Alguersuari, the drivers have spoken now what do you think?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
-KMR_NH-

Re: Alguersuari, the drivers have spoken now what do you think?

Jaime debuted well. He stayed on the track the whole weekend apart from his hydraulic failure on Saturday. The pace was ok for the km he had done in an F1.
I guess it's gonna be interesting to see him at Valencia as I guess the track is a little bit more demanding.
Kimi Räikkönen
Nico Hülkenberg

mx_tifoso

Almost a full year later what are your opinions about him? So far he has done a pretty good job in the poor STR5. Currently he's leading Buemi 3:1 in points.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Just_a_fan

mx_tifosi wrote:Almost a full year later what are your opinions about him? So far he has done a pretty good job in the poor STR5. Currently he's leading Buemi 3:1 in points.
He's generally finishing higher than he starts although without data about those around him at each event it's difficult to say whether that's luck or skill.

I seem to remember another driver who started his F1 career with people saying he was too inexperienced etc. He went on to win a WDC title with Ferrari.

JA certainly has plenty of spirit from what I've seen. If he has some inherent ability to back up that spirit then he should do well. I doubt he'll ever be a title contender though...

[edit to remove table; don't need it twice]
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Miguel

After a year, I think Jaime is a pretty decent chap with a good racer's spirit. Nvertheless, his qualifying performances must improve. They really must. His team and he seem to be putting a lot of effort in that area, so that's good. In any case, the testing rules have made it really difficult for rookies to start. Look at how the things in williams are going: Nico was hailed as the second coming and he's struggling to match Rubens.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Dukeage

He seems like a nice bloke (in that he would work well with a good team, and a good team-mate), and has had good race performances. He's not the best qualifier though, but I feel sure that will pick up. It's not as if points are given out on Saturday, there's the small matter of a 300km motor race ...

segedunum

He's still too inexperienced. That crash with Chandhok was rather silly and I don't understand this attitude of firing drivers and then putting someone in who has no life experience, nevermind driving experience, and then expecting nothing from him for a whole season.