What size foot fits in Flavio's Mouth????

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andartop
andartop

Re: What size foot fits in Flavio's Mouth????

Of course MW wants to beat Brawn GP.
But Mercedes, who is MW's boss, wants a Mercedes powered car to win.
And at the moment, it looks far more likely that Brawn GP might get the WCC, rather than McLaren or Force India..
Besides, MW is a liar! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

xpensive
xpensive

Ross Brawn is quoted saying the following;

“The FIA determined that we were a new entry. I understand the reasons why they made that decision, and we respect that. On the commercial side, it's not something I feel I want to comment on, but something I would say is that FOTA has been very supportive – as has FOM in finding a solution – to give the team the best chance of a way forward in the future.”
Therefore Briatore is correct, in black and white, no "spirit" of anything needed.
Last edited by xpensive on 21 Apr 2009, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Giblet
Giblet

I can't blame a single team manager nickel and diming, when Ferrari gets a special payment that nobody else gets.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

xpensive wrote:- Losing his Michelins when they were too fast, forcing him to use Ferrari-developed rubber.
Sooo false or out to left field, in many respects.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

xpensive
xpensive

Sooo interesting JT, kindly elaborate?

firefly
firefly

xpensive wrote:Sooo interesting JT, kindly elaborate?
Wasn't michelin under threat because of the race in indi 05'? I thought that it was the teams pushing for a single tyre supplier in order to cut costs.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Michelin was offered the single tyre supplier role first, but declined, so it was Michelin screwing renault, nothing else.

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

xpensive wrote:- Losing his Michelins when they were too fast, forcing him to use Ferrari-developed rubber.
Sure.

You make it sound like the FIA went through the following thought process:

Renault is performing too well -> How can we screw them -> Let's force Michelin out of F1 and force them to switch over to Bridgestone! They won't know what to do!

And that's just silly. Whether Michelin or Bridgestone were offered a sole-supplier deal, or if there was a preference, is beyond me. Kinda irrelevant. Michelin chose to leave the sport, and inevitably all of that stuff comes down to a business decision.

I think a number of folks think that Bridgestone designed their tires around Ferrari and/or M. Schumacher alone... and that therefore they're tailored to them specifically at the expense of other folks. That's not how it works. If you have a tire test (or if you really test brakes or whatever else) you're going to have the strong performing tires, the so-so ones, and the junk bin.

No teams's gonna like the junk bin.

The so-so tires, I doubt anyone's gonna be clamoring for.

More than likely, it will come down to a very few tires that perform well for everyone.. and then there will be some preference. Maybe Schumacher likes Set A a little better than B, and Barichello likes B a little better than A.. but they're both close. In that case do you side with MS? Yea probably. But it's not like you're screwing other teams or that tire magically only works on 1 car. A good tire is a good tire.

And even when they did have to switch... yea they talked about having to learn the Bridgestone's and all this crap. Don't know if I believe it. But given my position I won't elaborate any further without gettin past generics :)
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

The FOZ
The FOZ

Jersey Tom wrote:A good tire is a good tire.
And a good car is a good car. But does pairing a good car with a good tire automatically equal the two working together well? Possibly not right away, and possibly only with a large amount of work.

I'm not going to dredge up the past, but the sole supplier concept is a good one, since no single team is getting anything that the others are not. Sure, nobody's getting the opportunity to optimize the tire performance nearly as much as in the past, and that's the point - level playing field, even if the performance level is somewhat lessened.

xpensive
xpensive

Thanks Islam. My guess would be those closest to the EvilTwins nowadays, why perhaps not Ferrari? :D

Williams for certain, Force India and McLaren...hmmm...strange bedfellows there?

Ciro Pabón

I deleted a lot of posts from this thread, because they were OOT. I then locked the thread: the ones that participated know why. I would be very grateful if next time you use PMs for that kind of comments, please.
Ciro