Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
donskar

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

I'm taking a different slant:

Take Newey's Red Bull. Any of these drivers could dominate in it, assuming a true #2 alongside him (in VERY ROUGHLY descending order):
Vettel
Hamilton
Alonso
Kimi
Webber
Kubica
Massa
Schumacher
Rosberg

So for me, the more important consideration and the more interesting set of changes will be in the teams' technical makeup. Will teams try to steal Newey? (Not likely) Find the hitherto unknown "new Newey"? (Unlikely) Do a bit of poaching? (Quite likely)

Where will Paddy Lowe end up? Will Force India's tech team implode? Will McLaren feel they need new blood to turn things around? I can see Ferrari resuming their attempt to get Giorgio Ascanelli from STR (Why?)

So, for those of you closer to the action than me, pass on any rumors about movement on the tech side.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

raymondu999

You forgot 1 key question: Will Rory come back? :D :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:Kimi to Red Bull is nagging still...
Not according to RB team management. They are giving Webber a one year contract. Kimi will remain in Rally cars, IMO. That is a much better opportunity for him to show his balls and his James Hunt attitude towards racing. With enough money in the bank and one WDC why should he go back to having to sprout corporate bullshit again.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 03 Jun 2010, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

You know, actually, it would be amazing if a team did a one-weekend deal with Kimi, wouldn't it? Just for Spa. That would be absolutely amazing. Especially if he won.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

noname

WhiteBlue wrote:Not according to RB team management. They are giving Webber a one year contract. Kimi will remain in Rally cars, IMO. That is a much better opportunity for him to show his balls and his James Hunt attitude towards racing. With enough money in the bank and one WDC why should he go back to having to sprout corporate bullshit again.
I think going back to F1 would be equal to admitting he is not good enough to fight for top spots in rallying.

however he did not go there just because he has nothing else to do and was afraid of being bored.

BreezyRacer

raymondu999 wrote:You know, actually, it would be amazing if a team did a one-weekend deal with Kimi, wouldn't it? Just for Spa. That would be absolutely amazing. Especially if he won.
Dream on .. if RB won't let Webber win WHILE HE IS LEADING THE RACE what makes you think they would let Kimi do it. And Kimi ain't coming back to play number 2 driver. Barricello is the best "designated number 2" driver out there .. as long as you just don't tell him that. :lol:

raymondu999

I didn't say RB. I said a team. Any team. 1 off deal for the constructors points of a win in Spa. (I'm not saying he'll win for sure, but Kimi winning at Spa isn't too bad a bet, is it? :P)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

donskar

raymondu999 wrote:You forgot 1 key question: Will Rory come back? :D :P
Afraid he is retired for good. He and John Barnard are (IMHO) the only ones out there capable of challenging Newey.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

raymondu999

That's what some people said of Schumi too :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

antsyd

Webber Extends Red Bull Contract

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84204

Giblet

From what it sounds like Kimi has nowhere to go. He'll stay rallying for now vthat red bull "back door" is just a regular locked front door with a doorbell, and kimi looks like he has no key.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

mike

Mercedes for kimi?? haha? roseberg to reault with kubica
Schumi Kimi super team??

no offense roseberg is great but if Schumi is clear cut better than him for the rest of the season.......they might bring back Kimi

lotus7

mike wrote: no offense roseberg is great but if Schumi is clear cut better than him for the rest of the season
No driver will ever be clear cut better over a season if the Brawn/Schumi pairing is intact

ESPImperium

Kimi will now stay with WRC now i feel. My assumptions are as followes:

Red Bull-TBC: Webber/Vettel (Confirmed)
McLaren-Mercedes: Button/Hamilton (Confirmed)
Ferarri: Alonso/Massa
Mercedes: Schumacher/Rosberg
Renault: Kubica/Petrov
Williams-TBC: Barrichello/Hulkenberg
Force India-Mercedes: Sutil/Di Resta
Toro Rosso-TBC: Alguersauri/Riciardo
ART-Ferarri: Heidfeld/Bianchi
Lotus-Cosworth: Kovalinenn/Trulli (Confirmed)
Virgin-Cosworth: Glock/Di Grassi
Hispania-Cosworth: Klien/Chandhok
Epsilon-Renault: Tba/TBA [I also feel that its gonna be Epsilon Eskudi that are given the 13th place)

So Senna, Buemi, De La Rosa, Kobiyahsi will all be looking elsewhere for drives, altho De La Rosa will probs stay at BMW Sauber/ART as a Test and Reserve role.

Drivers that would be looking to graduate to F1 id say would include; Baguette, Razia, Clos and a good rew others, but with Webbers contract signing, it tightens up the drivers market for 2011 already.

doopie2you

Damn Webber stays at RBR :lol:

If i were RBR i wouldn't had signed him, he is so old. And can't overtake [-X
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows