So what happened to the new teams?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
megz

Re: So what happened to the new teams?

J. Villeneuve is quite Canadian, although again, could just be semantics, he's from the American continent.

Anyhow, well done good sirs to FOTA signing as a complete body rather than individually, they have alot of strength and wont go down easily.

donskar

John Howett's interview in Autosport is intriguing:
Ours' is a conditional entry, pre-requisite on conditions being satisfied.

One must wonder whether Max will bend a bit. It seems clear that FOTA intends to force his hand -- "OK Max we will race, if you agree to compromise. Will you?"

Now it's his move.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

Mosley has publicly declared that he will sign a concord agreement. Of course there may be different ideas of the provisions of such a contract. I would not be worried too much if the contract is consistent with the current regulations.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ISLAMATRON

looks like another new team enty has been reported.... MarchF1... another familiar name

So the list now is

USF1
Lola
Litespeed
Campos F1
Prodrive
Espilon
MarchF1

czt
czt

ISLAMATRON wrote:looks like another new team enty has been reported.... MarchF1... another familiar name

So the list now is

USF1
Lola
Litespeed
Campos F1
Prodrive
Espilon
MarchF1
I haven't seen anything confirmed about the Epsilon entry, only that they were intending to put a deal together?

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:looks like another new team enty has been reported.... MarchF1... another familiar name

So the list now is

USF1
Lola
Litespeed
Campos F1
Prodrive
Espilon
MarchF1
If the conditional FOTA applications are invalid it means that potentially three of the current teams could be without a license when the music stopps.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

donskar

It seems we are not quite there yet. This is Domenicali in Autosport.com:

"The nine teams - Williams membership having been suspended - that currently make up FOTA, have put in entries for the 2010 championship that will only be valid if the Concorde Agreement is signed and if the regulations will be those currently in use, but modified as per FOTA's suggestions.”

. . . . . . . .

He emphasised that the decision did not mean that the Formula One Teams' Association accepted the FIA's budget cap vision.

"Absolutely not," said Domenicali. "The request to make the 2009 regulations the starting point, means there will be no budget cap."
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

Yeah, I have seen that. And as I said their application is not complete if they have not signed for the regulations. So if they all continue on that path after 12th June seven new entrants could be approved.

I think at least for the Merc supplied teams and BMW it is extremely unlikely that they will keep it that way. They cannot risk to miss the bus. Ferrari can always buy a team with a license but Merc and BMW cannot. They would never get approval of the board.

xpensive

I have been incommunicado the past week, has Williams FOTA membership been suspended, on what grounds?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

They put an application in on the first day. Said they had an obligation to tell the truth to their employees about the FOM contract. Pretty honest in my book compared with Ferrari who have the same kind of contract but make us believe they will pay Bernie 300 mil $ to not compete.

WhiteBlue

We now have Superfunds with Alex Wurz as team principal as the 8th team on the map.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75753

ISLAMATRON

Wow, new entries still being revealed days later

timbo

So, seems like already much more than 13. Who's gonna get dumped?

Giblet

What happened to Brittania racing?

Did they get drunk and forget to apply?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

axle

I think they should allow 30 cars just for fun :D
- Axle