Stefan GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard

Stefan GP

They're not on the grid, but behaving like they are, so lets give them a thread.

Apparently their chassis is already in preliminary crash testing ...

http://www.stefangp.com/news004.html

They also appear to have a wind tunnel model. I wonder if it has an uncanny similarity to the Mike Gascoyne's "borrowed" model ????

axle

Re: Stefan GP

As I understand it they have bought the TF110. The Toyota 2010 F1 car.

So they will actually have a better car than the other new teams...if they get to race. They must be praying that one of the other teams pulls out before the first race.

TBH I'd be happy to have them there...shame there is no space.
- Axle

mx_tifoso

They have named their 2010 car the 'S-01'.

I don't know what to make of this team yet, hopefully they're serious about racing in Formula One and plan to stay for many years.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

xpensive

I wonder how the "new teams" will be treated by the FIA between now and Bahrain, will they be trusted until first practice to show up, or are there mechanisms to freeze before that, in order to give others, like this Stefan GP, a go?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard

xpensive wrote:I wonder how the "new teams" will be treated by the FIA between now and Bahrain, will they be trusted until first practice to show up, or are there mechanisms to freeze before that, in order to give others, like this Stefan GP, a go?

I suspect there will be terms in the FIA contract for certain levels of funding and bonds/warranties. Based on Max/Bernie's previous behaviour curcuits, these will be set at high level so teams inevitably default. From that point onwards, they are at the mercy of the Bernie/Todt. So if some chap turns up with a briefcase of cash and a car, it would be easy to bump one team out and bring another in.

ESPImperium

TBH, i am kind of hoping that Stefan GP with what was the TF110 and Toyota RVX-10 engines makes its way onto the 2010 grid and not USF1. Thats why i think SGP are carrying on with the 2010 car development as if one of the 2 teams that are tipped not to make it, SGP can step right in there and offer Bernie a way to make sure that he has 26 cars on the grid for next year. As he is contractually bound now that 13 teams have been confirmed for 2010 and therefore could be fined, thats what happened in 2008 with Super Aguri, and again with Honda/Brawn in 2009. Bernie can be "fined" by the television brodcasters if there isnt X ammount of cars on the grid at the start of each season.

jddh1

I think these guys have done a huge blunder with the name. The team is now owned by Mr Zoran Stefanovic, thus the name Stefan GP. That you obviously know. Now, why do I think they made a blunder with the team name? Well, I think the name should have been Zoran GP. Just listen for a minute. Which sounds better, Zoran GP or Stefan GP? The first option sounds bad a$%. The second, which they no use, is kinda soft.
Just sayin'.

As far as them continuing to go forward with their project, well keep going. If USF1 doesn't make it, they have a pretty solid chance.
And if you're looking for a job in racing, apply at their site. Who knows, you could be in F1 next year.

roost89

jddh1 wrote:I think these guys have done a huge blunder with the name. The team is now owned by Mr Zoran Stefanovic, thus the name Stefan GP. That you obviously know. Now, why do I think they made a blunder with the team name? Well, I think the name should have been Zoran GP. Just listen for a minute. Which sounds better, Zoran GP or Stefan GP? The first option sounds bad a$%. The second, which they no use, is kinda soft.
Just sayin'.

As far as them continuing to go forward with their project, well keep going. If USF1 doesn't make it, they have a pretty solid chance.
And if you're looking for a job in racing, apply at their site. Who knows, you could be in F1 next year.
They're keeping Zoran for when they are near the top. Then they'll have a bad-a$5 name to go with a sweet car!
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

xpensive

Not having paid much attention to this, "Neo-Toyota" team, Stefan GP, does anyone know where the money comes from?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.

could we merge the threads -Stefan GP- to -buying intelectual property - please ?

stefanovic:

http://www.amco.st/projects.php

own money + funding from the government as well as stated in interviews ,links posted already in thread mentioned above.

WhiteBlue

I do not see Stefan GP making it to the F1 grid any time soon. They have pissed into Max's shoes with their EU complaint. They havn't pushed this issue any more but it becomes an automatic thing as soon as you have filed a complaint. So technically they are still in opposition. They have never passed a proper application and due diligence that other applicants did. Neither Bernie nor Todt will be compelled to give them any preferential treatment. If I would have to make a guess I would think that Lola or even ProDrive are much closer to race in F1 than Stefan GP are.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet

Max who? That guy is gone, and his shoes are wet. No biggie. Bernie has nothing to do with a team being able to start the season. He can't stop a team from racing money because he doesn't like them, but yes, he does not need to do them any favors.

You don't mess with the Zoran. :)

Funny how they are doing everytihng right to get on the grid, and they aren't allowed to be there.

Toyota ran a whole year of testing before showing up on the grid, with a car that never raced, but they had a lot of money to burn at the time, and didn't care about cost.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote: Bernie has nothing to do with a team being able to start the season. He can't stop a team from racing money because he doesn't like them, but yes, he does not need to do them any favors.
The FIA will not suddenly change their position regarding the proper way to apply for an F1 license. I expect Todt to stick to the views of the previous presidency in that regard. And Bernie still runs the commercial show. He has a lot of influence on the way team priviledges and assets are transferred to successors.

Toyota and Stefan have tried real hard to piss off the PTB in F1 and those guys would be dumb to forget this at pay day.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet

WhiteBlue wrote:
Giblet wrote: Bernie has nothing to do with a team being able to start the season. He can't stop a team from racing money because he doesn't like them, but yes, he does not need to do them any favors.
The FIA will not suddenly change their position regarding the proper way to apply for an F1 license. I expect Todt to stick to the views of the previous presidency in that regard. And Bernie still runs the commercial show. He has a lot of influence on the way team priviledges and assets are transferred to successors.

Toyota and Stefan have tried real hard to piss off the PTB in F1 and those guys would be dumb to forget this at pay day.
WB, I know that you know a lot abbout the FIA. Much more than me, and I tend to liten to what you say, however, Stefan GP could get a lawyer and Lola and Prodrive together in a class suit against the FIA. There was some serious issues with teams applying under the "You must use Cosworth if you want to get into F1" thing.

This was swept under the rug, and people sort of forgot that the process itself was flawed and underhanded.

I don't know how much merit there is to this accusation, but it was taken seriously by the teams in question.

I am visitng my folks in Onterrible right now (damn this snow) and they use IE8, with no built in spell checker. Wht a peece of krap.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:

WB, I know that you know a lot abbout the FIA. Much more than me, and I tend to liten to what you say, however, Stefan GP could get a lawyer and Lola and Prodrive together in a class suit against the FIA. There was some serious issues with teams applying under the "You must use Cosworth if you want to get into F1" thing.

This was swept under the rug, and people sort of forgot that the process itself was flawed and underhanded.

I don't know how much merit there is to this accusation, but it was taken seriously by the teams in question.
The Cosworth question was already subject to a law suit between the FIA and MSC.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... tance.aspx

The tribunal de grande instance decided that the FIA procedure was correct.

All teams had exactly the same information that a successful application required a Cosworth engine deal. Those teams who preferred not to comply were awarded lower ranks in the entry qualifications.

I can understand that the circumstances were difficult for some teams because they had been planning with other engines. So a change of requirements was difficult but the FIA had to safeguard F1 against a FOTA engine pull out which was a real threat that came up on very short notice as a part of the break away threat.