Next FIA president? Next FOM CEO?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Re: Next FIA president? Next FOM CEO?

freedom_honda wrote:Bernie's issued an apology that isn't really an apology. All he did was wrote the word apology in the first sentence. Then the rest of the statement was bitching about politicians can't do their job properly. I'm really fed up with this guy honestly.
Agreed.
I'm tired of statements like that released with the help of lawyers as to not admit guilt. Either apologize or don't. Do not fool around.

jddh1

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76759

Some interesting information on the FiA presidential election details.
wow. these new rules benefit mosley entirely. I can see nominating 3-5 cabinet members, but 22? come on! not even the US president has to do that.

WhiteBlue

A pretty good piece from Joe Saward's blog

No-one in the world thinks Hitler was a good guy. And even if Bernie was joking (which I am sure he was) it shows that he has no understanding of what the man in the street thinks about the world. One does not joke about Hitler, at least not to journalists from The Times.

What does it all mean? That is what I asked last week.

The answer is that it means that, whether we like it or not, the people who run F1 are not always in touch with reality.

And what counts is reality because reality is the person who puts his hand in his pocket and pays to go to see an F1 race… When all is said and done, the sport survives or dies on the very simple theory of “bums on seats”. If the sports drives away the fans, it will die.

What the sport needs is people who understand what people want. They do not want people praising Hitler, nor indulging in bizarre sexual rituals and justifying it as being normal.

They want racing cars going very fast, being driven by heroes…
Bernie can go and join his pal Adolf, as far as I am concerned. And hopefully the FiA finds a suitable candidate to replace Max Mosley so that we do not have to watch the drama of a re-election campaign.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 689736.ece

This could be acceleratings things at a convenient time.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

The FOZ
The FOZ

While I know it isn't about to happen anytime soon, and I wouldn't want it to happen at the expense of his team's success, I would love to see Ross Brawn as FIA president someday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76932

This is him answering questions about Reubens' comments about the German GP. Were it Max, or Bernie, or just about anybody else, the replies would have been divisive, inflammatory, controversial, and completely lacking diplomacy and tact.

Look what you get with Ross, then imagine what he could do as FIA president.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Mad Max definatley not standing for re-election. Official.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... 150709.pdf

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

jddh1

ben_watkins wrote:Mad Max definatley not standing for re-election. Official.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... 150709.pdf

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I still want the Fin to win though, not Todt, and I'm a Ferrari fan. Just saying that Todt is from the old school, whereas the Fin sounds like fresh blood with fresh ideas. Perhaps he can even fix the WRC and have some good competition there with innovation back in the sport.

WhiteBlue

I don't think that Jean Todt is a suitable candidate if he finally puts his hat in the ring. He is knowledgable and very hard working. But he is also not a charming personality who could - in a crisis - make a difference by using many personal relationships to overcome it. He is too much a one sided partisan person to be the next FIA president. I'm a bit disappointed there.

Richard
Richard

ben_watkins wrote:Bernie's latest excuse..

"I did not put Hitler up as a good example, but I simply pointed out that before his terrible crimes, he had acted successfully against unemployment and the economic crisis." #-o :^o :^o :^o #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There are many more examples of better economists! Especially when the question put to him was about dictators. [-X
I think Bernie will find the pecking order for putting plans into action has Mao in the lead closely followed by Stalin.

timbo
timbo

I think Jean is much better for teams than Mosley because he's not lawyer, therefore an agreement for him is hopefully IS agreement and not some sort of material for further interpretations.

jddh1

WhiteBlue wrote:I don't think that Jean Todt is a suitable candidate if he finally puts his hat in the ring. He is knowledgable and very hard working. But he is also not a charming personality who could - in a crisis - make a difference by using many personal relationships to overcome it. He is too much a one sided partisan person to be the next FIA president. I'm a bit disappointed there.
Yep.
USGP FIAsco a few years back comes to mind as an example. He did not agree to any of the solutions set forth by other teams. Yes, Ferrari got a win that day but I'm not proud of it.

In a less serious argument: He's French. :lol:

dave34m
dave34m

Nearly 100 messages from FIA member clubs urging him to think again, really, who the heck would those be from. I cant imagine how so many clubs could possibly support someone like him. He has so damaged F1, nearly brought it too its knees.

Good bye Max, you will not be missed.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

those messages of support will have been from the smallest countries in the FIA, none of the biggest members such as Euro or US members would have written to him...

Unless they too had naughty sex secrets he knew about!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

freedom_honda

I really hope Jean doesn't become the next FIA president. or FIA will turn into Ferrari International Assistance again.

jddh1

freedom_honda wrote:I really hope Jean doesn't become the next FIA president. or FIA will turn into Ferrari International Assistance again.
Don't be silly.