my next team with whom I stayed for my whole career, Who am I ??

Belatti
Belatti

Easy: Gilles Villeneuve :D

So here´s a quiz you all dancing queens: I played drums and race, too. My former band put their logo on the cars in my debut race.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Belatti wrote:Easy: Gilles Villeneuve :D

So here´s a quiz you all dancing queens: I played drums and race, too. My former band put their logo on the cars in my debut race.
Being a drummer myself there's only 1 F1 drummer I can think of and his name is EddieJordan.

In case that is correct her's mine:

Some say he has 6 feet and that he finished his debut season in Puchon :roll: .
All we know is that he's called: .......................... ?

dumrick
dumrick

modbaraban wrote:
Belatti wrote:Easy: Gilles Villeneuve :D

Being a drummer myself there's only 1 F1 drummer I can think of and his name is EddieJordan.

In case that is correct
It isn't. Not even with Belatti's clues? #-o

The answer is Slim Borgudd and the connection between him and Abba (apart from a sponsorship) aren't as usually reported. IIRC, he has been only in studio once with the band.

Reca
Reca

Belatti wrote: About the Ferrari 312, I have only found a scale model pic.

Belatti
Belatti

dumrick you are right :D
Its your turn now!

BTW: thanks Recca, that is Carlos Reutemann testing that weird thing. It seems to have 2 front wheels at the back! :shock:

Belatti
Belatti

I´ll ask another quiz (dumrick is on holidays :wink: ) cause this is funnier than reading 10,000 opinions about Mosley (BTW, see that I didn´t posted there, its useless, Max just leave please...)

I have 135 DNFs in 214 races, who am I?