What size foot fits in Flavio's Mouth????

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Conceptual

Re: What size foot fits in Flavio's Mouth????

Flavio cried about the engine freeze last year, and now the Renault engines are much stronger this year.

Flavio cried about the DDD, and now his team has introduced it in China.

Flavio will cry to get what he wants, every time, so don't let it bother you... It is simply his nature.

And xpensive, are you STILL alluding to the DDD being illegal? How much confirmation is required for you to stop your crying?

xpensive

The "innovative" diffusers are since Wednesday deemed legal, even if the Bavarians somehow seems to think otherwise.

The point is that it seems that other parties had similar ideas last year, but was rejected by CW, which might be the reason why Briatore's team were so fast with their own interpretation. Already rather succesful, even if the race was goofed up.

However, my heart goes out to Williams, which failed to make hay when they had the chance, come Barcelona the grandees will in all probability have cought up, while the garagistes might find themselves further at the back again.

All in all, it's just that Briatore is such an honest sob that he always gets shafted, don't you think? :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Conceptual

Flavio reminds me of a boss that I once worked with.

He had no idea as to how my job was done, no idea on what efficiencies were missed, no idea on how to make it more logical, and productive.

All he knew was that the way that it worked now made him more money.

He didn't care that it screwed myself and the other workers there, nor did he care that working 70 hrs a week took our personal lives from us.

All he cared was about HIS money.

That is who I see Flavio as, and when it comes to personell, the ends of profit do not justify the means.

xpensive

As far as I have learned, Briatore is on the contrary a great philantropist, giving away most of his money to charity?

timbo

Conceptual wrote:Flavio reminds me of a boss that I once worked with.

He had no idea as to how my job was done, no idea on what efficiencies were missed, no idea on how to make it more logical, and productive.

All he knew was that the way that it worked now made him more money.

He didn't care that it screwed myself and the other workers there, nor did he care that working 70 hrs a week took our personal lives from us.

All he cared was about HIS money.

That is who I see Flavio as, and when it comes to personell, the ends of profit do not justify the means.
You may not like Flavio, but that comparison is bullsh*t.
Didn't he win 4 WDC titles and 3 WCC titles with teams which budgets are much smaller than of their rivals?
For what I know he manages to create very efficient teams. And I don't think it is possible if you only care about YOUR money.

RH1300S

Yup - Flav does lots of moaning - and his last outburst over the Brawn money thing is pure sour grapes. I'm sure he says half of this stuff for effect.

I think he's great.........

He absolutely sees the big picture and has been telling it as it is for years now. You can't say he hasn't done a great job with the teams/budgets he has had over the years - I think that should mark him out as a very skilled manager.

He has rotten driver motivational skills :twisted: - but quite honestly, why shouldn't he call it as it is..............his driver does a crap job and he tells them. He should expect nothing but the best at that level. Has anyone noticed that the drivers he gives a roasting to are generally not very good??

timbo

RH1300S wrote:He has rotten driver motivational skills :twisted: - but quite honestly, why shouldn't he call it as it is..............his driver does a crap job and he tells them. He should expect nothing but the best at that level. Has anyone noticed that the drivers he gives a roasting to are generally not very good??
He seems to follow driver#1/driver#2 principle all the time. Maybe wrong but he knows how to keep first driver motivated, and at least he doesn't do Ron style equal drivers - you're equal but one of you would be trashed.

xpensive

To the best of my humble experience, the management style Conceptual is describing is just a very typical American such.

Briatore should be judged by his accomplishments, which are rather impressive I should say.

timbo

xpensive wrote:To the best of my humble experience, the management style Conceptual is describing is just a very typical American such.
Craig Pollock, huh? :)

xpensive

As I understand it, the old ski-instructor is actually Canadian, which makes him what...a half-American?

xpensive

The man is something else, guess Brawn never saw that one coming? :lol:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3802.shtml

DaveKillens

No matter your opinion of Flavio, he does get things done. And for those unfamiliar with his style, he never avoid controversy. Heck, for years he managed Benetton, one of the edgiest and most controversial teams and companies.
Look at the result, Flavio shoots his mouth off, and now it appears he's going to get a piece of the ppie.
This is how he gets your attention, with flares and a bullhorn.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Giblet

xpensive wrote:As I understand it, the old ski-instructor is actually Canadian, which makes him what...a half-American?

Bah. As a Canadian I hate the constant lumping with Americans.

I guess since there is no difference between Sweden, Norway, and Finland, you are what, one third Finn?

Heck I'm just gonna lump you with all of Europe, as there is really no difference right?

Silly Frenchman.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

donskar

xpensive wrote:To my mind, the man is a genious and his comments on Brawn's drivers and economy are right on the money(!).

If the FIA has deemed Brawn a "new" team, so they are, there is no need for "spirit of the rules" anymore, right?
AGREE
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ISLAMATRON

I'm scared for FOTA, as it is a great entity, but they are bound to go at each others throats... they should have worked it all out before the season started themselves and then presented their solution to the FIA... The leadership of FOTA let them down... they should have handled all this in house and not let the FIA and its kangaroo courts get between them.