Alonso to Ferrari in 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti

Alonso to Ferrari in 2010

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20397.html

Till now, only a rumor...

:-({|=
Last edited by Belatti on 24 May 2008, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Mr Alcatraz

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2010

Belatti wrote:http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20397.html

Till now, only a rumour...

:-({|=
Good for Fred! It is still a rumor :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

bhall

No.
No.
No.
No.
No!

gcdugas

Nico will go there in 2010. He is technically minded, a team player, not disruptive and FAST. He will be the top prize when his contract runs out.
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

Miguel

bhallg2k wrote:No.
No.
No.
No.
No!
LOL. A friend of mine is a blind Ferrari fan. He is also an ex-smoker that, of course, smoked the "codebar cigarretes". Additionally, he also hates Fernando. Should this become true, I'll be pulling his leg for a loong loong time. I understand that Fernando in Ferrari is some tifosi's worst nightmare which makes it all more fun. It's healthy, though, the same as someone pulling my leg with williams pace (hopefully not in monaco!).
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

salilp

In today's qual the star sports commentators were speculating Alonso joining BMW next year

Belatti

Yeah, there are also running words about Honda and Toyota, it´s too early even to speculate, so I don´t know why the f*ck I started this thread :roll:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

WhiteBlue

It looks like Alonso is settling in at Renault. First he tellst the media Briatore iks like a father. then:
At the end of last year when I had to choose which team to move to, I think Renault was the best option,” he said.

“And in fact this year we are seeing the results. We are in front of the other possibilities that I had – in terms of Toyota, Red Bull and all these teams, we are in front of them.

“So I’m happy with my decision, and for sure, comparing this year and last year I’m much happier this year because, OK, I’m sixth or seventh, but everyone wants me to be sixth or seventh, or if I can win they will be very happy.

“Last year that was not the case, so I am very happy this year.”
So why is Alonso suddenly a team player? because he wants to stay with Renault 2009?
And why stay with Renault?
Because the 2010 Ferrari rumors are right?

It fits with the Keke Rosberg generated rumor that Kimi will finish his carreer soon. Montezemolo who calls the shots in Maranello is an Alonso fan but he would not have Alonso and Kimi in the same team.

Alonso this year and probably next year is the most unterutilized top driver in F1 for a long time. but that isn't so surprising considering his temperamentfull relationship with McLaren. He can be as damaging as he can be usefull to a team at times.

Personally I see it as character building for Alonso. He will learn something. All great drivers had set backs in their carreers and he may come out of it with some great triumphes in 2010.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

JamesS

I think its more likely Alonso will go to BMW. Heidfield is not keeping pace with Kubica and Alonso said this weekend he will follow the performance.

Tom H

Hmm, I doubt this. I'm thinking more BMW. :o

Rob W

So far this year Alonso has shown he is a driver who can wring a hell of a lot out of an under performing car.

R

Chaparral

Rob W wrote:So far this year Alonso has shown he is a driver who can wring a hell of a lot out of an under performing car.

R
As he did in 2005/06 in the Renault - hes the real deal forget about all the other media crap and speculation from the forum whores :)
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

bar555

If Alonso leaves Renault then who is going to take his place ?

A domino game would start and i predict Kovalainen would be back to Renault and Adrian Sutil (German) becoming the 2nd Mc Laren-Mercedes driver . I think you can guess why
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

dumrick

Rob W wrote:So far this year Alonso has shown he is a driver who can wring a hell of a lot out of an under performing car.

R
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but also has he really performed better than Fisichella last year, in what seemed to be an even inferior car?
Also, is Renault allowing a fair comparison with the team mate? Nelson is struggling allright, but wasn't Heikki this time last year also? Isn't Renault developing into a "rookie-grinding machine"? The same Renault that before giving Alonso their debut gave him a full year testing duties and payed for a F1 season at Minardi?

Miguel

dumrick wrote: Has he really performed better than Fisichella last year, in what seemed to be an even inferior car?
Yes. The current renault may be, in terms of raw pace, closer to Ferrari/McLaren than the R27, but losing a tenth in qualifying means going back many positions. In the same conditions, Webber is also racing beautifully, although initial lack of pace with grooved tires in the last stint really hindered his finishing position.
Also, is Renault allowing a fair comparison with the team mate? Nelson is struggling allright, but wasn't Heikki this time last year also?
Heikki wasn't struggling nearly as bad as Nelsinho. OK, his races at Monaco and Melbourne are forgettable, but I still consider Heikki a much better driver than Piquet. On the other hand, Nelsinho is probably suffering what I call "the hamilton contract": an assumtion I've made that, by contract, Alonso isn't forced to share his telemetry or setup with a teammate on a race weekend. This clause is going to harm rookies a lot.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr