Alonso: "I'll do anything to help Massa"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
megz

Alonso: "I'll do anything to help Massa"

In a bit of shock announcement Alonso revealed to Spanish reporters that he will do anything to support Massa in the two coming races.

Felipe Massa has received the support of double world champion Fernando Alonso as the Brazilian fights for the 2008 F1 championship title. Renault driver Alonso has revealed he will do whatever he can to help Massa winning the championship.

When asked by Spanish reporters if Alonso is willing to help Felipe Massa the Spaniard replied: "Yes, absolutely. If I'm able to help Massa I certainly will."

Felipe Massa finished seventh at the Fuji Speedway while championship leader Lewis Hamilton did not score any points. Massa is, with two races to go, five points behind on Hamilton.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/10/ ... elp-massa/

Interesting, wonder if it is just to spite Hamilton for last year, or has Hamilton just made a LOT of enemies in the paddock? Kubica and Webber both believe he drives WAY too aggressively, Massa is his title rival so automatically doesn't like him :P and now Alonso is pledging allegiance to Massa.

JamesS

Re: Alonso: "I'll do anything to help Massa"

megz wrote:In a bit of shock announcement Alonso revealed to Spanish reporters that he will do anything to support Massa in the two coming races.

Felipe Massa has received the support of double world champion Fernando Alonso as the Brazilian fights for the 2008 F1 championship title. Renault driver Alonso has revealed he will do whatever he can to help Massa winning the championship.

When asked by Spanish reporters if Alonso is willing to help Felipe Massa the Spaniard replied: "Yes, absolutely. If I'm able to help Massa I certainly will."

Felipe Massa finished seventh at the Fuji Speedway while championship leader Lewis Hamilton did not score any points. Massa is, with two races to go, five points behind on Hamilton.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/10/ ... elp-massa/

Interesting, wonder if it is just to spite Hamilton for last year, or has Hamilton just made a LOT of enemies in the paddock? Kubica and Webber both believe he drives WAY too aggressively, Massa is his title rival so automatically doesn't like him :P and now Alonso is pledging allegiance to Massa.
After Webber's driving when Massa was overtaking on the straight, Webber is the last driver who can claim Hamilton drives dangerously. The guy (Webber) is an idiot with illusions of grandeur.

Scuderia_Russ

JamesS wrote:
After Webber's driving when Massa was overtaking on the straight, Webber is the last driver who can claim Hamilton drives dangerously. The guy (Webber) is an idiot with illusions of grandeur.
+1
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Scuderia_Russ

megz wrote:In a bit of shock announcement Alonso revealed to Spanish reporters that he will do anything to support Massa in the two coming races.
Actually thinking about it, not only isn't it a shock, it's not exactly an announcement either!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

woohoo

JamesS wrote:

I would say that Webber's maneuver would qualify as the "one move rule"
He was on the left, moved as far right as he could. Massa's should (and could) have passed Webber on the right, not on the left.
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

Steven
Owner

JamesS wrote:After Webber's driving when Massa was overtaking on the straight, Webber is the last driver who can claim Hamilton drives dangerously. The guy (Webber) is an idiot with illusions of grandeur.
If you judge that from the defence of his position at Fuji, then I suggest you look again. It was Massa who made it dangerous by going right of Webber, rather than choosing the clear track on his left.

And as for Alonso's announcement, he actually said "if I had to choose, I would help Massa" , nothing alike this topic's title.

Conceptual

The only help that Alonso can give Massa is to dig up the pavement that was used to cap the pit lane gravel trap in Shanghai... :twisted:

ben_watkins

Alonso wrote:"Yes, no doubt, if I can help, I will help Massa."
I read it as "yes I really want to drive a Ferrari soon, so I'll say & do anything to make it happen"
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

guy_smiley

ben_watkins wrote: I read it as "yes I really want to drive a Ferrari soon, so I'll say & do anything to make it happen"
hehe i thought this was about 50% and his feelings toward mclaren were the other 50%. unlike megz, i wasnt shocked at all. to me its just kinda like asking him "since you cant win the championship, who would you like to see win?" i think the whole thing is really harmless; im surprised there was a thread started (and here i am commenting :D) anyway if something should happen to massa, i hope alonso would do the same for kubica! :D
Smiles all 'round!

Belatti

If Alonso had the mouth of Raikkonen, then we would have the perfect F1 driver.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

The FOZ

It just doesn't get better than this!

Alonso digs himself into more holes than anyone in F1. Except maybe Bernie. And Max. And a few others. But seriously, he must not care at all what Flavio and the Renault crew will think of this. Or else he doesn't expect to be spending much more time with them.

I think Fernando's perked up in the last few races, and is now once again genuinely believing in his own abilities. Given how little Renault has done with their engines this year, nothing short of great luck and an equally great driver can result in two straight wins. So it's no surprise that his ego has grown to it's old proportion

Rob W

I posted this in another thread but thought it would be better here

I think they overstate almost every headline they ever write compared to what was actually said by the person. To say he 'vows' is stretching it a bit. Maybe the question was: "when you move to Ferrari will you be supportive of your team-mate?" and the reply was: "Yes, no doubt, if I can help, I will help Massa"..

This is the level of journalism I wouldn't put past most of the muppets out there.

It's no secret there is no love lost between Alonso and Hamilton, but I guarantee he spends 99.99% of his time worrying about what he is doing to earn wins and not what everyone else is up to.

R

Ray

The FOZ wrote: So it's no surprise that his ego has grown to it's old proportion
Guess someone beats the best in the world twice running, not to mention a 7 times WDC, and it's shameful to have a little bit of an ego? Geez, you must never feel the least bit proud about your accomplishments. Alonso earned the right to speak his mind about any driver in F1 right now. He's beaten them all. A 2 times WDC is nothing to sneeze at.

Why does everyone believe what journalists report as fact. Alonso has been misquoted and his comments blown so out of proportion it's ridiculous.

wesley123

Alonso is sick, that he dont like mclaren ok. But that he have to give a kick after it isnt normal. I think he is asskissing as hell, he only want to drive for Ferrari and will do anything for it. It wouldnt even wonder me if he calls domenicali every day to ask if there is allready space for him
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Ciro Pabón

Heck, if I were driving a Force India I would help Massa.

Take in account I have NOT been fired from McLaren because of Hamilton manouvering... imagine if I had been. :)

Allow me to go deep into paradigms (how I hate that word!).

Frankly, Alonso reminds me of Muhammed Ali.

Is this man sick? If yes, whith what? With greatness? :)

Some of you must remember when people yelled at Ali: "lift the left hand!".

Ali did NOT guarded his face. He wasn't planning to do it, he simply couldn't do it in a different way, and even with that, he was the greatest. The greatest fighter, but over all, the greatest to watch. It took me one minute to find these two pictures...

Why guard myself with the left...

...if I don't need to?

Alonso is the only guy you watch to learn how to do it.

If you watch Hamilton and Massa, is to learn how not to do it. :)

This year's championship is unbelievable. Someone has to say to Hamilton and Massa to grow up. Yes, I know about "racing rage", but the chain of mistakes these two guys had made is amazing.

Even Alonso, if he were in a McLaren or a Ferrari would have beat these pair of morons, hands down, just like Ali. You could also, easily, bring forward comparisons to the "race of turtles" we have now for the american presidency. It's a case of who's less incompetent.

So, I find totally understandable Alonso's heart leaning for the less "Palin-like" of the two contendors. :D After all, Alonso is head and shoulders over his competition, that's clear as water.

Ali at the Olympics. That's what I call stature.

Talking about stature, just imagine how many points Schumacher would have amassed under the same circumstances. Schumi would have won this championship around August. :)

Of course, I can remember that this kind of attitude against Shivers and others, in his later fights, is what took Ali to "Parkinson's road". I hope Alonso does not get the same kind of beating in his later years. After all, Ali's physician left him after that fight with Shivers, claiming he couldn't watch him any more. :(
Ciro