What size foot fits in Flavio's Mouth????

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: What size foot fits in Flavio's Mouth????

Frenchman? Now...that's outight rude Giblet.

Anyway, I was living in Westmount, Montreal, for two years, why I guess I'm 4% Quebecois, how about that?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

DaveKillens

ISLAMATRON wrote:I'm scared for FOTA, as it is a great entity, but they are bound to go at each others throats... they should have worked it all out before the season started themselves and then presented their solution to the FIA... The leadership of FOTA let them down... they should have handled all this in house and not let the FIA and its kangaroo courts get between them.
Exactly. This is just one more obstacle thrown up by Max\Bernie. This time, indications were that Bernie\FOM would pay Brawn what was entitled to Honda. Lovely move, it now pits FOTA members against each other, fighting over money. I wonder if Flavio will be the one who destroys FOTA from the inside.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Giblet

xpensive wrote:Frenchman? Now...that's outight rude Giblet.

Anyway, I was living in Westmount, Montreal, for two years, why I guess I'm 4% Quebecois, how about that?

Whatever moniker you want to hang your hat on is fine by me. :)

I just wanted to let you know that most Canadians are not like Americans, and we fought hard and well for our sovereignty,and outright rude for a Canadian is being called an American.

Last night I was a little miffed at what I saw on television, and was feeling a bit patriotic.

I was watching game 3 of 7 of the Vancouver Canucks vs the St Louis Blues. The game was in St Louis, and the Canucks were up 2-0 in the series starting the game. 3-0 by the end.

The crowd started booing for our anthem, which the singer butchered, as if he didn't know how to sing it. The booing subsided for most of the song, but rose again in intensity towards the end. To their credit, other people in the crowd were cheering to try to drown them out, to show a little respect for the visiting team.

We simply don't do that here. Booing another country's anthem is not only taboo. it's just not done in any kind of professional sporting event.

This is just one of many reasons, that you aren't a Frenchman, and I'm not an American. :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

xpensive

As a European, I can still remember with anger when Alan Eagleson, after Team Canada had lost the 1981 Canada Cup final with 8-1, barged in on the Russian players' locker to take the Cup back, claiming it was just for loan.

Believe me Giblet, there are a****les of every denomination imaginable. Not so many Swedes though, correct Roland?

ISLAMATRON

Some wise words from Mclaren/MErcedes which will help calm the situation and keep FOTA united.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74660

andartop

Is it wise words indeed or just Mercedes PR speaking?
You know what they say..don't put all of your eggs in one basket!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ISLAMATRON

andartop wrote:Is it wise words indeed or just Mercedes PR speaking?
You know what they say..don't put all of your eggs in one basket!
Seemed alot more rational than Flavio's rant & tantrum... but thats just my opinion.

dp35

I find it funny that Flav is the #1 whiner about the Brawn team and their diffusers. Now his company's engines finished 1-2, but not in his cars, and without the "creative" diffusers.

Foot in mouth is right, but that won't quiet down ol Flav.

Conceptual

Wait a minute...

I thought that ALL TV money was being held in escrow by Bernie until a new Concorde was signed by the teams.

Or was that different money?

Jersey Tom

Don't know about his intent.. and I can understand his frustration, but damn. Talk about unprofessional...
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

xpensive

And since when did Martin Whitmarsh become the impartial voice of reason? Which engine is in that Brawn again?

Briatore, however flamboyant to an extreme, has been the man at the losing end more often than not over the years.
- Having the mass-dampers outlawed, even if approved by CW more than a year earlier.
- Losing his Michelins when they were too fast, forcing him to use Ferrari-developed rubber.
- Being the only team taking the engine-freeze seriously and losing out big time on power.

Now people ask him to sacrifice money to a team contradicting the spirit of FOTA's own rules, a team run by the organization's own technical head? Get the hell out of here!
Last edited by xpensive on 21 Apr 2009, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

Shredcheddar

And back on topic, I don't get how any competitor in racing (much less F1!) can be so shameless as to defend "the spirit of the rules." I don't think there's anyone in the world who doesn't see through that BS.

xpensive

Well said shred, it is a new team per definition, case closed. No money to Brawn GP.

firefly

xpensive wrote:- Being the only team taking the engine-freeze seriously and losing out big time on power.
I think Honda lost out on power aswell. Sure they're not competing this year but it was said that Renault and Honda were down on power.

As for Briatore i don't mind him, but i don't think he needs to be critical of other drivers from other teams such as Jenson and Rubens. They're not slow drivers. I mean, he shouldn't be talking when he has a driver like piquet. :lol:

ISLAMATRON

xpensive wrote:And since when did Martin Whitmarsh become the impartial voice of reason? Which engine is in that Brawn again?

Now people ask him to sacrifice money to a team contradicting the spirit of FOTA's own rules, a team run by the organization's own technical head? Get the hell out of here!
You dont think Whitmarsh wants to beat the Brawn who is running the same engine better than his squad is? I doubt Whitmarsh raises any toasts to Brawn GP because the run they same lump.

He just may realize much better then Flav that a couple million bucks isnt worth the destruction of FOTA. Plus he may be a man more of his word than Flav, they long since said they would do it so do as you said you would.

No doubt they are a new team but the big picture here is more important.