News from Force India.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
timbo

Re: News from Force India.

ISLAMATRON wrote:VJ securing the Benz customer car team has already made him the most shrewd of all the independents thus far, he will get a better car than Williams, RBR, STR, & SAR for a fraction of the price. HE may even get quality driver for free with the same deal. Di Resta may be the best open wheel driver not in F1 (except MS of course), and he is signed with Benz.
From what I've read they would only have drivetrain, not chassis. In case they want a chassis, McLaren would have to make something like RedBull Technologies fake design group. And as far as I understand there was no official confirmation of Mercedes deal and if they fail to negotiate all terms of agreement VJ would make a fool of himself by leaving his team with no engines.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:VJ securing the Benz customer car team has already made him the most shrewd of all the independents thus far, he will get a better car than Williams, RBR, STR, & SAR for a fraction of the price. HE may even get quality driver for free with the same deal. Di Resta may be the best open wheel driver not in F1 (except MS of course), and he is signed with Benz.
From what I've read they would only have drivetrain, not chassis. In case they want a chassis, McLaren would have to make something like RedBull Technologies fake design group. And as far as I understand there was no official confirmation of Mercedes deal and if they fail to negotiate all terms of agreement VJ would make a fool of himself by leaving his team with no engines.
Fake design group stuff was under the old concorde, being that there is no current concorde they would only need the other teams to agree, and it doesnt even have to be unanimous anymore. It May be for drivetrain & monocoque but not body work... we shall see.

Conceptual

ISLAMATRON wrote:
timbo wrote:
Fake design group stuff was under the old concorde, being that there is no current concorde they would only need the other teams to agree, and it doesnt even have to be unanimous anymore. It May be for drivetrain & monocoque but not body work... we shall see.
That doesnt make Malliya brilliant, it makes him honest about the fact that he doesnt have the talent to do it himself.

Why try to actually be a constructor when you can circumvent the agreement on a technicality?

Ya know, maybe VJ does belong in F1 afterall. In the cut-throat, cheat till you get caught environment that it is today, the slime can actually rise to the top.

We will see at the end of 2009 for sure however, and until then I will give VJM the chance to prove himself before I make fun of him any more.

Conceptual

double post

ISLAMATRON

Conceptual wrote:That doesnt make Malliya brilliant, it makes him honest about the fact that he doesnt have the talent to do it himself.

Why try to actually be a constructor when you can circumvent the agreement on a technicality?

Ya know, maybe VJ does belong in F1 afterall. In the cut-throat, cheat till you get caught environment that it is today, the slime can actually rise to the top.

We will see at the end of 2009 for sure however, and until then I will give VJM the chance to prove himself before I make fun of him any more.
You must think the same of Frank Williams & co becuz this is exactly how they started... Same With Bernie's old team... this formula is nothing new, it is truied and tested.

Conceptual

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Conceptual wrote:That doesnt make Malliya brilliant, it makes him honest about the fact that he doesnt have the talent to do it himself.

You must think the same of Frank Williams & co becuz this is exactly how they started... Same With Bernie's old team... this formula is nothing new, it is truied and tested.

It never ceases to amaze me how people defend current events by citing precedence from a different era that had different rules.

Your argument means ZERO in today's F1, so why continue to use it?

ISLAMATRON

Conceptual wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how people defend current events by citing precedence from a different era that had different rules.

Your argument means ZERO in today's F1, so why continue to use it?
Do you not understand the concorde has expired? The rules do allow for it and thats why STR & SAR were doing it, and Prodrive based their business model on it.

It is an effective business practice for race teams and that is why it is coming back into favor.

Conceptual

How does that argument back up your previous (irrelevant) argument?

WhiteBlue

existing teams are enjoying too much protection over new teams. that is a fact. we have a lack of teams and they still let SA go bust which could have been avoided by minor changes in the rules. and now they basically allow customer cars for existing outfits. people have been talking about how bad customer cars are for all of the last three years. now all of the sudden that isn't true any more?

I say that in oder to work out the customer car modell requirers a market. If only the top 3 teams run customer outfits with identical cars it isn't much of a market. they should forget the shitty politicking and allow at least three more teams with a relegation formula for the worst and a chance for the best GP2 team. and for chassis there should be a madatory 1 year spec back rule to avoid 4 identical cars with the same chassis and drive train.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Chaparral

WhiteBlue wrote:existing teams are enjoying too much protection over new teams. that is a fact. we have a lack of teams and they still let SA go bust which could have been avoided by minor changes in the rules. and now they basically allow customer cars for existing outfits. people have been talking about how bad customer cars are for all of the last three years. now all of the sudden that isn't true any more?

I say that in oder to work out the customer car modell requirers a market. If only the top 3 teams run customer outfits with identical cars it isn't much of a market. they should forget the shitty politicking and allow at least three more teams with a relegation formula for the worst and a chance for the best GP2 team. and for chassis there should be a madatory 1 year spec back rule to avoid 4 identical cars with the same chassis and drive train.
Wow, only months ago on GP.com you were castigating David Richards and the idea of 'customer cars' - the field size according to what Ive always read/believed is 12 teams/24 cars - has something changed :?
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

ISLAMATRON

Well they dont get a customer chassis but they do get to run a V-10, should be worth something.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /8667.html

Giblet

Wait....the rules say it has to be a 2.4 v8. Did I miss something? Is a v10 allowed again for some reason?

Not a misprint?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

timbo

I bet it's a typo... Restricted V10 were allowed for 2006 season, and were run by Toro Rosso, but it is very unlikely that mercedes would restore V10 production for FI, unless they have a bunch of unused units stored somewhere.

ISLAMATRON

yes its a misprint, lets all calm down

Conceptual

If I was FI, I would be holding F1.com to that statement!

I'm sure that they would LOVE to run the 2005 V10...