Car Releases

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Car Releases

Ross Brawn wrote:The car we have at the first test won't be the final definition of the car. We have a major upgrade before Bahrain. That is something that perhaps will be common, but what we launch in Valencia will be the chassis and fundamentals for 2010, but with a new aerodynamic package in time for Bahrain.
Brawn mentioned in an Autosport interview today that all leading teams are expected to keep their final aero secret until shortly before the Bahrain race. Whitmarsh said something very similar. I remember that this must have been ongoing quite often in the past years. What they cannot delay introducing is the diffusor.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WhiteBlue wrote:
Ross Brawn wrote:The car we have at the first test won't be the final definition of the car. We have a major upgrade before Bahrain. That is something that perhaps will be common, but what we launch in Valencia will be the chassis and fundamentals for 2010, but with a new aerodynamic package in time for Bahrain.
Brawn mentioned in an Autosport interview today that all leading teams are expected to keep their final aero secret until shortly before the Bahrain race. Whitmarsh said something very similar. I remember that this must have been ongoing quite often in the past years. What they cannot delay introducing is the diffusor.
Id expect more or less every team that makes the first test to do so, with exeption of all the new teams, Red Bull and Force India will be a safe assumption that it could go either way for them, but id bet on the side of a update pre Bahrain for them.

Id expect that the new teams will probably be wanting to wait till arround Barcelona for their first improvements just to get a good solid baseline of data for their cars, then move on from there.

Lotus will be the funny one, as per Gascgoynes prefrence, he will make small incremental gains every race or two, with a major B-Spec coming arround round 10-12 and them gaining what looks like 0.5-0.7 a lap, but in real terms its probably arround 0.3 a lap once everything shakes out after the first few races with his method of design implementation. His B-Spec will usually get one or two small revisions after that, then its on to the new car.

I cannot wait till Thursday and Friday for Ferarri and McLaren. And Sunday/Monday for the batch of Sauber, Renault, Williams, Toro Roso and Mercedes.

The one thing i hope is that Mercedes will have their logo on the Force India and that Ferarri have their prancing horse on the Sauber and Toro Rosso engine covers. To me they are missing out on good marketing exposure that way.

Way my callender is looking at current:

Ferarri 281: January 28th - Mugello, Italy
McLaren MP4/25: January 29th - Woking, UK
Sauber C29: January 31st - Valencia, Spain
Renault R30: January 31st - Valencia, Spain
Mercedes W01: 1st Febuary - Valencia, Spain
Toro Rosso STR5: 1st Febuary - Valencia, Spain
Williams FW32: 1st Febuary - Valencia, Spain
Force India VJM/03: Febuary 10th - Jerez, Spain
Red Bull RB6: Febuary 10th - Jerez, Spain
Virgin VR-01: Febuary 10th - Jerez, Spain (UK car shakedown 4th Febuary)
Lotus TBA: TBA - TBA
Campos Meta TBA: TBA - TBA
USF1 Type 1: Early Febuary - Barber Motorsport Park, Alabama, USA (Shakedown)

BOLD = New teams.
BOLD & ITALICS = Old teams under new management.

Brawn GP = Mercedes GP PETRONAS
BMW Sauber = Sauber
Renault = Renault (Under new management as 80% of the teams shares were bought by Genii Capital led by the founder of Skype, Gerard Lopez)

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote: McLaren MP4/25: January 29th - Woking, UK
right day wrong venue!

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type ... 9&PO=47669
Martin Whitmarsh wrote:We’ll be launching the car at Vodafone’s UK headquarters in Newbury on January 29
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Fil

:lol: you and your double posting WB! :lol:
you're just trying to bump up your post count aren't you! [-X

you do realise the Submit button doesn't need to be double-clicked right? haha!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

WhiteBlue

I think it is a problem with my mouse. I use Logitech mice predominently. After a year or so they wear out the left mouse button for reasons I don't know. I havn't found a cure yet for that. It isn't a problem with fast sites or those which have a delete option.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WhiteBlue wrote:
right day wrong venue!

Martin Whitmarsh wrote:We’ll be launching the car at Vodafone’s UK headquarters in Newbury on January 29
My wrong. Sorry.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
right day wrong venue!

My wrong. Sorry.
NP, :P There will be few people going to make the trip anyway.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Anyways, i saw this on the STR Site today, what looks like to be a spy pic of the STR5:

Belatti
Belatti

Isnt this cool or what?

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

If they keep that, and someone confirmed it was going to be black, it'll be the best livery on the grid.

WhiteBlue

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... n-testing/?

Campos announced they will not go testing and use the first race as a test session.

axle
axle

WhiteBlue wrote:http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... n-testing/?

Campos announced they will not go testing and use the first race as a test session.
Got to be a financial reason for that....which means they are weak/on the edge of failing. They must be praying that Petrov doesn't sign with Renault.
- Axle

Fil

Official launch time & location announced..

12th of February, central London, at The Royal Horticultural Hall!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

jac
jac

Belatti wrote:Isnt this cool or what?

Reminds me of the 02 Minardi.