Lewis third, Jarno given 25s penalty > Trulli 3rd, Lewis DSQ

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ben_watkins

Re: Lewis third, Jarno given 25s penalty > Trulli 3rd, Lewis DSQ

What is also a real shame is that Hamilton knew the rules better than the team did!

Shocking.

LH is one sorry puppy in that press conference. :oops: :oops:
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

kilcoo316

Two liars...

One takes the hit and the other comes out with crocodile tears.

Spencifer_Murphy

Lewis Hamilton wrote:I'm not a liar, I'm a team player, When I've been instructed by the team to do something, I've done it. I now realise it was a huge mistake and I'm learning from it
I sincerly hope so.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Shaddock

jddh1 wrote:As far as Schumi in Monaca, we dont' know because the radios then were not public.
But being impartial, and after carefully considering the evidence, you think it was an innocent mistake. =D> say no more.

vall

Chaparral wrote:"Every time I have been informed to do something I have done it.
That's veeeeery interesting statement, isn't it? He forgot what he did in Hungary 2007 very fast.

timbo

Shaddock wrote:But being impartial, and after carefully considering the evidence, you think it was an innocent mistake. =D> say no more.
Anyway MS received penalty. Why you're against FIA punishing Lewis?

Spencifer_Murphy

DaveKillens wrote:Just this act alone (divulging the innermost workings of a team) really lowers my opinion of Hamilton as a person. I have no doubt that Hamilton was under strict orders to make this statement, to implicate Ryan totally and paint him as the one totally responsible.
So Lewis Hamilton may be a very good driver. He is currently the WDC, and most likely will win more. He's that good. But as now revealed, he is not immune to the lowest levels of manipulation and deceit. Maybe he ought to think about a career in politics after racing. Or maybe selling used cars. Those people never lie to you, either.
That's a bit of a damning discription of someone you earlier in this thread said you cannot comment on as a person becuase he's a stranger isn't it davekillens?

I mean to go from not being able to comment to that is a huge leap.

I've been watching Hamilton race now for 6, maybe 7, years now (I found out about him through a former school friend who currently races in the BTCC...he watches more lower series racing than I do) and over the course of those 6 years I feel I have built up a much better and more detailed view of Lewis Hamilton "the person" than one can get through just two seasons in F1. (btw, I'm not saying "you've only seen him for 2 years, I know better, please don't take it that way, hell for all I know you could have been watching him for longer, this isn't a personal jibe)

His two years in F1 have been...mysifying at times tbh, baffling, because he's been doing things occasionally which seem, from my knowledge bank of him, out of character. Now I feel I know why, the Mclaren PR machine is indeed a complex and powerful machine...just not as well oiled as they like to think.

I for one see his admission of guilt a good thing and I don't think his punishment should be as big as Dave Ryan's because Dave is his boss who told him what to do.

Put it this way, when Frankie Carbo was charged with fixing Boxing matches, Jake LaMotta (the higest profile boxer who took a fall on Carbo's instructions as to ganrentee a title fight later on) recieved a penalty far less significant than Carbo's jail term.

I'm not in anyway trying to say tht "Lewis did nothing wrong." He ballsed up...he ballsed up BIG TIME. But being able to come forward and admit guilt is better than what most would have done. Schumi never admitted to Jerez '97, or Monanco '06 or Adelaide '94 and that's his choice and I don't feel it right to discuss what the truth of that maybe in this thread. The fact is that many people feel he did wrong and he didn't admit it. Now many feel Lewis did wrong, and now he's admitted it.

I find that commendable and, while I don't know any of you personally, I feel I'm faily safe in saying that it's pobably better than what most of us would have done in that situation, to sit in front of a press pack, on your own, and look at those people, as a World Champion and role model to thousands, and say "I was wrong, I made a huge mistake, I'm sorry" takes guts. And it's much more akin to what I've seen in Lewis' character over the past 6 or 7 years.

I don't feel he's been breifed by Mclaren on this confrence, being briefed has caused waaaay too many problems to start with. He deserves his 3rd place to be taken away, I agree with that. I feel that should be the end of it.

I hope he's learn't a lot. Hopefully he'll be himself more often in future than the eternal "team player" for Mclaren.

Spencifer_Murphy

vall wrote:
Chaparral wrote:"Every time I have been informed to do something I have done it.
That's veeeeery interesting statement, isn't it? He forgot what he did in Hungary 2007 very fast.
I'm not saying he didn't say that, but upon recollection I don't remember him saying that. I recall him saying:

"When I've been instructed by the team, generally I've done it."

timbo

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:
vall wrote:
I'm not saying he didn't say that, but upon recollection I don't remember him saying that. I recall him saying:

He did say exactly as others quoted. But, apparently, he didn't mention whom he does listen and in case of Hungary 2007 I believe he listened to his dad. So probably he didn't lie on that thing :) .
Now I only hope that person who tells him to go take a leak or eat something would never forget to do so :lol:

Spencifer_Murphy

timbo wrote:
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:I'm not saying he didn't say that, but upon recollection I don't remember him saying that. I recall him saying:

He did say exactly as others quoted. But, apparently, he didn't mention whom he does listen and in case of Hungary 2007 I believe he listened to his dad. So probably he didn't lie on that thing :)
Thanks for clearing that up timbo :wink:

modbaraban

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:
Lewis Hamilton wrote:I'm not a liar, I'm a team player, When I've been instructed by the team to do something, I've done it. I now realise it was a huge mistake and I'm learning from it
I sincerly hope so.
I don't. I've lost any respect to the man last year. Today's announcement of the World Champion Lewis Hamilton MBE was like of a schoolboy talking to a principal.

P A T H E T I C

McLaren would come out way better just keeping their mouth shut after the DQ without setting this circus around Ryan and Hamilton... this is a bloody disgrace for the great team and F1 in total.
Last edited by modbaraban on 03 Apr 2009, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

jddh1

Shaddock wrote:
jddh1 wrote:As far as Schumi in Monaca, we dont' know because the radios then were not public.
But being impartial, and after carefully considering the evidence, you think it was an innocent mistake. =D> say no more.
Are you kidding? You really think I think it was an honest mistake? Hell NO, my friend. It was no mistake. YOU should not be mistaken about that.

The difference however, is that he never admitted blame, for that incident or anything else he's done. Bravo for that, i say.

Hami, on the other hand, lied, then said he's sorry he lied, and whatnot happened. So, my point in all of this is that I believe he is naive and just doesn't know F1 as well as Schumi apparently did. This is a cruel sport. Don't admit to anything.
I think Vettel learned that lesson in a hurry as well. You have to agree with that, I hope.

JamesS

IMO it should be the end of it, but FIA being the FIA will no doubt take another opportunity to fine McLaren and possibly ruin their 2009 season for good.

Spencifer_Murphy

modbaraban wrote:
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:
I sincerly hope so.
I don't. I've lost any respect to the man last year. Today's announcement of the World Champion Lewis Hamilton MBE was like of a schoolboy talking to a principal.

P A T H E T I C

McLaren would come out way better just keeping their mouth shut after the DQ without setting this circus around Ryan and Hamilton... this is a bloody disgrace for the great team and F1 in total.
Yeh its really pathetic admitting to the world that you did something wrong :roll:

Hell it'd be FAR more correct, and much more "manly" to just shut your mouth and be arrogant and act like you've done nothing wrong and play the "The FIA are bullying us for no reason." card. because that's not pathetic in anyway.

To turn around and admit so the world that you lied, and you did wrong is anything BUT pathetic. To me, if they'd have kept their mouth shut they'd have been pathetic in as much as they don't have the balls to admit when they're wrong.

Its easy to look from the outside and say "I would have done that." but in that situation, with that sort of pressure you really don't know what you'll do.

It staggers me that someones public, and humiliating admission of guilt can be labeled as pathetic. Its amazing how "macho" people like to make out they can be, like they for even one moment can know what it's like to do what he's just done.

Spencifer_Murphy

JamesS wrote:IMO it should be the end of it, but FIA being the FIA will no doubt take another opportunity to fine McLaren and possibly ruin their 2009 season for good.
The MP4-24's done a pretty good job of that already lol!