Point system to become a standard

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Point system to become a standard

It may be a relief for so many fans, that some different categories of world wide motorsport will adopt the same points system.
After the FIA had set a new points system for the formula 1 from 2003 on, the FIA world rally championship had announced it would apply the same point scoring system. Like this wasn't even good enough, now it has become known that the FIA GT championship will also adopt the same system 8) It looks like calculations will become a lot easier next year...

SpeedTech

Your right about the calculations bing much easier :lol: Only wish that they would adopt it for the local series here ( V8 Supercars ) :( :? :x

Steven
Owner

hehe!

don't ask too much, the FIA are a bunch of veeeeery slow people :twisted:

Anyway don't you think a global points system for these kinds of motorsport, with about the same amount of competitors would be a good system?
Speedtech : welcome by the way to the forum :wink:

SpeedTech

I agree with you totally.....it would make so much easier. 8)

At times I dont even follow the table in the V8 supercars, its just so confusing, next year is even better :x the drivers get to drop there worst round of the year :shock: :? so why bother.But the racing isnt to bad :lol:

Even the DTM series in Germany is using the same point system. So I guess you can say that a global point system is starting to be used.

I'm not even sure if AVESCO is affiliated with the FIA at all :? Thats our governing body here in the land down under. :wink: