So what happened to the new teams?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet

Re: So what happened to the new teams?

Stop typing everything in caps if you think we don't understand.

STOP YELLING.

I thought the teams had one more week.

RELAX.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andartop

Giblet wrote:Stop typing everything in caps if you think we don't understand.

STOP YELLING.

I thought the teams had one more week.

RELAX.
It's called emphasis.

I never yell to anyone, especially when I'm arguing.

I know I could have used boldface or italics, but based on a previous recommendation of yours concerning my posts (to use smaller sentences and change paragraphs as often as possible) I really thought you might have poor eyesight, in which case CAPITALIZATION could have helped.

I guess the only other thing I could try would be to write in Japanese and use katakana phonetic characters.

Then again you might complain that I should write in English. :roll:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Giblet

I wasn't aware we were in an argument. I guess that is part of the problem.

You ASSUME that things NEED to get DUMBED down a shade.

If you were talking to me like that in "IRL", I would likely just walk away from you.

My eyes are fine, and I do appreciate you structuring your paragraphs and sentences in a way that is readable and being somewhat in a style that has something to do with LANGUAGE. Poor eyesight has nothing to do with people butchering the language so bad their posts look like a random string of characters. When you use proper sentences and paragraph structure, your thoughts are presented to be organized, and understood, as opposed to a random train of thought. A period at the end of something means "done".

Comments about eyes and such are just dick things to say, and come across very crass and ARGUMENTATIVE.

I was corrected about the deadline being TOMORROW, but tomorrow would more then suffice. I don't need emphasis to understand what is typed on the screen in front of me.

Caps on the net, are considered yelling. Boldface and italics are easy to emphasize. It's been that way since the word nettiquete first popped up, like, 15 years ago.

So we're good right? This isn't an argument, and we don't need to be dumbed down to.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andartop

Are you for real?
Giblet wrote:I wasn't aware we were in an argument. I guess that is part of the problem.
We weren't. At least not if you understand the verb "to argue" as "to disagree", because it can also mean "to show", or "to reason". But I just explained my use of capitals to you, and to emphasize that my original post wasn't meant to be offensive I informed you that I, as a person, do not yell at people, not even when I'm arguing, and surely not when I'm not arguing.
Giblet wrote:You ASSUME that things NEED to get DUMBED down a shade.
Not me, that would be the FIA.
I thought you thought things needed to get dumbed down when you suggested you have difficulties comprehending a sentence if it's too long.
Giblet wrote:My eyes are fine, and I do appreciate you structuring your paragraphs and sentences in a way that is readable and being somewhat in a style that has something to do with LANGUAGE. Poor eyesight has nothing to do with people butchering the language so bad their posts look like a random string of characters. When you use proper sentences and paragraph structure, your thoughts are presented to be organized, and understood, as opposed to a random train of thought. A period at the end of something means "done".
Apart from a very few selected posts, where my aim was to make fun of conspiracy theorists (see "irony"), you really think my posts are presented unstructured? You really think my posts "butcher the language"? Please send me a PM quoting some of these posts. A sentence is not necessarily better structured if it is shorter, and a long sentence may be well structured. Changing paragraphs is something you're supposed to do when you change a subject, not a sentence. Proof of that can be found, well, in any book. If you imply you find it hard to understand my English I do apologize as it is not my native language, but having studied the English language since elementary school, having a Cambridge First Certificate in English, Cambridge Proficiency in English, Certificate of adequacy to teach the English language, IELTS (Academic) and living, working, and doing an MSc course in the UK, honestly, this is the first time someone has a difficulty understanding my English. I actually find it quite amusing when British people at work or at the university ask me about spelling of English words, or to proofread something they wrote. I know it's tragic, but it does happens a lot.
Giblet wrote:I don't need emphasis to understand what is typed on the screen in front of me.
Well, no one does. Emphasis is not purposed to be explanatory, it is just supposed to show or state that something is particularly important or worth giving attention to.
Giblet wrote:Comments about eyes and such are just dick things to say, and come across very crass and ARGUMENTATIVE.
Apologize again, but, honestly, that is what I really thought when you said you have difficulties reading through my posts because I don't change paragraphs and my sentences are too long. I can't see why having poor eyesight should be considered an insult. It is a medical condition.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

WhiteBlue

David Richards set for 2010 F1 entry
Racing series F1
Date 2009-05-29
By Motorsport.com/GMM

David Richards' Banbury-based outfit is set to make its Formula One debut next year.

The team, expected to link up technically with McLaren-Mercedes, will initially enter the world championship as Prodrive, before becoming Aston Martin by 2012.

It is believed Richards, formerly team boss at Benetton and BAR, committed to lodging his official paperwork by Friday's deadline after discussions with Bernie Ecclestone that lasted until late Wednesday night.

It was on Wednesday that the FIA rules finally became clear (pending official confirmation), following a compromise deal amid the existing teams' standoff with the sport's ruling bodies.

Next year, the budget cap will be 100m, with special concessions such as cheap components offered to small teams, before the figure shrinks to 45m in 2011.

"The cars will be built at Banbury and have Aston Martin-badged customer engines obtained from a supplier," Richards confirmed to Autocar.

Among the backers is Aston Martin's majority owner Investment Dar, a Kuwaiti shareholding company, and another Middle Eastern interest.
So we got a Prodrive team with Aston Martin badged engines made by Mercedes HPE Ltd. Good outcome!

Joe Saward blog
it seems that part of the agreement is that the teams will agree to supply engines, gearboxes and so on to new teams, at a sensible price. The likelihood is that there will be at least two and possible as many as four new teams applying for franchises. It is anticipated that USF1, Adrian Campos’s Campos Racing (as opposed to Alejandro Agag’s Addax team, formerly known as Campos) and Prodrive will apply for entries and it is believed that Joan Villadelprat’s Epsilon team could also be putting in an entry. Epsilon has the people and facilities to build its own cars in a new factory in Spain. Campos is believed to be close to signing a deal to have chassis supplied by Dallara.
and the other teams are USF1, Campos Racing, and Epsilon. Again I say a worthy outcome if Toyota decide to quit. If not one of those gusy will not be admitted.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet

Wow.

Sorry for the language thing you obviously feel you speak well. It was just your presentation that was horrible and that is a very important part of any language. You fixed the problem. Nobody who actually teaches English thinks run on sentences are good.

By the way, glasses would not split your prior "wads of characters" into sentences and paragraphs. Medical condition or not. That was the smart mouth quip that was not nescessary, it angered me, and I jumped all over you.

CMSMJ1

Breathe again Sirs, please do! Neither of you are normally prone to protracted net fighting 8)

I wonder if Merc are looking to supply 4 teams then if they can supply Aston badged motors to Prodrive?

I thought the limit was 2 teams and with a special dispensation required for any more?

Surely a Cosworth motor rebadge would make more sense?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

ISLAMATRON

only thing I can think of is that cossie only makes engines whereas they could get an entire drivetrain + KERS from McMerc, that would be the an advantage.

ISLAMATRON

LOLA just confirmed puting their bid in
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75676

so now we got
USF1
Campos F1
Lola
Prodrive

With possibly more in the works... Espilon

What will be done if there are too many entries? would sure be nice to have prequalifying

natef1

Just hearing Toyota are putting their hat into the ring for 2010.

That's quite surprising to me.

I wonder, will the FIA/FOM open up the grid to more teams? The limit's at what, 26 cars right now? I mean if we Epsilon get on board we could have 5 new teams, add that to the existing teams, and you have a 30 car grid. Could that happen? :shock:

gridwalker

ISLAMATRON wrote:LOLA just confirmed puting their bid in
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75676

so now we got
USF1
Campos F1
Lola
Prodrive

With possibly more in the works... Espilon

What will be done if there are too many entries? would sure be nice to have prequalifying
I guess that they'd award the franchise according to the most credible business plan : there's no point in allowing a team to enter if they're going to fall apart after one season.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

donskar

Toyota? That is a bit surprising.

The new teams are exciting. But I do hope a compromise will be reached with the current teams.

I hope those of you who are close to the action today will report on signees as news breaks. (F1Technical: When News Breaks, We Fix It)

F1 news is virtually non-existent here in Kowboy, USA.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

gridwalker

BBC F1 wrote:Ferrari and the rest of the teams in the Formula One Teams' Association (Fota) have submitted conditional entries for the 2010 championship.

More to follow.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 072295.stm
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

allan

nah, i think it means one team has already lost their spot, probably Ferrari
so we have 5 teams enrolled next season (counting williams); a little more than 6 hours to go.....

allan

just realized my post was like 10 minutes late, and we already have a different enrollment list LOL